You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

If Hassan Reddick and Zach Cunningham are there at 21...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justwantwins

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject: If Hassan Reddick and Zach Cunningham are there at 21... Reply with quote

If Hassan Reddick and Zach Cunningham are both on the board at 21 who do we pick?

Hassan is a freakish athlete and pass-rush experience but a bit of an unproven commodity at LB. Can he hold up in coverage?

Cunningham is instinctive and put up big tackling numbers despite the only guy on his defense that offensive coordinators had to worry about.

Who do we take? I may be in the minority here but I would take Cunningham because of his instincts, his proven ability to diagnose plays and the fact that he has had success without much help. I have read to couple of reviews on him and they mention that his tape could be used as a LB clinic. What does everyone else think?
mijags

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reddick without any hesitation. Id also take Watt over Cunningham at this point as well.

If Gareon Conley is there, I pick him over both.

Last edited by mijags on Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Calvin-Stafford

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reddick has athleticism that makes his ceiling much higher than Cunningham's. We badly need athletes in our front seven. Reddick, and it's not that close.
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take Reddick. Cunningham is not a bad consolation price though.
MrLionzz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reddick played mostly at DE as a stand-up rusher. His LBer skills are yet to be seen. As for Cunningham, well he is a pure LB with prototypical size and speed and coverage abilities. Reddick may have the higher ceiling but in the end, until potential is proven all ceilings are good for is holding up the floor above you. Focus on what they can do now not 4 years from now. You draft a guy for his first contract because most leave for their second one. I like Cunningham for his ability to come right in a be a better than average productive starter for us. His instincts are already proven and his learning curve is most likely ahead of Reddicks. Now saying all of that I do believe that Reddick is going to be great but with potential comes disappointment. I wouldn't mind Anderson out of Bama either if you are going for a LB with pass rush skills he can really get to the QB.
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrLionzz wrote:
Reddick played mostly at DE as a stand-up rusher. His LBer skills are yet to be seen. As for Cunningham, well he is a pure LB with prototypical size and speed and coverage abilities. Reddick may have the higher ceiling but in the end, until potential is proven all ceilings are good for is holding up the floor above you. Focus on what they can do now not 4 years from now. You draft a guy for his first contract because most leave for their second one. I like Cunningham for his ability to come right in a be a better than average productive starter for us. His instincts are already proven and his learning curve is most likely ahead of Reddicks. Now saying all of that I do believe that Reddick is going to be great but with potential comes disappointment. I wouldn't mind Anderson out of Bama either if you are going for a LB with pass rush skills he can really get to the QB.

Cunningham does not have prototypical size. He needs to gain weight. Reddick is going to have the bigger impact coming out right away due to way better athleticism with a higher ceiling.

I have mono you [inappropriate/removed]
Mikatron!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
MrLionzz wrote:

Cunningham does not have prototypical size. He needs to gain weight. Reddick is going to have the bigger impact coming out right away due to way better athleticism with a higher ceiling.

He had a great perspective with regard to first contracts and players leaving. With that said, I believe that teams mostly expect their 1st round players to become eventual franchise cornerstones. For this reason I am taking Hassan Reddick all day.

In relation to his ability to drop back and cover: if memory serves me correct he played safety before college. He may possibly have more experience dropping into coverage then he does rushing the passer or playing LB. If I am incorrect, let me know.
MrLionzz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
MrLionzz wrote:

Again with the whole ceiling crap it drives me crazy. 6'3" 234lbs is prototypical size for a LB in a 4-3 system. They both have the same potential seeing how neither has played in the league yet. I have been a scout and I can tell you right now that potential factors less into a decision by a head coach then the public would like to believe. Production is the true testament of a player. Dion Jordan, Vernon Gholston, Aaron Curry, Mike Williams, Charles Rodgers, and the list goes on. Give me production against top tier talent over potential any day. We all have the potential to be president but it won't happen, wait Trump has already proven that one wrong. Strike that last statement.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better question would be Haason Reddick vs Jarrad Davis

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrLionzz wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
MrLionzz wrote:

Again with the whole ceiling crap it drives me crazy. 6'3" 234lbs is prototypical size for a LB in a 4-3 system. They both have the same potential seeing how neither has played in the league yet. I have been a scout and I can tell you right now that potential factors less into a decision by a head coach then the public would like to believe. Production is the true testament of a player. Dion Jordan, Vernon Gholston, Aaron Curry, Mike Williams, Charles Rodgers, and the list goes on. Give me production against top tier talent over potential any day. We all have the potential to be president but it won't happen, wait Trump has already proven that one wrong. Strike that last statement.

With that theory, we wouldn't have Ziggy on our team.

I have mono you [inappropriate/removed]
Detroitlions703

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately think Reddick will be gone by 21 so this point is moot. Sign me up for Taco or Tack because how could u not like rooting for a pass rusher with those names?

though LB needs to be addressed in the first couple rounds absolutely and if somehow Reddick is there I would be very surprised to see him passed up.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
CutParisLenon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
Better question would be Haason Reddick vs Jarrad Davis

This will be the question. I think the debate around Cunningham will be whether we take him in the second.

Between Davis and Reddick I can see the Lions going with Davis. Not suggesting that's what I would do.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: