Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Romo retiring
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HorizontoZenith

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love how people are trying to prop up Romo's career in some weird attempt to justify him going to the Hall of Fame. He's not. No QB is going into the Hall of Fame with barely 248 touchdown passes (at barely a 2/1 TD/INT ratio) and two/six career playoff wins.
cddolphin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Wow...apparently, Romo is taking over for Phil Simms on CBS. Thats pretty crazy considering how green he will be to commentating, seeing as how Nantz and Simms are the most heavily featured commentating team on CBS.

As someone who cant stand Phil Simms commentary, I dont mind this....but it does seem like they shafted him...

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/chris-simms-rips-cbs-tony-romo-replaced-phil-simms-assumes-jim-nantz-signed-off-145137930.html

...my guess is its to pander to a younger audience.

I'm bout it bout it. Phil Simms has been one of the worst color commentors the past couple seasons. He stumbles and mumbles and often comes off as woefully unprepared.

Romo may be green, but hopefully it means we get more Xs and Os from the commentor's box instead of useless, barely intelligible drivel.
G

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad he's retiring. as soon as I saw him get hurt I felt he should retire after the season with all the injuries. If Dak gets majorly hurt I could see him come back for a playoff push but otherwise congrats on the new gig
Marc MacGyver

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NoJobBob wrote:
Marc MacGyver wrote:
I wish him well...

BUT, I wouldn't be surprised if he failed in media. He just doesn't come across as an engaging personality tbh.
Highly disagree. I remember when everyone wanted Peyton Manning to do color broadcasting after he retired... THAT would have been terrible. Manning's voice is annoying, he's not an positive guy, and outside of pure analysis of plays I doubt he'd have much interesting to say. Romo on the other hand is the exact opposite. Have you watched his NFL Sound FX? Or his press conferences?

Romo will do well. And I'm so glad Simms is getting the boot.

+1 on Simms... I'll see if I can dig up some old Romo interviews / press conferences, etc. From memory, I never found him interesting. But maybe I'm being harsh on him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: