Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Favorite 2017 Draft eligible prospect

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:20 pm    Post subject: Favorite 2017 Draft eligible prospect Reply with quote

I'm ready for the draft. Every year there is a guy I really enjoy watching- one that doesn't fit the mold. Usually underdog, smaller guy or one who has had to make it the hard way but persevered and made it and excelled in college ball. Most have never heard of them and this year is no different.

The Award for the Doc Draper 2017 Most Favorite NFL draft eligible player goes to:

Tarik Cohen aka the Human Joystick.

standing in at a monstrous 5.6 inches tall and 180 pounds this kid has so many reasons I am pulling for him t make it in the NFL.

6500 all purpose yards
5600 rushing yards
almost 1,000 receiving yards
3 times conference player of the year
4 time First Team All Conference
4 time Conference rushing champion
2016 Black College Player of the Year

see for yourself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsimHbxxFd8

Here is his NFL profile
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/tarik-cohen?id=2558250

If you like to watch your video with Future NFL Color Commentator Smile
warning the language is a bit rough
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x53bJakdjno

Who is your favorite under the radar prospect?

[/u]
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josh Reynolds, WR, Texas A&M.

Scouts compare him to Marvin Jones. He's a bit skinny (6'3, 195) and likely won't put on a lot of weight, he just has a wirey frame but the kid can play. I think he'll be a good starter some day and I hope we take him in the late rounds and develop him for a few years.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:

Scouts compare him to Marvin Jones. He's a bit skinny (6'3, 195) and likely won't put on a lot of weight, he just has a wirey frame but the kid can play. I think he'll be a good starter some day and I hope we take him in the late rounds and develop him for a few years.

impressive guy! where do you se him getting drafted? Here i a video I found
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBnC9gIM7rU
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Draper wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

impressive guy! where do you se him getting drafted? Here i a video I found
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBnC9gIM7rU
Probably round 5 but he could go in round 3 or 4 also. Most Mock's have him pegged in round 5 or 6. Like scouts are saying, he reminds them of Marvin Jones. Like Jones, Reynolds has the skills and size, he's just skinny and not a burner. Jones also fell in the draft in 2012 to round 6 when Lewis and Gruden selected him for the Bengals. Jones fall in the draft was inexplicable IMO, I had him pegged as a 2nd or 3rd round talent. All he's done is become a good starter in the league. I think Reynolds has that same kind of potential.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mike23md

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamaal Williams, RB, BYU

Currently his draft stock ranges around 4-5.

4.59 40 but his tape is so impressive.

https://youtu.be/GpQO8L5YMtg

Would be great in the power run game and can get to the edge with a quick one cut upfield. Not a lot of running or dancing side to side.

Can pass protect.

He attended BYU at 17 and started 8 games as a freshman.

His running style could be compared to Ladanian Tomlinson, IMO.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Under the radar: Isiah Ford

Overall: Derek Barnett
seantaylorfan21

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joseph Yearby.

Props to Mike23md
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill add another one, Donnell Pumphrey RB from San Diego State. He is a Chris Thompson type back which is why I never mock him to us, even in the late rounds but this kid is special. Small, but special.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc.net/si/nfl/2017/02/10/donnel-pumphrey-nfl-draft-running-backs%3Fsource%3Ddam

Quote:
San Diego State running back Donnel Pumphrey is good. Really good. He is also, as of Senior Bowl weigh-ins, 5' 8" and 169 pounds. That’s about 20 pounds lighter than Darren Sproles, the player often cited as the prototype for “undersized” running backs; it’s two inches and 23 pounds lighter than the smallest back taken in last year’s draft, San Jose State’s Tyler Ervin, by the Texans.

Pumphrey, the all-time leading rusher in the FBS record books (although Ron Dayne would like a word) presents a bit of a challenge for the NFL. So, I’ll simplify it: This is a guy you want on your team.

Pumphrey rushed for 6,405 yards in his San Diego State career on 1,059 carries—a heavy workload against some suspect defenses, both inside and outside of the Mountain West Conference. The goal, though, is the same as with any prospect, small-school or major-program, which is to uncover traits that translate to the next level.

The yardage total wasn’t a gimmick. Pumphrey is a patient runner with a burst. Case in point: This run vs. Cal. Pumphrey waited for a pair of blockers to get out in front of him, set up the defense by angling wide, then planted and found a hole for a substantial gain.

All that said, his size will force Pumphrey into a third-down back role in the NFL, at least until he proves he can handle more. As an Aztec, he averaged 24.9 catches per season and 10.5 yards per reception. He may not be a natural hands catcher, per se, but again, the goal is to look for traits that translate. And Pumphrey’s elusiveness as a running back shows up when he runs routes, too.

This route, run against Wyoming, is one that would get him open about 99% of the time against NFL man coverage. Matched up with a linebacker, he broke off a quick little shoulder shake near the line of scrimmage, then made a terrific inside cut, caught the pass and flew upfield for almost 25 yards. (His propensity for letting the ball get into his body showed up there, as well, but didn’t hurt him on the play.)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: