Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Stand on the Table/Flip the Table

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Poloc2289


Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 4829
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject: Stand on the Table/Flip the Table Reply with quote



You're on the clock. Everyone is available. Who are you going to take? You may consider need if you'd like, or just share with us a guy you know will be a stud regardless of the Eagles need.

You can certainly still keep your green Eagles shades on, but I want to know what YOU think. Convince us this guy is awesome. Or perhaps you want to convince us that this guy is absolute buttcheeks and will amount to nothing.

This thread is dedicated to championing your guy and convincing us all he's a stud. Or posting about how someone is going to hilariously flop. This is not a write a paragraph and prove your point-type thread however.
I want you to use video evidence, scouting reports, measurements, comparisons etc. Really put the work in.

Before the draft I will setup a poll and most convincing argument shall win. Or whoever votes what, I don't know for sure.

For those unsure, to post a picture or gif simply copy the link onto your message, highlight it, and click the button above that says "Img"

Below is an example based on a guy I will be "standing on the table for":

_________________
PowerElite wrote:
Please stop responding to my posts. You are a consistently terrible poster and aren't worth my time to thoroughly refute your drivel.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Poloc2289


Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 4829
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WR Evan Engram 6'3, 234lbs. out of Ole Miss



That's a 6'3 230lb. man going up against a 200lb. safety that should by definition be the quicker one. However, you can clearly see the separation Engram got on a simple corner route. Although his route running was not deep (not Baylor shallow though), he exhibited a propensity to sell his routes and get decent separation.



There he was matched up with a linebacker, took a step like he was going to block, then simply blew by him for the TD.

Let's first take a look at Engram as an athlete. Engram dominated the Combine, running slower than only 4 other participants. And he did so as a 6'3 230lb. TE. Take a look at how his numbers stack up against Larry Fitzgerald coming out: Engram = https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/evan-engram?position=ATH
Fitz = https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/larry-fitzgerald?position=ATH

But being an athlete ain't everything. Then we'd be talking about Vernon Gholston and Matt Jones as Hall of Famers. No, Engram showed up in pass catching drills as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTF6EZXnpbU



So let's take a look at his biggest knocks:

1. He'll drop the occasional ball.

PFF has him as a 10% drop rate. Not great although not damning. If you take a look, you notice there seems to be a mix of poor quarterback play involved and lack of concentration. I'll start with the most egregious one: https://youtu.be/yaZ_OmDpAGE?t=567
Simply put, he should of had it. Frustrating drop that eliminated the chance of a TD. You could tell he threw his head up immediately and took his eyes off the ball, likely because of how wide open he was. Also the adjustment of bending down for the ball did not help.
https://youtu.be/ZzFvSjBwbgc?t=178
Hit him in the hands and led to a interception. However, it was right out of his break and led him the wrong way. You can see his upper body lunging awkwardly to adjust. Still his fault but certainly a poor pass.

In terms of his hands, I know he has the talent as he exhibited Beckham-like hands ( https://twitter.com/EvanEngram/status/569276315834191872 ). However he needs to shore up his concentration.



2. He's a tweener with insufficient blocking skills.

I hate the "tweener" weakness. It hardly ever holds up and is more often than not a straw grasping argument. Aaron Donald was a tweener. Soloman Thomas, whom I love, is a tweener. It's garbage. Engram has the size of a TE and the athleticism of a WR. Put him in the slot or use him as a motion TE. He will struggle with in-line blocking but in my observation his issues are mostly technical. I'll take that over an effort issue. Take for example this block he whiffed on:



Going across the line is a tough assignment because you don't have much time in that area to break down and set for the block. Engram did not and appeared to lower his head and just whiff. I think this is a stupid play design as that's a difficult block to expect Engram to make. I believe if you work with him on technique, Engram can develop into an adequate blocker.

Finally let's look at him as a person. I love that as a junior he was considering entering the draft but decided to go back for his senior season. That tells me this guy is serious about development and bettering himself as a player. And with Ole Miss' mess at QB, I certainly think he took a risk in doing so. I also love every interview and soundbite I get from him as he strikes me as a team-first, wanna be the best young man
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buaC5jlUFiA

I'll leave you with my Pro Comparison: A more explosive Marques Colston

Look at their testing numbers.


Now look at the tape. Engram is clearly more explosive than Colston but can provide that big body to make tough catches. I see him as a reliable pass catcher with big play threat. That's most definitely worth a 1st round pick.

_________________
PowerElite wrote:
Please stop responding to my posts. You are a consistently terrible poster and aren't worth my time to thoroughly refute your drivel.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EaglesPeteC


Joined: 05 Feb 2008
Posts: 6204
Location: Raleigh, NC
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not really good for the table.....
_________________

BIRD WATCH: "WR" Nelson Agholor //36 REC//365 YARDS//2 TDS//2 stone hands//1 crippling boneheaded pentaly//1 deactivation//1 tremendous waste of a pick
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EagleDeegle


Joined: 12 Nov 2007
Posts: 1910
Location: Balmer, Merlin
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blair Brown. WLB from Ohio

https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft-pff-scouting-report-blair-brown-lb-ohio/

1st team all PFF.

Probably just a 2 down LB, but I don't care. Dude works sooooo well through trash and has some of the best instincts of any LB in this draft. Special teams stud from day 1, as well as a great run defender. He'll be great value in the 4th.
_________________
Bird Watch: Jordan Hicks //Tackles: 85//Sacks: 1//INT: 5//PD: 11
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheRealMcCoy


Joined: 12 Aug 2011
Posts: 15498
Location: Inland Empire
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EagleDeegle wrote:
Blair Brown. WLB from Ohio

https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft-pff-scouting-report-blair-brown-lb-ohio/

1st team all PFF.

Probably just a 2 down LB, but I don't care. Dude works sooooo well through trash and has some of the best instincts of any LB in this draft. Special teams stud from day 1, as well as a great run defender. He'll be great value in the 4th.

Haven't watched a lot of him, but liked what I saw when I did and agree with your assessment. He can probably back-up multiple LB spots, even if he doesn't start which is valuable.

Also, we went to 2 LBs (Bradham & Hicks) for the majority of the snaps anyways. The WLB was off the field when we were in nickel, so I don't think him not being the best cover LB would be that big of a deal.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EagleDeegle


Joined: 12 Nov 2007
Posts: 1910
Location: Balmer, Merlin
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh... Also, Blair Brown is the #1 rated SPARQ LB.
_________________
Bird Watch: Jordan Hicks //Tackles: 85//Sacks: 1//INT: 5//PD: 11
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ninjapirate


Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Posts: 42659
Location: Vegas
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wait anyone in the whole draft?


Myles Garret DE Texas A&M


He's easily the best player in the draft and if you dont know that why are you here?

I win.
_________________
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Anna Kendricks are always nice.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EagleDeegle


Joined: 12 Nov 2007
Posts: 1910
Location: Balmer, Merlin
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
wait anyone in the whole draft?


Myles Garret DE Texas A&M


He's easily the best player in the draft and if you dont know that why are you here?

I win.


BatCountry said there'd be candy and lured me into his van.
_________________
Bird Watch: Jordan Hicks //Tackles: 85//Sacks: 1//INT: 5//PD: 11
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ninjapirate


Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Posts: 42659
Location: Vegas
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EagleDeegle wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
wait anyone in the whole draft?


Myles Garret DE Texas A&M


He's easily the best player in the draft and if you dont know that why are you here?

I win.


BatCountry said there'd be candy and lured me into his van.



Sounds like a solid afternoon.
_________________
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Anna Kendricks are always nice.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EaglesPeteC


Joined: 05 Feb 2008
Posts: 6204
Location: Raleigh, NC
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
wait anyone in the whole draft?


Myles Garret DE Texas A&M


He's easily the best player in the draft and if you dont know that why are you here?

I win.


I was told there would be punch and pie.......
_________________

BIRD WATCH: "WR" Nelson Agholor //36 REC//365 YARDS//2 TDS//2 stone hands//1 crippling boneheaded pentaly//1 deactivation//1 tremendous waste of a pick
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group