Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cheese Curds: Green Bay Packer Updates
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 40, 41, 42  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobSacamano wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
BobSacamano wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
I feel kind of bad for him.

I mean the family issues is his own fault, but he has like nobody outside of football. Confused

and once he starts to decline, then what?

You buds with Aaron or his family to know that or just making uninformed assumptions based on what you see on reality TV/ read? I'm guessing the latter. No one knows why they have issues aside from he and his family really and its also really not anyone else's concern.

If its nobodies concern then why respond?

Its not uneducated to say he's had a part in that fallout, even if the news/TV talk is only half true. There is something of substance at work. That, and typically fallouts aren't one sided affairs. It is his own fault. Its probably his family's fault too.

You didn't say he was a part of it. You stated it was his fault.

Now you're back tracking to say he could have been part of it and it is probably his family's fault too. Which is probably smarter because almost anyone making assumptions about the situation is doing so out of ignorance.

I don't know what happened there and neither do you, so it's really not smart to start assigning blame on people in a situation you're not familiar with is the point.

Is that not assumed? For it to be his fault, whether entirely or partially, he had to take part in it.

For it to be his family's fault, whether entirely or partially, they had to take part in it.

It is his fault. To the extent it falls on him I don't know. It is his own fault though. (Unless I'm using the expression wrong of "being ones own fault", in which it is synonymous with "being ones fault entirely". I don't mean that.)

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh gawd, let it go.

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
vike daddy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the Packers decided not to out-bid the Lions for veteran guard T.J. Lang last month, it was business as usual: The Packers don’t overspend in free agency, and when a soon-to-be 30-year-old guard with a hip injury hits free agency, that’s the type of player you’d expect to leave in Green Bay.

Nonetheless, it apparently didn’t sit well with Green Bay’s coaching staff. According to Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, the Packers’ coaches were incensed that G.M. Ted Thompson let Lang get away in free agency. McGinn suggests that longtime Packers offensive line coach James Campen was working hard to keep Lang and was particularly upset when the Packers didn’t keep him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/23/report-packers-coaches-incensed-ted-thompson-let-t-j-lang-walk/

Heimdallr

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure that happens all the time. I bet most coaches love 90% of their players and fight to keep them all. That is why it is best to have someone who isn't working with them on a day-to-day basis making the tough calls.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:

Nonetheless,... Green Bay’s coaching staff....

...were incensed that G.M. Ted Thompson let Lang get away in free agency.

...longtime Packers offensive line coach James Campen was working hard to keep Lang and was particularly upset when the Packers didn’t keep him.

James was not a happy Campen?
Very Happy
vike daddy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that the Packers are signing Jahri Evans.

Evans has played for the Saints for the last 11 seasons, although he did spend last offseason with the Seahawks before being released and returning to New Orleans. He started every game for the Saints after making that return to the roster and has 169 career starts in the NFL.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/26/report-jahri-evans-signing-with-packers/

vike daddy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Packers went into the third day of the draft with three running backs on the 90-man roster. They ended it with twice as many after drafting three running backs in the final four rounds. They took BYU’s Jamaal Williams in the fourth round, Texas-El Paso’s Aaron Jones in the fifth and Utah State’s Devante Mays in the seventh to increase their backfield options for the 2017 season.

For now, though, those players are only options for the No. 2 job on the depth chart. Packers coach Mike McCarthy said on Saturday that Ty Montgomery remains the starter after making the permanent move from wide receiver last season.

McCarthy: “Absolutely, Montgomery is our starting running back. The goal is to have the most competitive 90-man roster as you possibly can and you want that competition as high as it possibly can be in each position room. We obviously had some positions where numbers were not very high, and now after these three days, I think we have a competitive roster — a very competitive roster.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/30/ty-montgomery-absolutely-the-starting-running-back-in-green-bay/

vike daddy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green Bay was shopping backup quarterback Brett Hundley and came close to making a deal on the second day of the draft, ESPN reports. There’s no word on which teams the Packers talked to or what kinds of offers they got, but the report says the Packers still believe they can get “much more” than a fifth-round pick for the quarterback they drafted in the fifth round in 2015.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/30/report-packers-came-close-to-trading-brett-hundley-on-friday/

VikeManDan

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Green Bay was shopping backup quarterback Brett Hundley and came close to making a deal on the second day of the draft, ESPN reports. There’s no word on which teams the Packers talked to or what kinds of offers they got, but the report says the Packers still believe they can get “much more” than a fifth-round pick for the quarterback they drafted in the fifth round in 2015.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/30/report-packers-came-close-to-trading-brett-hundley-on-friday/

Aren't some of their fans hoping he can be swapped for a 2nd rounder?

"My purpose will not be denied."
- Teddy Bridgewater 9/1/16
vike daddy

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Packers spent Day 3 of the draft bolstering their depth at running back, and Christine Michael is the latest casualty of that strategy. Michael will be released, ESPN reports. Michael is the second Packers running back to get cut today, following Don Jackson.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/05/01/after-drafting-three-running-backs-packers-boot-christine-michael/

vike daddy

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packers rookie linebacker Vince Biegel might miss the start of training camp, after needing foot surgery.

According to Rob Demovsky of ESPN, the fourth-round pick from Wisconsin had surgery last week to repair a Jones fracture. The same problem cost him two games last year at Wisconsin. Surgery now will put the start of training camp in jeopardy.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/05/15/packers-rookie-linebacker-vince-biegel-has-foot-surgery/

vike daddy

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packers coach Mike McCarthy has proven he’s willing to stick with the people he trusts. It worked before in the case of kicker Mason Crosby, and now he’s applying the same principle to defensive coordinator Dom Capers. Just as he was willing to ride out Crosby’s 2012 slump and has been rewarded with four straight seasons of dependable kicking, McCarthy’s hoping the Packers bounce back quickly after ranking 31st in the league in pass defense last year. That means the 66-year-old Capers is coming back, despite mounting criticism.

McCarthy: "Well, going back to the Mason Crosby comment, and obviously applying that to the question about Dom, I think it’s important to recognize, as far answering your question about it being easy to make that change, it would give everybody a breath of fresh air. I think all of us in life have always gone through experiences in our past that you may have quit on something just to get that fresh, new start, and it feels good but in hindsight it was not the best thing for you. I know I have personally. So I’ve always held true to that in my decision-making process.”

Of course, the performance of the Packers defense last year, and their secondary in particular, can easily be traced to the injuries that piled up in spots. So the Packers used their first four draft picks on that side of the ball, going secondary with their first two (cornerback Kevin King and safety Josh Jones).

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/05/19/mike-mccarthy-trusts-his-process-and-dom-capers/

vike daddy

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Packers wanted to add some speed to their secondary this offseason, but this probably isn’t what they had in mind. According to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Packers safety Jermaine Whitehead was cited for doing 110 mph on Interstate 43, with three teammates in the car. Whitehead was stopped at 3:39 a.m. on May 19, while driving in a 70 mph zone between Milwaukee and Sheboygan. When the officer stopped him, he said he needed to be at Lambeau Field in a few hours for workouts.

“Jermaine originally said he was going 75 to 80 when I asked him how fast he was driving,” deputy sheriff Chad Baumann wrote in the incident report. “I told him his speed (110 mph) and the fact he was passing a semi at a high rate of speed. He did not contest this speed.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/05/24/packers-safety-cant-drive-55-but-can-double-it/

vike daddy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very interesting first person article from Jermichael Finley, about his career ending injury and the therapy that "re-set his brain," as he puts it:

They interviewed me about all the big hits I had taken in my career — the stingers, the knockouts, the neck injury. Then they hooked me up this machine that monitors the activity in the brain to figure out which parts of my brain were working and which weren’t working as good as they should. They basically made a map of my brain.

The doctors told me that when you get a concussion — and remember, I had five — it can have long-lasting effects on the way certain areas of the brain work. By looking at the map of my brain, they identified those areas, and then they put me on a program that stimulated them to improve brain function. They basically reset my brain to get the different parts working together again the way they’re supposed to.

Just having that discussion with them was huge for me. I had been thinking that this whole thing was something that would pass over time. That it was temporary. I’d figure it out. Now, for the first time, somebody was telling me, This isn’t your fault. Something is doing this to you. And we can fix it.

They had all kinds of neuro training exercises and routines they put me through, but a lot of it was centered around meditation and intense emotional therapy sessions. The exercises and therapy were to stimulate the parts of my brain that were running slow, and the mediation was to slow down the parts of my brain that were going a mile a minute

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/jermichael-finley-packers-injury-retirement/

disaacs

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Packers cornerback Davon House was stuck in an airport and frustrated, so he did what many people do — he complained about it on Twitter.

When House landed in the Twin Cities around 11 p.m., he had missed his connection and was faced with the prospect of being late for OTAs in nine hours. But brothers Chad and Mike Johnson saw his electronic SOS and offered to drive him to Green Bay.

Ignoring the advice of every mom everywhere and accepting a ride from strangers, House began the four-hour jaunt across Wisconsin with two guys he only met through social media.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/06/never-mind-uber-davon-house-hitches-a-ride-via-twitter/

If they had been Vikings' fans, they would have drove him to Davenport, IA instead.

Thx to Lil Uno!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 41 of 42

Jump to: