Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FF Annual Consensus Mock - 15. Indianapolis Colts (Run-off)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who would you select?
Christian McCaffrey [ RB ] Stanford
19%
 19%  [ 13 ]
Forrest Lamp [ OL ] Western Kentucky
28%
 28%  [ 19 ]
Haason Reddick [ LB ] Temple
51%
 51%  [ 34 ]
Total Votes : 66

stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bananabucket wrote:
stallyns wrote:
dont like these options at all. There is certainly an argument to be made for taking these guys but CB is our biggest need.

At this moment Rashaan Melvin and Darryl Morris are our the only decent options we have at CB besides Davis.

Our starting 5 on the OL is set pretty much with Haeg and Clark on the right side. They didn't allow a single sack in the last 2 games of the season (Mewhort missed those games, Jonotthan Harrison played in his spot at LG) First time in Luck's career to have that happen. Ballard has talked about being happy with the OL and wanting to bring in competition. So much needed on defense.

I mistakenly voted for Reddick, I don't like his fit. I feel like he is more suited for a 4-3 WILL OLB then 3-4 ILB.

There's no way CB is a bigger need than OLB. We have absolutely no one who can rush the passer.

The starting 5 on the OL is FAR from set. Haeg and Clark did ok all things considered, but they are both career backup material.

We at least addressed OLB in free agency, even though none of the guys we brought in are world beaters we at least added NFL talent. Meaning we can wait until round 2 or 3 to address the position. Any OLB we draft is going to be a 3rd down guy while a CB could start immediately as a nickel at worst
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bzane wrote:
stallyns wrote:
dont like these options at all. There is certainly an argument to be made for taking these guys but CB is our biggest need.

At this moment Rashaan Melvin and Darryl Morris are our the only decent options we have at CB besides Davis.

Our starting 5 on the OL is set pretty much with Haeg and Clark on the right side. They didn't allow a single sack in the last 2 games of the season (Mewhort missed those games, Jonotthan Harrison played in his spot at LG) First time in Luck's career to have that happen. Ballard has talked about being happy with the OL and wanting to bring in competition. So much needed on defense.

I mistakenly voted for Reddick, I don't like his fit. I feel like he is more suited for a 4-3 WILL OLB then 3-4 ILB.

Not so fast there, "Scoop"-!

Here's what Mike Freeman says about the Colts' pick:
Quote:
15. Colts: This is where (Stanford RB Christian) McCaffrey goes. Perfect fit there. I (also) have one sleeper there: (Oklahoma RB) Joe Mixon. Longest of long shots, but I can tell you the Colts are taking a hard look at him. A lot of teams are infatuated with Mixon, but so far no team seems crazy enough to take him in the first. But I think that owner (Jim Irsay) is crazy enough to do it.

Christian McCaffrey or JOE MIXON!!!!!!!!

Love that ".....Jim Irsay is crazy enough to do it."
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Oh, those loose-cannon Colts! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

stallyns wrote:
There is certainly an argument to be made for taking these guys

bzane

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stallyns wrote:
bzane wrote:
stallyns wrote:

Not so fast there, "Scoop"-!

Quote:
15. Colts: This is where (Stanford RB Christian) McCaffrey goes. Perfect fit there. I (also) have one sleeper there: (Oklahoma RB) Joe Mixon. Longest of long shots, but I can tell you the Colts are taking a hard look at him. A lot of teams are infatuated with Mixon, but so far no team seems crazy enough to take him in the first. But I think that owner (Jim Irsay) is crazy enough to do it.

Christian McCaffrey or JOE MIXON!!!!!!!!

Love that ".....Jim Irsay is crazy enough to do it."
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Oh, those loose-cannon Colts! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

stallyns wrote:
There is certainly an argument to be made for taking these guys

But.... but stallyns- Joe Mixon? Joe Mixon??

Are you saying that "there is certainly an argument to be made for taking" JOE MIXON?!?!

In your pithy answer, right after where I quoted Mike Freeman suggested that the Colts might draft Joe Mixon, you post "there is certainly an argument for taking these guys-".

Wow.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/2/23/11099472/joe-mixon-arrest-suspension-video-oklahoma

Putting aside for now one's personal moral code, would it be good business sense for the Colts to spend their first-round pick on Mixon, with all the attendant publicity and inevitable constant replays of the awful video; I realize that Jim Irsay is not the usual careful NFL owner, but surely even he could imagine the trouble this would bring down on the Colts.

And you- one of the wisest, keenest, most-beloved posters on this site- do you really think there's an argument to be made for drafting Joe Mixon???

I beg you, reconsider!
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My comment was in regards to the above poll. Mike Freeman was making an argument for the Colts drafting McCaffrey, who is in the poll. He might have mentioned Mixon but he didn't slot him to the Colts.
bzane

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stallyns wrote:
My comment was in regards to the above poll. Mike Freeman was making an argument for the Colts drafting McCaffrey, who is in the poll. He might have mentioned Mixon but he didn't slot him to the Colts.

Quote:
Quote:

There was no "might have" here, he did list him, as a "sleeper" to the Colts. I have re-posted the quote in case you misread it the first time.

And you immediately followed this suggestion of Mixon as a "sleeper" pick by Indianapolis by quoting yourself saying that arguments could be made for all these guys. And there was no just not Mixon qualification or anything. It read as though you wouldn't object to the Colts' spending their first-round pick on him.
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said, he mentions Mixon but has the Colts drafting McCaffrey.
bzane

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather than encouraging another drawn-out word-splitting semantical wrangle, let me ask you, stallyns, to come straight out and give your opinion on whether or not the Colts should draft Joe Mixon.

I will help you- I'll give you mine: I wouldn't consider drafting Joe Mixon at all. Even if your morals are elastic enough to condone what he did, I say to you that the ensuing turd-storm would make the whole Trent Richardson fiasco look like Happy Days in Indianapolis.

How about it?
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It he was available in the 3rd round, I would be receptive to him being drafted. Not 1st or 2nd, need defense

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: