You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bashuad Breeland Contract situation
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MKnight82

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
I'd work out a contract now. He's a much better player than he showed last year and we'll get him for a bit cheaper if we work the deal out now.

Man, you really ARE living in my head. 110% agree.

If we worked out a contract now, it would be MUCH cheaper than if he finally "gets it" this season and balls out.
He got absolutely owned at times last year, I wouldn't extend him now. We also have a ton of other more deserving players that will need extensions next year.

And if he bounces back and has a really good year than he's gone. Corners get big money on the open market and he certainly would if he plays well again. The eagles have been doing this for years, extending contracts before the player really takes off and it saved their butts a few times. Instead, the redskins wait until the player plays extremely well and gets top dollar. It's stupid. Just pay him now with a deal you can easily get out of if he sucks.
Or we can just draft his replacement.

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
I'd work out a contract now. He's a much better player than he showed last year and we'll get him for a bit cheaper if we work the deal out now.

If we worked out a contract now, it would be MUCH cheaper than if he finally "gets it" this season and balls out.
He got absolutely owned at times last year, I wouldn't extend him now. We also have a ton of other more deserving players that will need extensions next year.

And if he bounces back and has a really good year than he's gone. Corners get big money on the open market and he certainly would if he plays well again. The eagles have been doing this for years, extending contracts before the player really takes off and it saved their butts a few times. Instead, the redskins wait until the player plays extremely well and gets top dollar. It's stupid. Just pay him now with a deal you can easily get out of if he sucks.

This. The 2017 draft is set up perfectly for us to draft a CB opposite Norman that we could have on a cheap rookie contract for 4 years and be his eventual replacement.

And Fuller's game has always been best suited to playing as a boundary CB. So even if we draft someone like Buddha Baker to be our nickel, we could groom Fuller this year for a move into the #2 CB role in 2018.
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
lavar703 wrote:

Norman got owned by Pryor in the first half of the Browns game and it was Pryor's 4th game playing wr and his qb was Cody Kessler.

Breeland got owned by Big Ben & Antonio Brown and by Dez Bryant in the first Cowboys game.

CBs are not going to be perfect all the time, they get beat sometimes. He needs to put it behind him, improve and move on. Norman said he and Fuller have the talent, they just need to stay in their technique longer. When they leave their technique too soon it opens an opportunity for the wide receiver to beat them. It's not ability, it's just staying consistent and trusting their technique.

Breeland got owned throughout the year. Stop acting like it was only 2 games.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
lavar703 wrote:

Norman got owned by Pryor in the first half of the Browns game and it was Pryor's 4th game playing wr and his qb was Cody Kessler.

Breeland got owned by Big Ben & Antonio Brown and by Dez Bryant in the first Cowboys game.

CBs are not going to be perfect all the time, they get beat sometimes. He needs to put it behind him, improve and move on. Norman said he and Fuller have the talent, they just need to stay in their technique longer. When they leave their technique too soon it opens an opportunity for the wide receiver to beat them. It's not ability, it's just staying consistent and trusting their technique.

Breeland got owned throughout the year. Stop acting like it was only 2 games.
He really didn't. He had an up and down year. You've pointed out one more game when he had a bad game and that was when they had him play the slot position for the first time all year and for the first time I ever remember. You say he played some slot as a rookie, and he may have but if he did it wasn't much and that was in 2014, two years ago.

We also need to realize that because our safeties were trash it made our corners look at lot worse than they were, especially in zone. Because our safeties have been trash in intermediate and deep coverage for nearly a decade it's put more pressure on all of our corners and we've had to play softer zone because our safeties just don't have the range and instincts to get the job done. I hope this finally gets better this year with the addition of Swearinger and hopefully at the least Cravens shows the instincts he showed as a dime Lb as a safety, if he does just that, he'll be a huge upgrade over all of the other bigger/strong safety types we've had for the last decade.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG

Last edited by turtle28 on Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:29 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
lavar703 wrote:

This. The 2017 draft is set up perfectly for us to draft a CB opposite Norman that we could have on a cheap rookie contract for 4 years and be his eventual replacement.

And Fuller's game has always been best suited to playing as a boundary CB. So even if we draft someone like Buddha Baker to be our nickel, we could groom Fuller this year for a move into the #2 CB role in 2018.
I'd be fine with drafting Budda Baker, Peppers, Kevin King or Quincy Wilson because they can play multiple positions like Jarrett did for us. Their value is really high because their first few years they can play slot and then whenever we move on from Swearinger we can move them to FS which, is what I had hoped we were going to do with Jarrett eventually.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: