Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

IbleedBlue Mock Draft 4/5
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WiscoBlue21

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taking a CB early isn't a bad idea. DRC will be hone and that only leaves us with Apple and JackRabbit. Taking a King in the last first or Jordan Lewis in the second to be our future slot CB isn't the worst thing in the world. They can battle Blake this year for the 4th CB spot and contribute on ST.

I also don't think we are in that bad of position at LB as some think either...I think DK will resign with us and he isn't going to be a "hot" Free Agent and Goodson is the future starting MLB for us. That leaves the WILL position open which we can address in the draft this year (later rounds) or pick up a FA or draft one next year too. Heck, we still might be able to bring back Robinson next year again.

As the draft gets closer and it looks like Reddick, Njoku, Howard, McCaffrey wont be available by our pick then I'm starting to think we take an OL with the #23 pick or take BPA like Peppers, Barnett, Charleton, Mcdowell, King, Kizer.

GMENNATION wrote:
njLawman5016 wrote:
Agree with the Sintim comparison.

I am just buying into the thought process that we really need a LB this year because few are signed after this year, and the argument could be made that a standout LB could put us over the top on defense.

But watch......JR will go with a CB in Round 1.

Whats the chances......

Your logic can apply to CBs as well. There is a 95% chance DRC is gone after this season. It's extremely important to have 3 starting caliber CBs these days. If CB is the best value when we end up picking at 23, I'd have no problem with it. We're not drafting in the Top 10 this year so our pick does not need to be a Day 1 starter. It would be great if they were, but I'm more interested in picking the best value for an overall career vs. this year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: