You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

MOCK OFFSEASON 3.0

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brett1120

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject: MOCK OFFSEASON 3.0 Reply with quote

Total Cap Room: $713,619

PLAYERS CUT
Ryan Matthews (RB)
Cap Savings: $4M
Though at times he has shown flashes of being a productive back (i.e. against the Atlanta Falcons in 2016), his injury history has made him unreliable at best. Couple that with his stint in Doug Pederson’s doghouse for his fumbling issues and the amount of desperately needed cap savings the Eagles will retain and he is all but gone once he is medically cleared.

Allen Barbre (OG)
Cap Savings: $2.1M
Barbre has been a solid lineman for the Eagles for several years, with versatility to play Guard or Tackle. But his age (32) and the depth the team acquired on the interior of the offensive line the past two seasons make him expendable.

Dorial Green-Beckham (WR)
Cap Savings: $944K
His only season in Philadelphia was nothing short of a disaster, as he struggled with the playbook and catching the ball. With the off season additions of Alshon Jeffrey and Torrey, along with the fact the Eagles will likely look to the draft to add to the position, Green-Beckham will be looking to sign with his third team in two years.

Josh LeRibeus (OL), Dwayne Gratz (CB), Dallas Thomas (OL)
Cap Savings: $775K ($2,325,000 Total)
They were all likely brought in as extra camp bodies and will not survive the summer as a member of the Eagles.

TOTAL CAP ROOM: $10,082,619

NFL DRAFT:

1 (14): Christian McCaffrey (RB Stanford)
After releasing Ryan Matthews and with Darren Sproles on the verge of retirement after the season, the Eagles need to find playmakers out of the backfield for Carson Wentz. The goal the entire off season has been to add more weapons for the second year QB and there was one better in college over the past couple years (and maybe ever) creating explosive plays on offense. McCaffrey’s ability to be a patient runner, along with elite pass catching skills out of the back field and split out wide make him ideal for Doug Pederson’s West Coast offense.

Player Comparison: Brian Westbrook (RB Retired)

2 (43): Chidobe Awuzie (CB Colorado)
Anyone that follows the team or simply watches football knows that the Eagles have a major hole at the cornerback position. Though they added Patrick Robinson this off season, they need to come up with a long term solution at the position. Awuzie is a first round talent that has been lost in the shuffle in a deep CB draft, rewarding the Eagles patience at filling the position. He is a well-rounded corner, who is lock down in coverage, plays the ball in the air and un afraid to make tackles in the open field. His compliments of experience as a four year starter in college, with his athletic tools and strong build make him ideal for Jim Schwartz’s defense.

Player Comparison: Josh Norman (CB-Washington Redskins)

3 (99): Tanoh Kpassagnon (DE Villanova)
The local product, Kpassagnon, is a mountain of a defensive end, standing 6’7”, 289lbs. Teams will have him fall in the draft as he is a project at DE with limited experience against high-level competition but all the tools are there to become an elite edge rusher. He is a freak athlete that can dominate the edge , marking career highs in tackles, tackles for loss and sacks his final college season, making a living in opposing backfields all season. Developing him behind veterans like Chris Long and Brandon Graham for the next couple years can pay off big dividends in the end.

Player Comparison: Mario Williams (DE Free Agent)

4 (119): Kendall Beckwith (LB LSU)
The Eagles need to add more playmakers at the linebacker position in Jim Schwartz defense next to Jordan Hicks. Beckwith was one of the team leader’s for an extremely talented LSU roster, which proved to be a fundamentally sound stalwart as a starter for the past three years. His biggest weakness is his range and athleticism, which he makes up for with strong instincts to sift through blockers. A move to the SAM linebacker spot should only highlight his strengths moving forward in the NFL, while have the luxury of avoiding double –teams in the middle of the field.

Player Comparison: Kevin Minter (LB Cincinnati Bengals)

4 (139): Damontae Kazee (CB San Diego State)
Continuing to add to the CB depth on the roster, the Eagles add another playmaker to pair with the young core of Awuzie and Jalen Mills. Kazee was a defensive stand out while in college, being named the MWC Defensive Player of the Year after leading the conference in interceptions. Without the ideal size or speed to play on the outside, he will likely be relegated to playing in the slot. Though he is a gambler when the ball is in the air, he usually comes down with the big play as a turnover machine.

Player Comparison: Tracy Porter (CB Free Agent)

5 (155): Shelton Gibson (WR West Virginia)
Gibson should have returned to college for his senior season to hone his craft as a route runner, but he does display big play ability. His disappoint 4.5 40 time will lead him to fall into the back end of the draft, but he plays much faster than what those numbers say. The Eagles need to continue to add young talent to their WR core, as the futures of Alshon Jeffrey, Torrey Smith and Jordan Matthews are all up in the air. If he can become a better route runner, while being able to take the top off the defense, Gibson can find a long-term role with the Eagles.

Player Comparison: Andre Roberts (WR Detroit Lions)

6 (194): Sam Tevi (RT Utah)
A lot of the attention for the Utah offensive line has gone towards potential first round pick Garrett Bolles, but Sam Tevi should also here his name called at some point during the draft. He is a mauler at RT, that would be a project in the NFL to fix his footwork. He can be a valuable depth piece in the future as the Eagles are unsure how much longer Jason Peters will play, while providing the inevitable move of Lane Johnson to the left side. Adding depth to the tackle position is not an immediate need, but taking time to groom a player like Tevi can pay off long term.

Player Comparison: Sam Young (OT Miami Dolphins)

7 (230): Bug Howard (WR UNC)
Taking a flyer on a big target like Bug Howard makes a lot of sense for a team in need of offensive weapons. He lacks ideal speed and may have issues separating in the NFL, but he can be a true possession receiver and legit threat in the back of the end zone, with his ability to use his size to snatch the ball out of the air. He has sure hands, which anyone that watched football last year knows is a big need for the Eagles.

Player Comparison: Arrelious Benn (WR Jacksonville Jaguars)

UNDRAFTED FREE AGENTS:
Will Likely (CB Maryland)
Brandon Bell (LB Penn State)
Damien Mama (OG USC)
Elijah Hood (RB UNC)
Aaron Curry (DT TCU)
Jamal Carter Sr. (S Miami)

DEPTH CHART:

QB: Wentz, Foles
RB: McCaffrey, Sproles, Smallwood, Marshall
WR: Jeffrey, Matthews, Smith, Agholor, Gibson
TE: Ertz, Burton, Celek
LT: Peters, Tobin
LG: Warmack, Wisnewski
C: Kelce, Seumalo
RG: Brooks, Mama
RT: Johnson, Vaitai
LE: Graham, Kpassagnon, Smith
DT: Cox, Vaeao, [inappropriate/removed]
DT: Jernigan, Allen
RE: Curry, Long
SLB: Bradham, Beckwith
MLB: Hicks, Walker
WLB: Kendricks, Goode
CB: Mills, Robinson
FS: Jenkins, Watkins, T. Brooks
SS: McLeod, Maragos
CB: Awuzie, R. Brooks
NICKEL: Kazee
K: Sturgis
P: Jones
LS: Dorenbos

PRACTICE SQUAD:
Bug Howard (WR)
Will Likely (CB)
Brandon Bell (LB)
Elijah Hood (RB)
Aaron Curry (DT TCU)
Jamal Carter Sr. (S Miami)
C.J. Smith (CB)
Alex McCallister (DE)
Sam Tevi (OT)
Darrell Greene (OG)

Last edited by brett1120 on Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total
magross

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overall I'd say B I like most of the pics, cafferey still up in the air for me personally. I think maybe switch out one of the WR in the draft for another TE or DL. I still don't see green Beckham getting cut. I think we'll go into the year with 6-7 WRs
FlyEaglesFly193

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the picks through 5 and I don't know the rest so good job..

I hate the 53 man roster though... Caff, Sproles, Smallwood, and Marshall all can play interchangeablely which is a plus but I'd prefer Watson over Marshall or put Watson on the PS.. Hood will be drafted got a 5th round grade on him.

Kazee maybe be a small corner but to me he's not a nickel he's an outside off zone corner.. I think he can play man with a safety over top... Reminds me of Asante that's how good his ball skills are.. Put Robinson and Brooks in the slot Kazee being the backup on the outside..

I think Hood, Bell, Likely, and Mama all get drafted I'd love if we got them as UDFA

Wisniewski got starter money

Trade Kelce and Kendricks for a mid round pick draft another DL or maybe Hill the RB from Wyoming and you'd have an A+ but which that beind said I think the value is close but I expect players going a tad earlier than where you have them..

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: