Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft Needs
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brseahawks wrote:
It's pretty much consensus the quality of this draft falls of a cliff after the 3rd round. Not like 2016 at all, where you could find quality/high upside prospects well in the 5th or 6th round.

I wouldn't mind at all moving two of our third round picks to move up hard with our top two picks to secure both King and Melifonwu.

King reminds me so much of a Seattle corner like Sherman or Maxwell, this guy would thrive here. He is a better prospect than Eli Apple was last year, with a much less raw tape and a much better athletic profile, unreal combination of quickness, deep speed, wingspam.

Melifonwu is such an unique combination of the quickness, size, lenght, speed, explosion... I'd draft this guy to play with 3 safeties as base. Earl single high, Kam on the strong side, and him playing the big nickel/weak side.
I swear, Obi is a corner on our team. Or at least that is where we would try him first

#1 ET Supporter
brseahawks

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
I swear, Obi is a corner on our team. Or at least that is where we would try him first

While I think you may be right (I really do), I don't see the merit of making such definitive statements, specially when we're talking about the Seahawks.

Funny enough, today, this woderful article was posted so I won't have to go in detail to why I think Seahawks might want to draft Melifonwu to NOT play outside CB. I'll invite you to read this.

http://seahawksdraftblog.com/seattles-defensive-future-lies-in-the-4-2-5-and-heres-why#comments

And this:

http://blog.seattlepi.com/seahawksdraftblog/2017/04/01/pete-carroll-hints-seattle-will-feature-a-buffalo/
Zman724

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brseahawks wrote:
It's pretty much consensus the quality of this draft falls of a cliff after the 3rd round. Not like 2016 at all, where you could find quality/high upside prospects well in the 5th or 6th round.

I wouldn't mind at all moving two of our third round picks to move up hard with our top two picks to secure both King and Melifonwu.

King reminds me so much of a Seattle corner like Sherman or Maxwell, this guy would thrive here. He is a better prospect than Eli Apple was last year, with a much less raw tape and a much better athletic profile, unreal combination of quickness, deep speed, wingspam.

Melifonwu is such an unique combination of the quickness, size, lenght, speed, explosion... I'd draft this guy to play with 3 safeties as base. Earl single high, Kam on the strong side, and him playing the big nickel/weak side.

Agreed
Zman724

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brseahawks wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

While I think you may be right (I really do), I don't see the merit of making such definitive statements, specially when we're talking about the Seahawks.

Funny enough, today, this woderful article was posted so I won't have to go in detail to why I think Seahawks might want to draft Melifonwu to NOT play outside CB. I'll invite you to read this.

http://seahawksdraftblog.com/seattles-defensive-future-lies-in-the-4-2-5-and-heres-why#comments

And this:

http://blog.seattlepi.com/seahawksdraftblog/2017/04/01/pete-carroll-hints-seattle-will-feature-a-buffalo/

I agree with you on Melifnawu. I do hope we get creative with our schemes and he's a guy that could fit that role moving forward. He could be moved all over the field to cover anyone.

I don't believe we'll do anything at LB with our top 5 selections. PC did say they needed more depth because of how many snaps KJ and Wags played. The FA signings will more than make up for that. Unless it's a pass rushing backer that moves into a rotational LEO, I don't see LB as a pick until rd 6 for Special teams.

I'm actually excited for McDougald.

I believe McDougald is going to be a big part of our D and have a paramount impact. I'm not a fan of highlights unless it's a full game review. He looks like a Hawk DB. 6'1, 210. He seems to have good instincts to make up for his lack of top end speed. 91 tackles, 10 pass defensed & 2 int's last yr for the Bucs.

When it's all said and done, Bradley is going to be the steal of our free agent moves and maybe the whole NFL.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brseahawks wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

And this:

I love the 4-2-5, we've had conversations about it on this board a couple of times over the years. However, as you are alluding to with the 2nd article, as far as a big nickle goes we already have the pieces for that with McDougald.

What I can't get behind is this idea that some have in that Obi can do everything you need of a SAM and everything you need of a corner somehow equally well. There's a reason he wasn't thought of as a 1st rounder until the combine... He looks good on tape and GREAT at the combine. Our defense needs good tackling from the outside CBs in run support too.

I think Obi is a fun chess piece and I do think you CAN use him as a NCB/3rd safety a la a big Tyrann, but I don't believe that's what Seattle would hope his evolution is. An outside CB for us is more valuable than a nickel

#1 ET Supporter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: