Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Browns acquire 30th overall.... A Quarterback

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theironcitykid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:00 pm    Post subject: Browns acquire 30th overall.... A Quarterback Reply with quote

1) CLEVELAND - Leonard Fournette RB

You need something tangible. If you are a Steelers fan you should hate this pick.

2) TENNESSEE (via SF) - Myles Garrett DE

John Lynch looking at a six year contract likes the idea of adding more picks. Tennessee acquires 66th overall and 2nd overall for 5th overall and 18th overall

3) CHICAGO - Jonathan Allen DT

Pretty self-explanatory here. Bears need some teeth in that defense

4) JACKSONVILLE - Mitchell Trubisky QB

Coughlin entering the scene kind of changes everything. I don't think he will think Bortles is the answer but I think the problem is the offensive line and the kid from Alabama isn't a legitimate #1 NFL RB. If you plugged Bortles into Denver or Pittsburgh he's an immediate playoff QB. Funny how that works.

5) SAN FRANCISCO (via TEN through LA) - Malik Hooker S

The best safety in the class. Lynch takes a defensive playmaker

6) NEW YORK JETS - Corey Davis WR

The Jets are really a laughingstock. I wouldn't be surprised if the quadruple diped at the QB postiion. This guy gives one of their 4 QBs a #1 WR

7) LOS ANGELES CHARGERS - Solomon Thomas DE

Bosa and Thomas is a dynamic DE partnership. Thomas can kick inside as well. You just have to take good players.

8. CAROLINA - Dalvin Cook RB

Everyone kinda loves Cook and I think I'd take Fred Taylor over him all damn day. That's kinda what you think you're getting.

9) CINCINNATI - Mike Williams WR

Sanu really flipped their fortunes. AJ Green and Mike Williams. FML

10) JACKSONVILLE (via BUF) - Marlon Humphrey CB

Three team trade. Buffalo acquires 25th overall and 57th overall from Houston. Houston acquires Blake Bortles. Jacksonville acquires this pick.

11) NEW ORLEANS - Jamal Adams LSU

Feel like you have to give New Orleans a player from LSU. Luckily for them, it's not Tre'davious

12) CLEVELAND - OJ Howard TE

And they're on their way...

13) ARIZONA - Patrick Mahomes QB

Wish this pick was acquired by Pittsburgh for that Guy Whimper Ben Roethlisberger

14) INDIANAPOLIS - John Ross WR

Feel like every would say offensive line but John Ross on that turf might bring back the days of Marvin

15) PHILADELPHIA - Garrett Bolles G/T

Beef up that OL for Wentz when Indy takes your guy

16) BALTIMORE - Christian McCaffrey RB

They signed Danny Woodhead but this is a long-term running back replacement that compliments Kenny Dixon well

17) WASHINGTON - Reuben Foster LB

HOF

18. SAN FRANCISCO (via TEN) - David Njoku TE

Massive rebuild here. Get a good player here in Njoku

19) TAMPA BAY - Jabrill Peppers DEFENSE

Probably fits anywhere in that defense

20) DENVER - Forrest Lamp G

Elway doesn't go sexy for the first time in a long while. He sees the success of Dallas and wants to follow suit.

21) DETROIT - Taco Charlton DE

Personally, this team sucks

22) MIAMI - Haason Reddick LB

Miami should have a good defense this year now they are getting linebackers. Wake is getting up there in years

23) NEW YORK GIANTS - Zach Cunningham LB

New York generally focuses on pass rush and got their CB last year so they scoop up a LB

24) OAKLAND - Jarrad Davis LB

I really like this player. A guy Pittsburgh should consider

25) BUFFALO (via HOU) - Marshon Lattimore CB

Replaces Gilmore

26) SEATTLE - Obi Melifonwu S

Feel like they really like tall, rangy players and this guy can play deep and one of Earl or Chancellor can play down low in the box in the nickel

27) KANSAS CITY - Adoree Jackson CB

Pair him up with the guy from Washington and they have themselves a dynamic CB partnership

28. DALLAS - Malik McDowell DT

For some reason I feel like this guy will be taken by Dallas. Really good player. Requires a double team. Had they not signed Alualu I'd like him at 30

29) GREEN BAY - Budda Baker S

Draft pretty much like Pittsburgh. If the Steelers pick at 30 this is who I want. Troy-like. Highly instinctive and has a nose for the ball

30) CLEVELAND (via PIT) - DeShaun Watson QB

Pittsburgh acquires #52, #65, #108 for #30

31) ATLANTA - Gareon Conley CB

Might need some CB help after that Brady torching

32) NEW ORLEANS (via NE) - Kevin King CB

Need some defensive help. Much better to get your LSU player at #11 and a lengthy CB in King here.

PITTSBURGH MOCK DRAFT

As I said last year, this team needs pass rush before they went CB crazy. Not as crazy as Golson bringing guns on a plane. I can see snakes on a plane but guns is a bit extreme.

52) Evan Engram TE OLE MISS

This is for the cry baby. Tall, athletic, dynamic in the mold of Jordan Reed

62) DeMarcus Walker OLB FLORIDA STATE

Highly productive career at Florida State. Close to leading the league, or led the league, in sacks this year with a good rip move. For some reason, out of the Florida schools I like Florida State guys the best and so do the Steelers. Strong and athletic like most Florida State guys. Don't know how he falls this far but looking around the guy is getting no love. They raved about his pro day and I thought that would shoot him up into the first round. This is a first round grade on this guy.

65) Tanoh Kpassagnon DE VILLANOVA

He reminds me of Jevon Kearse. The freak. Great burst, good bend to get the edge, and has extremely good hands. Built like the freak. Had he gone to Texas A&M he would be the first pick

95) Sidney Jones CB WASHINGTON

Proabably a top 20 pick before the injury. I like him more than Kevin King who gets the combine hype and this guy gets the injury tax and falls in the draft. Great value here.

105) Chad Hansen WR CAL

When I watched CAL this guy jumped off the screen. He reminds me of Jordy Nelson with his ability to high point the ball and height-weight-speed.

108) Derek Rivers OLB YOUNGSTOWN STATE

I think Tanoh is more like a 4-3 DE where you have him in a sprinter stance and he pushes off. Walker can play on his feet or hand in the ground. This guy plays on his feet and has really good measurables and when I watched him I dunno I just looked at him and everyone else and knew this guy was an NFL player. Developmental project 1-2 years.

135) Tarik Cohen RB NORTH CAROLINA A&T

The human joystick. Probably has something like 99 agility and 94 acceleration. The most exciting player in the draft and a perfect compliment for Bell. Whereas you miss with Dri Archer you hit a home run with the human joystick.

173) Kendall Beckwith LB LSU

Injury derailed his season. I had him as a 2nd or 3rd round pick before this season. Great value pick here. If he comes back, he's Lawrence Timmons. Great side to side agility and is your prototypical buck ILB

213) Josh Dobbs QB TENNESSEE

Developmental project at QB

248) James Conner RB PITT

Probably doesn't make it here. This spot is more in line with your red flag player. I don't see any red flags here[/b]
MDSteeler1971

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry but why didn't you take pick 33 from the Browns? You can get all 3 of their 2nd round picks for 30!
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theironcitykid wrote:
This is for the cry baby.

I'm going to go ahead and assume this is towards another poster.

Stop while you're ahead. We're not doing this. Post like adults. No exceptions.
waffles7

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:
theironcitykid wrote:

Actually I think he meant it towards Big Ben, given Aditi K's "reports" that Ben has been lobbying for a TE. I don't feel it was directed towards another poster.

I will say though, I don't appreciate you calling Benny a cry baby IronCityKid Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MDSteeler1971 wrote:
Sorry but why didn't you take pick 33 from the Browns? You can get all 3 of their 2nd round picks for 30!

No you can't. No one is giving up two extra second rounders to move from 33 to 30

Tbh you probably get 33 and a 4th round pick, or the two later second rounders but without 33

Fify.
skywlker32

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't even know why I'm asking because there is a lot that doesn't make sense here, but why should a Steelers fan hate the Browns taking a RB first overall?

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig.
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

waffles7 wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:
theironcitykid wrote:

Actually I think he meant it towards Big Ben, given Aditi K's "reports" that Ben has been lobbying for a TE. I don't feel it was directed towards another poster.

I will say though, I don't appreciate you calling Benny a cry baby IronCityKid Laughing

Ah. Fair enough. My apologies then. Given how some people like to take subtle shots at each other, I was convinced otherwise.

My apologies theironcitykid. Carry on.
Counselor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Browns aren't trading with you.

48 1/2ers wrote:
Ostriches have inverted knees and they're pretty athletic...

GIF of Ostrich Running Here...

The Wheat Grass Shooting Hippies made me get rid of it...
MDSteeler1971

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
MDSteeler1971 wrote:

No you can't. No one is giving up two extra second rounders to move from 33 to 30

Tbh you probably get 33 and a 4th round pick, or the two later second rounders but without 33

Yes you can! It's the Browns! And it actually goes thru value wise First-pick.com
paul-mac

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MDSteeler1971 wrote:
paul-mac wrote:
MDSteeler1971 wrote:

Yes you can! It's the Browns! And it actually goes thru value wise First-pick.com

The trade value chart rates the trade up from 33 to 30 as a 5th round pick so there is absolutely NO CHANCE you could get 33, 52 and 65 for 30. That would be a ridiculous trade.

Fify.
MDSteeler1971

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
MDSteeler1971 wrote:
paul-mac wrote:
MDSteeler1971 wrote:

The trade value chart rates the trade up from 33 to 30 as a 5th round pick so there is absolutely NO CHANCE you could get 33, 52 and 65 for 30. That would be a ridiculous trade.

Bruh, it's the Browns! Anything is possible!
paul-mac

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MDSteeler1971 wrote:
paul-mac wrote:
MDSteeler1971 wrote:
paul-mac wrote:
MDSteeler1971 wrote:

Bruh, it's the Browns! Anything is possible!

It's not happening.

Fify.
almondjr

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject: I actually love this mock !!! Reply with quote

theironcitykid wrote:
1) CLEVELAND - Leonard Fournette RB

You need something tangible. If you are a Steelers fan you should hate this pick.

2) TENNESSEE (via SF) - Myles Garrett DE

John Lynch looking at a six year contract likes the idea of adding more picks. Tennessee acquires 66th overall and 2nd overall for 5th overall and 18th overall

3) CHICAGO - Jonathan Allen DT

Pretty self-explanatory here. Bears need some teeth in that defense

4) JACKSONVILLE - Mitchell Trubisky QB

Coughlin entering the scene kind of changes everything. I don't think he will think Bortles is the answer but I think the problem is the offensive line and the kid from Alabama isn't a legitimate #1 NFL RB. If you plugged Bortles into Denver or Pittsburgh he's an immediate playoff QB. Funny how that works.

5) SAN FRANCISCO (via TEN through LA) - Malik Hooker S

The best safety in the class. Lynch takes a defensive playmaker

6) NEW YORK JETS - Corey Davis WR

The Jets are really a laughingstock. I wouldn't be surprised if the quadruple diped at the QB postiion. This guy gives one of their 4 QBs a #1 WR

7) LOS ANGELES CHARGERS - Solomon Thomas DE

Bosa and Thomas is a dynamic DE partnership. Thomas can kick inside as well. You just have to take good players.

8. CAROLINA - Dalvin Cook RB

Everyone kinda loves Cook and I think I'd take Fred Taylor over him all damn day. That's kinda what you think you're getting.

9) CINCINNATI - Mike Williams WR

Sanu really flipped their fortunes. AJ Green and Mike Williams. FML

10) JACKSONVILLE (via BUF) - Marlon Humphrey CB

Three team trade. Buffalo acquires 25th overall and 57th overall from Houston. Houston acquires Blake Bortles. Jacksonville acquires this pick.

11) NEW ORLEANS - Jamal Adams LSU

Feel like you have to give New Orleans a player from LSU. Luckily for them, it's not Tre'davious

12) CLEVELAND - OJ Howard TE

And they're on their way...

13) ARIZONA - Patrick Mahomes QB

Wish this pick was acquired by Pittsburgh for that Guy Whimper Ben Roethlisberger

14) INDIANAPOLIS - John Ross WR

Feel like every would say offensive line but John Ross on that turf might bring back the days of Marvin

15) PHILADELPHIA - Garrett Bolles G/T

Beef up that OL for Wentz when Indy takes your guy

16) BALTIMORE - Christian McCaffrey RB

They signed Danny Woodhead but this is a long-term running back replacement that compliments Kenny Dixon well

17) WASHINGTON - Reuben Foster LB

HOF

18. SAN FRANCISCO (via TEN) - David Njoku TE

Massive rebuild here. Get a good player here in Njoku

19) TAMPA BAY - Jabrill Peppers DEFENSE

Probably fits anywhere in that defense

20) DENVER - Forrest Lamp G

Elway doesn't go sexy for the first time in a long while. He sees the success of Dallas and wants to follow suit.

21) DETROIT - Taco Charlton DE

Personally, this team sucks

22) MIAMI - Haason Reddick LB

Miami should have a good defense this year now they are getting linebackers. Wake is getting up there in years

23) NEW YORK GIANTS - Zach Cunningham LB

New York generally focuses on pass rush and got their CB last year so they scoop up a LB

24) OAKLAND - Jarrad Davis LB

I really like this player. A guy Pittsburgh should consider

25) BUFFALO (via HOU) - Marshon Lattimore CB

Replaces Gilmore

26) SEATTLE - Obi Melifonwu S

Feel like they really like tall, rangy players and this guy can play deep and one of Earl or Chancellor can play down low in the box in the nickel

27) KANSAS CITY - Adoree Jackson CB

Pair him up with the guy from Washington and they have themselves a dynamic CB partnership

28. DALLAS - Malik McDowell DT

For some reason I feel like this guy will be taken by Dallas. Really good player. Requires a double team. Had they not signed Alualu I'd like him at 30

29) GREEN BAY - Budda Baker S

Draft pretty much like Pittsburgh. If the Steelers pick at 30 this is who I want. Troy-like. Highly instinctive and has a nose for the ball

30) CLEVELAND (via PIT) - DeShaun Watson QB

Pittsburgh acquires #52, #65, #108 for #30

31) ATLANTA - Gareon Conley CB

Might need some CB help after that Brady torching

32) NEW ORLEANS (via NE) - Kevin King CB

Need some defensive help. Much better to get your LSU player at #11 and a lengthy CB in King here.

PITTSBURGH MOCK DRAFT

As I said last year, this team needs pass rush before they went CB crazy. Not as crazy as Golson bringing guns on a plane. I can see snakes on a plane but guns is a bit extreme.

52) Evan Engram TE OLE MISS

This is for the cry baby. Tall, athletic, dynamic in the mold of Jordan Reed

62) DeMarcus Walker OLB FLORIDA STATE

Highly productive career at Florida State. Close to leading the league, or led the league, in sacks this year with a good rip move. For some reason, out of the Florida schools I like Florida State guys the best and so do the Steelers. Strong and athletic like most Florida State guys. Don't know how he falls this far but looking around the guy is getting no love. They raved about his pro day and I thought that would shoot him up into the first round. This is a first round grade on this guy.

65) Tanoh Kpassagnon DE VILLANOVA

He reminds me of Jevon Kearse. The freak. Great burst, good bend to get the edge, and has extremely good hands. Built like the freak. Had he gone to Texas A&M he would be the first pick

95) Sidney Jones CB WASHINGTON

Proabably a top 20 pick before the injury. I like him more than Kevin King who gets the combine hype and this guy gets the injury tax and falls in the draft. Great value here.

105) Chad Hansen WR CAL

When I watched CAL this guy jumped off the screen. He reminds me of Jordy Nelson with his ability to high point the ball and height-weight-speed.

108) Derek Rivers OLB YOUNGSTOWN STATE

I think Tanoh is more like a 4-3 DE where you have him in a sprinter stance and he pushes off. Walker can play on his feet or hand in the ground. This guy plays on his feet and has really good measurables and when I watched him I dunno I just looked at him and everyone else and knew this guy was an NFL player. Developmental project 1-2 years.

135) Tarik Cohen RB NORTH CAROLINA A&T

The human joystick. Probably has something like 99 agility and 94 acceleration. The most exciting player in the draft and a perfect compliment for Bell. Whereas you miss with Dri Archer you hit a home run with the human joystick.

173) Kendall Beckwith LB LSU

Injury derailed his season. I had him as a 2nd or 3rd round pick before this season. Great value pick here. If he comes back, he's Lawrence Timmons. Great side to side agility and is your prototypical buck ILB

213) Josh Dobbs QB TENNESSEE

Developmental project at QB

248) James Conner RB PITT

Probably doesn't make it here. This spot is more in line with your red flag player. I don't see any red flags here[/b]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: