Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Time for a Trade-Happy Fun Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
big9erfan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject: Time for a Trade-Happy Fun Mock Reply with quote

I love to do fun mocks at this time of year. So here's one with a bunch of trades. Of course they won't all happen, but I think each is reasonable and explained what the other team was shooting for in moving up. I also tried to put in some names we don't see mentioned much for us. So here goes:

2 - Traded to Carolina for 8 and 40 (Carolina desperate for Fournette)
8 - Derek Barnett - wouldn't surprise me at all if he ended up his career with more sacks than any other guy in this draft, including Garett, We need a premium pass rusher and Barnett is that guy. On top of that he's a perfect fit for our defensive scheme
34 -Traded along with our 4th round comp pick to Jets for 39 and 73 (Jets desperate to get one of the remaining QBs)
39 (from Jets) - Joe Mixon - I'm going out on a limb here, but on pure talent alone he's well worth pick 39. His ability to catch out of the backfield is what makes the difference to me. We're going to place a premium on guys like that.

Edit (post Brock incident): Scratch Mixon; substitute Kevin King

40 (from Carolina) - Traded to the Giants for 56 and 87 (Giants desperate for a RB and now Kamara is the only one left for them after we just took Mixon)
56 (from Giants) - Curtis Samuel - I realize I'm the only one here who loves him, but I stil think he's going to be the best non-first round receiver in the draft. HIs 4.3 forty would be the talk of the draft if it weren't for Ross, and you just can't coach speed. He's a big play waiting to happen.
66 -Raekwon McMillan - He's so young it's hard to say how high his ceiling is, but I think his floor is "solid starter". I believe he could become a day 1 starter for us
73 (from Jets) - Sidney Jones - with all the extra picks we've traded for we can afford to use one one a "future". Jones' talent level is way above pick 73 and will be a bargain for us if he regains his speed and agility. A near perfect nickel corner if he fully recovers
87 (from Giants) - Dion Dawkins - I'm taking him as a tackle hoping he's good enough to push Brown to a backup role, maybe even play LT some day since he's really athletic for a big man. At worst he'll be a solid NFL G
109 - Adam Shaneen - So call me a sucker for his size/speed combo. But I'm seeing him instantly beating out Celek and Hamm.
146 - Derek Rivers - Because you can never have too many edge rushers and it's worth taking a chance on a small school guy at this point in the draft
161 - Brian Hill - I have no faith in any of our current backs aside from Hyde, and he's injury prone, so I'm double dipping on RBs in this draft. There are other RBs I'd like in the 4th, but at this spot I think Hill is as good as it gets.

Total haul from this draft - a great edge rusher and a second one to develop, a very solid ILB and a potentially great nickel corner in a year or two. On offense a really good, really fast WR plus a great blocking TE who can also catch, plus two RBs who will beat out the guys on our roster now, and an o-line guy who would immediately become our backup T/G, and in a year or two become our starting RT, and even has the potential to replace Staley some day.

Last edited by big9erfan on Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked

I LOVE IT! Seriously. You have selected more than one who has either at least intrigued me (such as S. Jones and Barnett) or I have outright endorsed (Mixon--has an incident, but note it is ONE). Nice.
48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Brock incident could prevent us from selecting Mixon, the backlash from the potential outcomes of those situations is pretty risky. I'm all for it but there could be some apprehension that we dont want to stir the idea that a "Stanford guy doesnt care about women abuse". Rolling Eyes

I'd be very happy with the overall draft though, I like Barnett in the 10-15 range but I'm cool with him at 8. You're not alone with Samuel, I just think he's a lesser version of McCaffrey but still solid. Derek Rivers is getting 1st round love from Mayock and Kiper so he would be very nice any round after 2. Overall I dig it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF this were their draft haul, it would be crazy good.. although I still curl my lip at Mixon for the off-field stuff. Your day 3 picks of Shaheen and Rivers seem outrageous, I must say... but I'll take it.

oh, and McMillan would be a great pick at 66.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:
I think the Brock incident could prevent us from selecting Mixon, the backlash from the potential outcomes of those situations is pretty risky. I'm all for it but there could be some apprehension that we dont want to stir the idea that a "Stanford guy doesnt care about women abuse". Rolling Eyes

I'd be very happy with the overall draft though, I like Barnett in the 10-15 range but I'm cool with him at 8. You're not alone with Samuel, I just think he's a lesser version of McCaffrey but still solid. Derek Rivers is getting 1st round love from Mayock and Kiper so he would be very nice any round after 2. Overall I dig it.

That was always my concern about Mixon, but I threw him in here just for the heck of it. I guess take him out, go with Hill later and at 39 take a CB. Haven't looked close enough but Take your pick of Witherspoon, Moreau or King.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
IF this were their draft haul, it would be crazy good.. although I still curl my lip at Mixon for the off-field stuff. Your day 3 picks of Shaheen and Rivers seem outrageous, I must say... but I'll take it.

oh, and McMillan would be a great pick at 66.

Hard to find mocks that go deep into the draft so hard for me to see where other guys are mocking guys like Shaheen and Rivers. I just kind of figured small school guys might last this deep.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Time for a Trade-Happy Fun Mock Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
I love to do fun mocks at this time of year. So here's one with a bunch of trades. Of course they won't all happen, but I think each is reasonable and explained what the other team was shooting for in moving up. I also tried to put in some names we don't see mentioned much for us. So here goes:

2 - Traded to Carolina for 8 and 40 (Carolina desperate for Fournette)
8 - Derek Barnett - wouldn't surprise me at all if he ended up his career with more sacks than any other guy in this draft, including Garett, We need a premium pass rusher and Barnett is that guy. On top of that he's a perfect fit for our defensive scheme
34 -Traded along with our 4th round comp pick to Jets for 39 and 73 (Jets desperate to get one of the remaining QBs)
39 (from Jets) - Joe Mixon - I'm going out on a limb here, but on pure talent alone he's well worth pick 39. His ability to catch out of the backfield is what makes the difference to me. We're going to place a premium on guys like that.

Edit (post Brock incident): Scratch Mixon; substitute Kevin King

40 (from Carolina) - Traded to the Giants for 56 and 87 (Giants desperate for a RB and now Kamara is the only one left for them after we just took Mixon)
56 (from Giants) - Curtis Samuel - I realize I'm the only one here who loves him, but I stil think he's going to be the best non-first round receiver in the draft. HIs 4.3 forty would be the talk of the draft if it weren't for Ross, and you just can't coach speed. He's a big play waiting to happen.
66 -Raekwon McMillan - He's so young it's hard to say how high his ceiling is, but I think his floor is "solid starter". I believe he could become a day 1 starter for us
73 (from Jets) - Sidney Jones - with all the extra picks we've traded for we can afford to use one one a "future". Jones' talent level is way above pick 73 and will be a bargain for us if he regains his speed and agility. A near perfect nickel corner if he fully recovers
87 (from Giants) - Dion Dawkins - I'm taking him as a tackle hoping he's good enough to push Brown to a backup role, maybe even play LT some day since he's really athletic for a big man. At worst he'll be a solid NFL G
109 - Adam Shaneen - So call me a sucker for his size/speed combo. But I'm seeing him instantly beating out Celek and Hamm.
146 - Derek Rivers - Because you can never have too many edge rushers and it's worth taking a chance on a small school guy at this point in the draft
161 - Brian Hill - I have no faith in any of our current backs aside from Hyde, and he's injury prone, so I'm double dipping on RBs in this draft. There are other RBs I'd like in the 4th, but at this spot I think Hill is as good as it gets.

Total haul from this draft - a great edge rusher and a second one to develop, a very solid ILB and a potentially great nickel corner in a year or two. On offense a really good, really fast WR plus a great blocking TE who can also catch, plus two RBs who will beat out the guys on our roster now, and an o-line guy who would immediately become our backup T/G, and in a year or two become our starting RT, and even has the potential to replace Staley some day.

Pretty decent mock

I would rather have Thomas, Adams,Hooker, Lattimore, Howard, or Foster before Barnett though. I like King in the second and I really dig the Samuel pick. Outside of McCaffery, he's the best "offensive weapon" in the draft. Seeing Shannahan get his hands on him could be very entertaining. I'm meh on McMillan. I honestly believe that Cunningham will still be on the board at that point and figure he's a better prospect. Sidney Jones would be a steal at 73 if he was still available, I don't mind taking him if he's there, but not before someone like Witherspoon or Sutton. I'd love Dawkins but not sure he's still there at 87. With a weak Oline class I wouldn't be suprised to see someone reach. Shaneen checks out, But give me Kittle instead if he's still there. Oh [inappropriate/removed] yea to Rivers, dudes a beast. and to round it out Hill is a good option, that is if my boy Kareem Hunt isn't still there.
GANNDMK

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice draft, I like a lot of the players you selected. My only question would be, can Barnett beat an NFL left tackle. He's been great in college, but moving up and going against is going to be very difficult, he really doesn't have very good speed to get around the block. The rest is great though.
rudyZ

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GANNDMK wrote:
Very nice draft, I like a lot of the players you selected. My only question would be, can Barnett beat an NFL left tackle. He's been great in college, but moving up and going against is going to be very difficult, he really doesn't have very good speed to get around the block. The rest is great though.

His hands usage is amazing, though, and that's really what distinguishes a one dimensional speed rusher from an actual sack artist. His lack of speed might result in fewer sacks than a faster guy would. I think his floor his Tamba Hali. He's a guy who should hit double digit sacks several times during his career. He might never get a DPOY/20 sack season, but he should be able to bring pressure every single down, because he doesn't need to get around the LT to bring pressure, he can get inside, outside, through the LT, and combined with Buckner and Armstead, that should be plenty enough.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Fureys49ers

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would really like this draft, addresses many of our needs and I could get in board with all of the players you have is taking, with Mixon being swapped out for King. With the exit of Brock I don't want to see us freak out so to speak and take multiple CBs early, but with the Jones selection hes more than likely to get redshirted atleast half the year anyways so we'll be able to find out what we have in Redmond and Robinson as our 1 and 2 as I believe they both fit our new scheme very well. I would like to see one CB added in the middle rounds and since this draft is so deep at CB there will be some solid choices available then. Again I will say that a good secondary does not make anteams pass rush better, fix the pass rush and give our young CBs and new FS in Ward an easier time.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
GANNDMK wrote:

His hands usage is amazing, though, and that's really what distinguishes a one dimensional speed rusher from an actual sack artist. His lack of speed might result in fewer sacks than a faster guy would. I think his floor his Tamba Hali. He's a guy who should hit double digit sacks several times during his career. He might never get a DPOY/20 sack season, but he should be able to bring pressure every single down, because he doesn't need to get around the LT to bring pressure, he can get inside, outside, through the LT, and combined with Buckner and Armstead, that should be plenty enough.

I see him as a consistent 10-12 sack guy with an occasional really good season of 13-15. That's way better than we've had in a long time, and there's no one else we could take as a pass rusher that I feel anywhere near that confident about.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
GANNDMK wrote:

Ok, thanks Rudy
rudyZ

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GANNDMK wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
GANNDMK wrote:

Ok, thanks Rudy

Just an opinion, though. He might hit ceiling faster than I expect in the NFL, who knows. But he's as skilled as they come, just not as fast as one would dream of. But look over the year how many premier pass rushers were in the 4.8s, and you'll see you don't have to be a burner to get production.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
John232

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a big Rivers fan at all but I don't see how he drops that late. Don't get sleeper hype. He's a big time project who doesn't flash on the field in the same way Willis or Bowser do.

Aside from that, a great mock. Curtis Samuel is a bit redundant considering our roster but in this case, you believe he's the best WR out there and you get him, so that's good.

xsaMainevent on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: