You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens 2017 Roster Tracker
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 51, 52, 53  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bmorecareful

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we manage to bring bacc webb and draft a cb in the top 78 picks this will be the first time that we should have a secondary full of players that actually deserve to be on the field lol...
sp6488

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KiddKillah wrote:
Love it.

He's our top reserve for all secondary positions. Not bad. Now add a CB with one of these picks in the top 75. Secondary much improved!

I really do like Webb back at a lower rate in a utility role (i.e. #3 S and #4 CB, or something similar).
coordinator0

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
KiddKillah wrote:
Love it.

He's our top reserve for all secondary positions. Not bad. Now add a CB with one of these picks in the top 75. Secondary much improved!

I really do like Webb back at a lower rate in a utility role (i.e. #3 S and #4 CB, or something similar).

I like the idea of him being the insurance at safety. If Weddle or Jefferson are out then Webb comes in as the free safety with the healthy player of the other two manning strong safety. Lardarius might be a decent emergency option in the slot but I wouldn't want to see him out there unnecessarily. If one of Smith, Carr, or Young go down then the hopefully top 78 cornerback pick could step in or even Canady.

I am liking the looks of the depth in the secondary though. Weddle, Jefferson, Webb, Levine, Smith, Carr, Young, and Canady is a legitimate top eight. Add in a quality draft pick and maybe another one later on and/or an undrafted free agent and you have a full group.

Now to get that oomph in the pass-rush...
DreamKid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to have Webb back, and happy that Tony gave him his due early and mentioned returning 21 to him should he return to the team. This is a great environment to bring young DBs into. Surrounded by veterans, young rising talent, and just great players.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Webb deal seems to be done for real. I'm so glad to have him back, as perhaps, his biggest supporter on this forum. Take a guy who was a pretty good starter last year, and now he's our 6th DB. That's the kind of depth we've been dying for in the secondary. When someone gets hurt he can fill in anywhere. Or we can keep him deep and pull some 3 safety looks with Jefferson at the LoS or man2man on a dangerous TE.

Great guy to root for and see retire a Raven.
bmorecareful

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very pleased with the way we have addressed the secondary.... We have 7 dbs that are locks... maybe 8 with Cannady... im Wondering how many we actually keep on the roster though... and we still have the draft... i doubt we keep more than 8 or 9.... but either way i like what we did in strengthening the secondary so far... Good Job #Ozzie and company
coordinator0

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmorecareful wrote:
I am very pleased with the way we have addressed the secondary.... We have 7 dbs that are locks... maybe 8 with Cannady... im Wondering how many we actually keep on the roster though... and we still have the draft... i doubt we keep more than 8 or 9.... but either way i like what we did in strengthening the secondary so far... Good Job #Ozzie and company

It's usually at least 10. I think 9, at the end of this past season, is the lowest I've seen the team carry at any one time the last few years and injuries played a large part in that. You have to keep in mind that more and more "core" special teams players are defensive backs these days, specifically safeties. And with Smith often injured the Ravens need at least one more depth spot for a cornerback who might actually have to see the defensive field. At least more so than other teams who have more durable top cornerbacks.

Glad that that the Webb deal is official. Depth in the secondary is a must and having somelike like Lardarius gives the defense some flexibility for different looks. Not that Pees is actually going to change anything, but hey at least the option/fantasy of doing so is nice.

Quote:
Jeff Zrebiec‏Verified account @jeffzrebiecsun 3h3 hours ago

Don't know breakdown yet on Webb's new deal. Max value over the three years is $10.5 million.

A max value of $10.5 million probably means it's more like 3 years for $9 million with around half of that guaranteed. Tremendous deal. Especially since the cap savings alone from cutting him earlier on was $5.5 million.
sp6488

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
bmorecareful wrote:

It's usually at least 10. I think 9, at the end of this past season, is the lowest I've seen the team carry at any one time the last few years and injuries played a large part in that. You have to keep in mind that more and more "core" special teams players are defensive backs these days, specifically safeties. And with Smith often injured the Ravens need at least one more depth spot for a cornerback who might actually have to see the defensive field. At least more so than other teams who have more durable top cornerbacks.

Glad that that the Webb deal is official. Depth in the secondary is a must and having somelike like Lardarius gives the defense some flexibility for different looks. Not that Pees is actually going to change anything, but hey at least the option/fantasy of doing so is nice.

Quote:
Jeff Zrebiec‏Verified account @jeffzrebiecsun 3h3 hours ago

Don't know breakdown yet on Webb's new deal. Max value over the three years is $10.5 million.

A max value of $10.5 million probably means it's more like 3 years for $9 million with around half of that guaranteed. Tremendous deal. Especially since the cap savings alone from cutting him earlier on was $5.5 million.

Agreed. I think 9 is about right considering the flexibility offered by Webb. It really depends on how the ST guys shake out (whether they want to take another safety or another LB, etc. Right now, I think the ideal roster looks something like this:

CB: Smith, Carr, Young, Draftee, Canady
CB/S: Webb
S: Weddle, Jefferson, Levine

Like I said, there could be another one there.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think at least 10 with the possibility of 11 or 12 is more likely. Webb's versatility isn't really the question, it's more about the sheer amount of quality bodies needed. Adding one more cornerback and safety with the intent of having them on the 53-man roster seems like a mere formality. That would bring the Ravens up to 10 defensive backs. And I would think an undrafted safety has a decent chance of making the roster. Maybe even an undrafted corner although anybody with any sliver of potential at that position actually gets drafted for the most part.

Speaking of the undrafted class, there's going to be ample opportunity for those guy to make the roster this year. Right now the Ravens only have 66 (I think) players under contract or tender. And with only 7 draft picks at this point, with the likelihood of that number being any more than 8 or 9 by the end of the draft small, there's still around 17 roster spots open to hit the 90-man mark. I like it. That might entice some of the better-quality undrafted free agents to sign with Baltimore since there is a real opportunity to compete. The Ravens also have a lot of needs so that helps too in this regard.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Aaron Wilson‏Verified account @AaronWilson_NFL 34m34 minutes ago

Lardarius Webb three-year, $10.5 million max value Ravens deal has base value of $6.3M: $1.2M signing bonus, salaries $900K, $2.15M, $2.05M

Even better than expected.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bills signed Shareece Wright today. Those poor souls...
Sessy

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if this has been talked about yet, but I wouldn't hold your breath on a Nick Mangold signing. He apparently despised Marty Mornhinweg (offered to drive him to the airport when he got fired to make sure he was leaving), and isn't fond of playing for him again. Also, not that I think this would matter too much, but his family are all diehard Browns fans who despise the Ravens.
DreamKid

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sessy wrote:
Don't know if this has been talked about yet, but I wouldn't hold your breath on a Nick Mangold signing. He apparently despised Marty Mornhinweg (offered to drive him to the airport when he got fired to make sure he was leaving), and isn't fond of playing for him again. Also, not that I think this would matter too much, but his family are all diehard Browns fans who despise the Ravens.

I remember all that being a weak attempt at April Fools nonsense.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
ProFootballTalk‏Verified account @ProFootballTalk 2m2 minutes ago

According to a DOD spokesman the policy change requiring two years of active duty does not apply retroactively to Ravens WR Keenan Reynolds.

Well that's good.
bmorecareful

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just hope next year in the draft we get Bo Scarborough and Courtland Sutton lol...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 40 of 53

Jump to: