You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kuhn is a filthy thief mock

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Kuhn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject: Kuhn is a filthy thief mock Reply with quote

Just getting back into the swing of things and was in inspired by a certain TT Tendency page on a certain website by a certain poster.

So I'm essentially repurposing all his hard work into a sub-par mock. Hopefully I don't offend with my transgression.

Onto the mock - in which I will attempt to shed light onto why I picked the players where I picked them as much as I poorly attempt to explain who they are themselves. Everyone knows it's tiresome seeing the same names reappear - especially when the write-ups that accompany them are essentially copy and pasted from a different source without any actual effort into creating anything orig..... Anxious

Round 1

Tyus Bowser LB
6'3" 247

The closer we get to the draft the more I'm convinced TT is going for an EDGE prospect. They are harder to acquire, the need is greater, and this DB corps is deep enough to wait and see. Bowser fits the mold of a Packer prospect.

Bowser would most likely play that 'Matthews' role where he can move around the defense. He's a late addition to the spot but is flexible, athletic, and explosive enough to play any LB position in any sub package. Needs to develop pass rush repertoire but Bowser has enough natural ability to see the field in rush packages early.

Round 2

Best Available DB

Part of the benefit of having a close group (top heavy?) CB class and not an EXPLICIT need is that you can sit back and wait till one falls to you. 12 DBs went before the 61st pick of the 2016 NFL draft.
Assuming: Jamal Adams, Lattimore, Humphrey and Hooker are certainly gone by the end of the first.
Assuming: Conley and Peppers are certainly gone by our second rounder.
One or several of Melifonwu, Baker, White, King, Awuzie, Tabor, Wilson, Jackson, Tankersley, Moreau, or Jones(inj?) will fall to us. Pick your favorite future Packer out of the bunch. I call Awuzie.

In this way we are able to take advantage of the way the board is falling and this particular draft is set up. While the third group don't play alike, they are grouped closely on the board. So what's the point wasting solid value on an CB in the first round when our second round pick will likely be of similar if not equal quality anyway? Newsflash: Our starters are already set with House, Randall, and Rollins and we go three deep at S with HHCD, Burnett, and Brice. This rook ideally sees the field in case of sub packages only and gains experience. We don't need to double dip at DB. I mean, I won't be upset if we do... we just don't need to. Jah feel?

Round 3

Zay Jones WR
6'2" 201

Cobb and Nelson's contracts expire in 2018. Nelson will be 33 by then. Adams' expires after the 2017 season. Ty Montgomery is a RB. Who knows what Allison is. (well..a WR but you know what I mean). Ted likes drafting WRs in the early rounds. This means Teddy is going WR early or often this year. This seems obvious. Enter Jones.

Zay is the benefit of a system that loves passing but he's a great prospect in his own right. He has NFL bloodlines. He's the NCAA record holder in receptions. He can return kicks. He has great hands and great concentration.
Sign me up.

Round 4

Daeshon Hall EDGE
6'5" 266

Losing Jones and Peppers in FA leaves two massive holes at EDGE for us that Elliot isn't filling. I loved the 'double dip' thread earlier and if theres any one position that needs some love its EDGE. Hell I'd be in favor of 3 prospects knowing how much we like to rotate.

Hall isn't Myles Garrett but heres what he is: more likely to slip to this point. Thats it. Just kidding. But seriously. Hall used to play backer which he has going for him since he's likely to play the same spot in this defense. Think Datone Jones in term of position. He'll sit on the line or drop back. Like I said, he isn't Garrett. But he is disruptive, he can bend, and he is definitely worth the investment in rounds 3-4. Hustle guy. Switch him and Jones around if it makes you feel better.

Round 5

Big Nico Siragusa OL
6'4" 319

First big boy. You guys know the need this pick is self explanatory. Nico has a great guards body and projects to that position at the NFL level. This is probably a bit a drop for him but the mid rounds are all about value right? Apparently Siragusa came from a power run program in college but impressed in his agility at the senior bowl. Good enough for me. (thanks for putting in the time so we didn't have to Justo)
*shrugs sheepishly*

Round 5 comp

Joe Mixon RB
6'1 226

Ok pipe dream I know. If you're really bothered put in Brian Hill out of Wyoming.

Everyone knows about the off field incident. Everyone knows the pre-draft visit was probably to get a bead on Mixon in case he doesn't get drafted. But at some point the value is just too much to pass up. I don't adhere to his philosophy with the female gender, nor do I subscribe to it. But I like my football players to play football. This guy can play football.

Round 6

Chase Roller OL
6'4" 312

This guy reminds me of Joe Thomas in that he's a large man who plays on offensive line. In all honestly tho Roullier is a big dude who can play everywhere. My guy likes him so hey, I like him too. It' a 6th round offensive lineman what else do you guys want me to write here?

Round 7

Issac Rochell DL
6'4" 280

With the RJF and (near) Ego signings TT clearly is putting weight into the DL this offseason... heh. U guys see...nvm. What it probably says is that the Packers probably don't like this draft class. What it also says is that they aren't comfortable with their situation on the line with Guion out. With Clark, RFJ, and Guion able to split time at 'nose' I'm not too concerned about that spot. The 'DE position' is a little cloudier. We have Daniels, Lowry, and... can Trgovac still play? Rochell can compete with Price/Ringo for that last(?) spot on the Dline.

Final 53ish-

(25ish)
QB- Rodgers, Hundley
RB/FB- Monty, Mixon, Rip, Michael/Jackson/UDFA
WR- Nelson, Adams, Cobb, Allison, Jones, Janis/Davis/UDFA
TE- Sir Bennett, Kendricks, Rodgers
OL- Bak, Bulaga, Linsley, Taylor, Spriggs, Barclay, Murphy, Siragusa, Roullier/UDFA, UDFA

DL- Daniels, Clark, Lowry, RJF, Ringo/Price/Rochell/UDFA Guion*
LB- Matthews, Perry, Ryan, Martinez, Thomas, Fackrell, Bowser, Elliot, Hall, Tripp/UDFA
CB- House, Randall, Rollins, Awuzie, Gunter/Hawkins/UDFA/UDFA
S- HHCD, Burnett, Bryce, Evans/UDFA
(50ish*)

ST-Crosby, Schum, Goode (53ish)
The Kuhn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Comments and criticism are welcome. Constructive or otherwise. Thanks guys hope you enjoyed or at least pretended to for my fragile ego.
blankman0021

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bowser has been my favorite EDGE for the last month. I'd be ecstatic. Although currently i'm really hoping on a way to get Conley/King and Bowser. Pipe dream there.

A few other thoughts...
-Mixon won't fall that far. If he does, he'll be undrafted. It'll come down to his interview, and honestly I'm expecting him to clear that.
-I like King and Awuzie, but the rest I'm not sold on. Jones was my favorite, but not many come back from that injury and are the same player. Jones and Moreau are both off my board until much later. (5th or later)
vegas492

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Bowser, but in this draft, he's not a first rounder. He's still a project and I think GB can get a player who isn't a project with that pick.

I despise Mixon as a person. I don't want him near the team.

I get the other picks, and they are fine.

My ideal scenario is also King or Conley at pick number one then give me and edge guy like Bowser/Rivers/Lawson/Williams in round 2. Even if they have to trade up.
From my perspective, and I don't know if Brett would say this [publicly] -- I know he's shared with me -- we would not be nearly as appreciative of everything that the Packers are had we not seen it from the other side," ---Ryan Longwell 2016
SE500

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be shocked if Bowser went in the 1st Round. Major reach. I like Jordan Willis of K-State better. In the 2nd Round that is, although both likely gone before our 2nd Round pick.

I don't believe Zay Jones will be there for our 3rd Rounder. Luxury pick that early regardless.

I like Nico, although at this point a liability as a pass blocker. I think he will go in this area or a bit sooner. For my taste we take an interior O-lineman sooner, and also maybe here.

No way is Mixon here for our comp pick. I would take him Round 4 in a heartbeat. I believe he goes late on day two.
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vegas492 wrote:
I like Bowser, but in this draft, he's not a first rounder. He's still a project and I think GB can get a player who isn't a project with that pick.

Bowser is a raw one year wonder who's afraid of the run. NO...

That said, I'm getting a sneaky suspicion that Mixon will go to us at 29, if not sooner. Zay Jones will be a bit overdrafted based on production, but will become a WR2 at best. He can't get separation and was a WR1 in a pass-happy offense.

I'm starting to think we trade down simply because we're looking at Mixon and Watt in the 1st and really not too many others. I think Watt goes to Dallas as a 4-3 DE and Mixon winds up going to Oakland.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: