Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

BF323 Mock 1.0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bearsfan323

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject: BF323 Mock 1.0 Reply with quote

1. Jamal Adams, S, LSU
---Adams fills a need, and not only that, but his leadership (which Pace typically loves in round 2) has met its match with his athleticism (which Pace typically loves in round 1). Knowing Pace, I'd be really surprised if this isn't the pick if he's on the board

2. Cordrea Tankersley, CB, Clemson
---Tankersley is a tough, physical corner who was a leader for Clemson. He has played in many big games. The Bears defense is really good outside of the secondary, and Adams and Tankersley can fill big needs

3. Davis Webb, QB, California
---I watched a lot of P12 football as I'm a USC fan, and while Webb isn't perfect, he does have a lot of upside. Daniel Jeremiah, for instance, believes he's the best QB in this class

4. Isaiah Ford, WR, Virginia Tech
---I'm not sure if Ford will ever be a great player, but I'm also not sure Pace will take a WR higher with his FA additions. So, we're looking at a player of Ford's potential, which isn't great. He can run and has great length, but he needs to get stronger

4. Erik Magnuson, OT, Michigan
---Tough, mean, well coached. Magnuson can be a solid RT for years and maybe even beat out Massie in camp

5. Michael Roberts, TE, Toledo
---Roberts is a small school player but has had a great career

7. I'Tavius Mathers, RB, Middle Tennessee
---Fast, COP RB to offset Howard's power
WindyCity

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could live with it.

I think the key positions are covered, but we need some DL help.
Sugashane

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magnuson is starting to look more like a guard to me. If he gets stronger he might be a solid option on the outside, as he has good feet.

In not a fan of Webb but I'd be happy to let him develop and become competition for the spot later.

Top two picks are high ceiling players, and I've been on the Roberts wagon for a while. I know next to nothing about Ford and know absolutely nothing on Mathets so I'll default to your judgment there.

I'd be content with the ceiling floor these players, but Webb may not be able to even challenge Sanchez this year.

Adopt a Bear - Kyle Long (Two Season Streak)
gah112

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Webb will go earlier than round 3 and I'm not sure he'll ever be successful, but he's an intriguing prospect with a lot of potential. I'd be happy picking him in the 3rd as a developmental QB.
51to54

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen much tape on all of the QB's, but I watched 2 games worth of Webb plus I watched a bit of his 2016 games on live TV and I did not see a single 'wow' throw. Most of his throws seem to be merely extended handoffs to WR via screens and quick reads and the passes were usually just in the general area of the receiver and rarely put into a position where the receiver could just catch and run.

Given his ranking as one of the top 5-6 QB in this draft I wonder what he's done in the other games.

I'm not sure what QB's will still be available for our 3rd round pick so he may easily be the highest ranked QB on the board then.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bring back Jordan Lynch at QB.
HuskieBear

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
Bring back Jordan Lynch at QB.
'

Love Lynch. He's the RBs coach at NIU now

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: