Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DEE RAWL's What Would I Do Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject: DEE RAWL's What Would I Do Mock Reply with quote

I normally make mock drafts based on what I think WILL happen, but jrry made a valid argument for making mocks for what I WOULD DO, so just this once Iím making an exception. This is a mock that reflects what I would do if I were the GM.

TRADE

Rams send round 2 pick 5, round 4 pick 5, and round 6 pick 22
Chiefs send round 1 pick 27

Round 1 pick 27 (from Chiefs)) Corey Davis, WR, WMU

Corey Davis has been my favorite WR prospect the last 2 years. I donít think I, nor many others can really predict where he stands right now, but my best guess is late 1st. He hasnít done any testing this off-season due to an ankle injury, but his tape doesnít lieóhe is the most complete WR in this draft. He has size at 6í3Ē 215 lbs, speed, and precise route running. Furthermore, after the catch he looks to punish defenders. Heís had some drops, but the majority of the time he displays very strong and reliable hands. I usually am not a huge fan of trading up when were already short on draft capital, but there are 2 prospects that I willing to do what it takes to come away with to me is the closest to a ďsure thingĒ (Forrest Lamp and Corey Davis).

Round 3 pick 5) Sidney Jones, CB, Washington

Were in an even better situation at CB now than before when I put him in my mock a couple weeks ago. Yeah, it would nice to have a CB who could play right away, but we essentially have our starting secondary penciled in and it would allow us to take a top-10 talent in Sidney Jones and let him fully recover with no rush. It would then provide us with both leverage in the negotiations with Trumaine, and/or one of the better young secondaries in the NFL.

Round 4 comp) Jonnu Smith, TE, FIU

Itís no secret that I love Evan Engram and Gerald Everett, but Jonnu Smith is an extremely talented H-Back as well. On paper heís an even better athlete than his peers scoring the highest SPARQ score of all the TEís. He has some issues with drops and can be a little stiff at times, but other than that he has everything you want. He was a competitive powerlifter in high school and shows the ability to be an effective blocker. Smith isnít my first choice at TE, but on day 3 he presents perhaps the most value and upside.

Round 5 pick 5) Jon Toth, C, Kentucky

Nothing new here, but again, for my money, Toth presents the best value for me at center. He doesnít jump off the charts numbers wise (neither did Frederick), but he shows the ability to sustain blocks both in the run and in pass protection. His size and strength would provide both depth and a future at the G/C position(s).

Round 6 pick 5) Ejuan Price, EDGE, Pitt

Another familiar selection. I donít care how small Price is, the dude gets AFTER it. This team really lacks pass rushing depth and Price is a very similar player to one of the best thatís done it in Elvis Dumervil.

Round 7 pick 16) Joshua Holsey, CB, Auburn

This one I absolutely stole from you jrry haha. I was thinking about adding some DL depth here, but Iíd rather bring in some UDFAís for that because Holsey is far more worthy of a draft pick. As jrry has explained, he has a serious injury history and hes not the biggest kid, but he plays big, fast, and tough. He did really well against opposing #1 WRís (except Josh Reynolds) and it wouldnít put it past Snead to take a chance on another Auburn player.

Projected SLU

QB- Goff
RB- Gurley
FB- Harkey
TE- Higbee/Smith
WR- Davis
WR- Woods
WR- Austin
LT- Whitworth
LG- Saffold
C- Sullivan
RG- Havenstein
RT- Robinson

Will- Quinn
RE- Easley
NT- Brockers
LE- Donald
Sam- Barwin
Chase- Barron
Plug- Ogletree
RCB- Webster
LCB- Johnson
SCB- Robey
FS- Jones
SS- Alexander

1. Corey Davis, WR, WMU
2. Forrest Lamp, G/C, WKU
3. Evan Engram, TE, Ole Miss
4. JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, USC
RamPackFan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best one yet, IMHO. I love this one and would be one happy camper if this was the outcome. I think with the depth we have now (at this point) and having a Defensive genius such as Wade Phillips in charge we could wait a year for Jones to get up to speed. Long term this fills some serious needs with Davis, Jones, and Toth. All 3 long time starters and contributors for many years...and Jonnu Smith's ceiling is pretty high but, personally, I'd rather plug in George Kittle at that spot...personal preference.
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really have no complaints here. LOVE Corey Davis and he'd be a steal at #27. That said, I really don't think he will last that long, as much as I'd love it if he did. Jones could prove to be the pick of the draft IF he can get back to form. Only issues is, that type of injury can sap away some of the quick twitch that a CB badly needs. Loved him prior to injury though, so, if he somehow fully returned to form, its the pick of draft. Smith is ok, but reminds me a bit of a more athletic Kendricks. Zero problems with rest of picks. Very nice mock
John Johnson, S/CB
Josh Reynolds, WR
Samson Ebukam, Edge
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
Really have no complaints here. LOVE Corey Davis and he'd be a steal at #27. That said, I really don't think he will last that long, as much as I'd love it if he did. Jones could prove to be the pick of the draft IF he can get back to form. Only issues is, that type of injury can sap away some of the quick twitch that a CB badly needs. Loved him prior to injury though, so, if he somehow fully returned to form, its the pick of draft. Smith is ok, but reminds me a bit of a more athletic Kendricks. Zero problems with rest of picks. Very nice mock

I agree with everything you said, I want Engram or Everett, but Davis/Jones > Engram/Everett so thats why I did that. The achilles injury doesnt have the same impact as it used to so Im hopeful not only for us in this situation, but mostly for the kids sake.

1. Corey Davis, WR, WMU
RamsFan24

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Job man, I absolutely love it. If Corey Davis where to drop that far than this would be an no brainer.

DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamsFan24 wrote:
Great Job man, I absolutely love it. If Corey Davis where to drop that far than this would be an no brainer.

I give it a 50/50 at this point. As with all the WRs, they could go top 15 or they could fall out of the top 25. I think round one will be dominated by DBs and edge rushers which could leave a really good offensive player like Lamp, Davis, Ross, or Bolles out of the first 25 selections.

1. Corey Davis, WR, WMU
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Corey Davis is your guy, nothing wrong with going and getting him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: