Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tyler735 Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:
My name is Tyler too, by the way. Cool

Same.

Not really, but it's really close so I'm counting it. Laughing
Tylerooski? Is it Tylerooski?

Damn how did you know?

Saints
Astros
Pelicans

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:

Same.

Damn how did you know?
I knew I'd find one someday.
tyler735

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see there are other Tyler's...Or Tylerooski's around these parts Laughing
Mid Iowa

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:

Same.

Damn how did you know?
I knew I'd find one someday.
My God, the Universe has lost all control............
R.I.P. Will Smith #91
July 4 1981 - April 9 2016 ~a Saint 2004 - 2012 ~a Champion forever.
Mid Iowa

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also love this "draft". If it went just like you posted, I wouldn't complain a bit.
R.I.P. Will Smith #91
July 4 1981 - April 9 2016 ~a Saint 2004 - 2012 ~a Champion forever.
unfsaint

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want McCaffrey at 11...primarily because I'm not interested in a head injury/head case like Foster, a lumbering "potential" player like Charlton, and every CB not named Lattimore. You really don't have many other realistic options within that cloud besides McCaffrey, Howard, and Barnett.

It's hard to not be impressed with the cloud of pass rushers expected to fall in the late 1st...Watt, McKinley, Ellis, Bowser, Harris, Reddick, Charlton, etc. Sure...some may good before...but definitely not all.

You also have to love the depth at CB as well. It would be foolish to reach for a player at pass rusher or CB, knowing the depth of this draft. I wouldn't be shocked to see the Saints go QB, TE, or OT in round 1. No need to panic. I'd be shocked if the Saints didn't get a TE, RB, pass rusher, and CB from this draft...there will be starters littered throughout the draft at those positions.

Hau'oli Kikaha- 50 tackles, 4 sacks, 0 INT, 4 FF, 1 FR, 2 PD

Willie Snead- 69 reception, 984 yards, 3 TDs
tyler735

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe we will end up with a few of these guys in my mock draft. It appears the Saints have discussed/had visits with McCaffrey, McKinley, and Watt the past week

https://www.google.com/amp/s/whodatdish.com/2017/04/10/new-orleans-saints-payton-mccaffrey/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.nola.com/v1/articles/20474286/saints_host_uclas_takkarist_mc.amp

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.nola.com/v1/articles/20479002/saints_tj_watt_workout.amp
JMG5

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I think McCaffery would be great in our offense, I would rather us go defense. I would be okay with Foster, Barnett, or Reddick at #11.

Barnett > Foster > Reddick

I think any of those three could help our defense, but I think pass rusher is our biggest need which is why I favor Barnett over both LBs.
tyler735

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are several directions we can go to improve this team in the draft. I'm a bit torn on McCaffrey vs. Derek Barnett if they are both there at 11. I think both of them make would make big impacts for us, so really I'd be happy with either. I'm a bit skeptical on Foster. Is he going to be a headcase? Definitely have some concerns with him not to say he won't be a good player he definitely flashes talent on film. That said we just signed Klein, Teo, and still have Anthony. All of them are still young and have potential still. I'd like to see if one of them steps up this year.
JMG5

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:
There are several directions we can go to improve this team in the draft. I'm a bit torn on McCaffrey vs. Derek Barnett if they are both there at 11. I think both of them make would make big impacts for us, so really I'd be happy with either. I'm a bit skeptical on Foster. Is he going to be a headcase? Definitely have some concerns with him not to say he won't be a good player he definitely flashes talent on film. That said we just signed Klein, Teo, and still have Anthony. All of them are still young and have potential still. I'd like to see if one of them steps up this year.

I hope Anthony can be saved. He showed so much promise his rookie season, but I don't think he is our answer at MLB.

As for the #11 pick.. my only wish is that we don't reach for a CB when we can get a very good one at #32 or in the second round. I'm somehow hoping that Wilson or White are available at #32. If we can go DE/LB (Maybe McCaffery) with #11 and then get a solid CB at #32 I'll be satisfied.

I just want solid contributors that can help us get better. Smile
tyler735

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. Had very good production his rookie season. Hopefully it's just a case of being in the coaches doghouse/sophomore slump and he rebounds this year. It sucks we could have had guys like Eric Kendricks, Benardrick McKinney, or Denzel Perryman who all seem to be very good MLB's so far in there career, but we opted to go for Anthony instead. Regardless, I suppose he has shown that he can be productive, and obviously has very good athleticism for the position, so it certainly is possible he bounces back. Otherwise I do think either Klein/Teo could be at the very least quality starters.

I'm right there with you. I'm all for guys that can step right in and be contributors for us. As for CB unless Marshon Lattimore somehow falls to us at 11, which is highly unlikely, I also hope we either find a reasonable trade for Butler, or wait until one of our picks after 11 to see which CB's fall to us.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: