Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock with 1st round Trade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LFOX21

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:09 pm    Post subject: Mock with 1st round Trade Reply with quote

Redskins send pick #17 to the Saints for pick 30 and 42

Saints move up to take Zach Cunningham, jumping a number of teams including steelers, Oakland, Miami, and Giants who are interested in him.

1)30 TJ WATT OLB/Edge Wisconsin- will give us a much better pass rush and the kid has a motor! With Preston not developing, gallete not reliable, and murphy suspended it makes too much sense. Pair him with Kerrigan and we have a deadly duo at OLB

2)42 Caleb Brantley DL Florida- another no brainer. He instantly improves our D line and helps us stop the run! With acquiring the saints 2nd round pick we are able to not reach for him

2)49 Joe Mixon RB Oklahoma- yes he has a past but there is no denying the talent of not for the incident I think he would of been the top back on a lot of. Boards. We give a second chance to him and he becomes our star RB

3)81 Sidney Jones CB Washington- many may say No to this but this guy was a top 15 pick before his injury. Breeland is in the last year of his contract and when Jones comes back him and Norman will be a hell of a combo

4)114 Issac Asiata OG Utah- instant upgrade over lauvao. He starts right away and allows us to cut lauvao and save some cash, good value

4)124 Eddie Vanderdoes NT UCLA- Finally a true Nose tackle. In my opinion one of the most underrated Dlineman in the draft! I'm huge on the guy!

5)154 Kendall Beckwith ILB LSU- I've seen him slide in a few drafts to the 5th and if he does it's great value. Eventually he takes over for foster, and becomes a solid starter

6)201 Stacy Coley WR Miami- was great at the U and with a lot of WR on 1 year deals and with Grant not helping much he adds to an already pretty good WR group

6)209 Kyle Fuller OC Baylor- Long is in his last year of his contract and Sullivan is gone. Smart move for line depth and potential to start after a year

7)220 Ezra Robinson CB Tennessee St.- good depth player who has the time to improve his craft and he can play the slot. Dunbar and breeland could be gone next year

7)235 Charles Walker DL Oklahoma- can never have too much depth on the DL, it's gonna look conpletely different this year, I'm not sold on Taylor or ionidis

So this took me a while to do and while I did not grab a safety or QB I think I hit some pretty important needs on both sides of the ball especially defense. I honestly think this whole draft class after two years will be starting with the exception of 2 or 3 but that they all can contribute and make this team better! I'm sure a lot of you will question the watt mixon and jones signings.
lavar703

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can't take Joe Mixon. The PR for this team is bad enough as it is.
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like the trade back or the drafting of TJ Watt or Mixon. I agree with Lavar about Mixon.

People are sleeping on Preston Smith. He didn't have a great year, but he wasn't bad either. I believe he had the most qb pressures/hurries on the team. I forget the exact article and what it said but both HTTR & I posted an article after the season that proved he had a better season than what most skins fans thought last year.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000781911/article/denver-broncos-lead-list-of-top10-pass-rushing-teams

9) Washington Redskins (2.83 average distance to quarterback)

Quote:
The Washington defense was worked over on the ground this year, but their secondary and front seven are littered with talented players. Second-year edge defender Preston Smith is their best pass-rushers, ranking 16th in the NFL with 4.03 yards of distance to the quarterback at the time of throw or sack. Smith racked up 13 sacks over his first two seasons. Ryan Kerrigan led the team this year with 11 sacks. Both he and Trent Murphy finished above the NFL average in the Next Gen Stats individual pressure metric for edge players with 100-plus rush attempts.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
LFOX21

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my thing. I honestly don't see anyone at 17 worth taking that can be an immediate impact on our defense unless we take a corner in the first. If Allen or foster were to fall to us I would be all over it! But I don't think taking a dalvin cook, mccafrey, peppers, or McDowell who we will probably have a pick of are worth the pick. Especially with what we need on this team.

Yes we have Preston and it's true maybe his season wasn't as bad as we thought but.... do you count on him to start every game and be a top OLB? I just don't see it. If reddick falls to us I consider him too

why take mcdowell when we can get just as good a DL in the 2nd

Why draft peppers if we have sua

Why take a running back in the first when kelly is sercicable?

Why take a G in the first?

Why reach for Brantley?

Do we take Cunningham or reddick if they are there?

We don't need a WR

Corner seems to be the only thing I could think of as far as value where we pick unless we take Cunningham but is he that much of an upgrade right away than foster when we could get jared Davis or McMillan in the 2nd?

This is the first year that I honestly have no idea what to think of who to draft at 17. Praying Allen or foster falls
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LFOX21 wrote:
This is my thing. I honestly don't see anyone at 17 worth taking that can be an immediate impact on our defense unless we take a corner in the first. If Allen or foster were to fall to us I would be all over it! But I don't think taking a dalvin cook, mccafrey, peppers, or McDowell who we will probably have a pick of are worth the pick. Especially with what we need on this team.

Yes we have Preston and it's true maybe his season wasn't as bad as we thought but.... do you count on him to start every game and be a top OLB? I just don't see it. If reddick falls to us I consider him too

why take mcdowell when we can get just as good a DL in the 2nd

Why draft peppers if we have sua

Why take a running back in the first when kelly is sercicable?

Why take a G in the first?

Why reach for Brantley?

Do we take Cunningham or reddick if they are there?

We don't need a WR

Corner seems to be the only thing I could think of as far as value where we pick unless we take Cunningham but is he that much of an upgrade right away than foster when we could get jared Davis or McMillan in the 2nd?

This is the first year that I honestly have no idea what to think of who to draft at 17. Praying Allen or foster falls
Either of those ILBs (Reddick or Cunningham) would be immediate starters, McDowell would be an immediate starter, even if we took Peppers I think he would be an immediate starter at SS over Cravens and Cravens would go back to being just a dime ILB/3rd safety.

I actually question your corner theory more. I don't think there will be a corner we could take at 17 that would come in and start over Breeland and that corner might not even beat out Fuller to be our 3rd corner.

I think we could certainly take a corner at some point to develop but I think the corner we would take in round 1 this year would end up being our #4 corner for at least this year.

McDowell is worth the pick, Reddick & Cunnigham are worth the pick.
They would all come in and be starters right away, through their whole rookie deal and hopefully on a second contract after their rookie deal.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MKnight82

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turtle I don't agree on McDowell, he's way too raw no way he would start this year.

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
Turtle I don't agree on McDowell, he's way too raw no way he would start this year.
So you start Hood or Lanier over him? That seems questionable also. Me personally, I'd put the best talent on the field and let them play and develop. Just like we should have done with Cravens last year and like what the Steelers did with Sean Davis and Burns last year and Tuitt back in 2014. Tuitt had these same question marks but the talent was undeniable.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: