You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TIRT v10: Little Brothers Update
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlondeonBlonde

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HorizontoZenith wrote:
People are nuts if they think it's a good idea for us to get Sherman.

1. He wouldn't be able to do what he does in Seattle if he played here. Therefore, he means more to Seattle and a lot of other teams than he does to us.

2. He is 29 years old. Don't say, "We got Woodson at 30," we signed Woodson at 30. There's a significant difference. Additionally, Woodson was a sub 4.4 prospect, and Sherman was barely a sub 4.6 prospect. Woodson thrived in every single role he was put in. Sherman wouldn't.

3. It would cost us more than it would cost other teams. Unless people here actually think that the Seahawks would trade their best player of the last 7 years to their biggest conference rival over the past 7 years.

4. Seahawks want a player plus a high pick. Where's that player coming from? You want to give up OL and then our first? WR? Damarious Randall? Who are we giving up, and is a high pick a first or a second?

I think some people don't think.

Comparing the two is laughable. I completely agree that Sherman will not age well.
HorizontoZenith

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate that Tony Romo has a broadcasting job and isn't going to the Texans because Phil Simms farted in the broadcast booth.
squire12

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the division "rivals" 2017 draft picks

Chicago
1.2 Mitchell Tribusky, QB
2.45 Adam Shaheen, TE
4.112 Eddie Jackson, S
4.119 Tarik Cohen, RB
5.147 Jordan Morgan, OG

Detroit
1.21 Jarrad Davis, LB
2.53 Teez Tabor, CB
3.96 Kenny Golladay, WR
4.124 Jalen Reeves-Maybin, LB
4.127 Michael Roberts, TE
5.165 Jamal Agnew, CB
6.205 Jeremiah Ledbetter, DE
6.215 Brad Kaaya, QB
7.250 Pat O’Connor, DE

Minnesota
2.41 Dalvin Cook, RB
3.70 Pat Elfein, OC
4.109 Jaleel Johnson, DT
4.120 Ben Gedeon, LB
5.170 Rodney Adams, WR
5.180 Danny Isidora, OG
6.201 Bucky Hodges, TE
7.219 Stacy Coley, WR
7.220 Ideadi Odenigbo, DL
7.232 Elijah Lee, LB
7.245 Jack Tocho, CB
Shanedorf

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

squire12 wrote:
Here is the division "rivals" 2017 draft picks

Obviously inferior, across the board.
Not sure why we even have to play the games. Cool
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

now I need to go check the Vikings thread about us to see how bad they're saying our draft was
CWood21

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Chicago
1.2 Mitchell Tribusky, QB
2.45 Adam Shaheen, TE
4.112 Eddie Jackson, S
4.119 Tarik Cohen, RB
5.147 Jordan Morgan, OG

First off, I have no issues with a franchise going up and grabbing their franchise QB if they truly believe they have one. While I don't share that same optimism regarding Trubisky, I don't have a huge issue with them making the move up. It's not a huge hit in terms of draft picks, or at least ones that are recoverable. And if Trubisky does flop, it's not setting back the franchise like the trades that the Chiefs and Texans made. At the end of the day, they'd only have given up was a few years of development. As for Adam Shaheen, he's an odd player to give a fair evaluation given his level of competition and quite frankly I think the Bears would have been better staying at their original pick and selecting Forrest Lamp. I believe they should have done more to fill up their OL and grabbing Lamp to pair with Cody Whitehair and Kyle Long would have made a tremendous IOL. I do like Eddie Jackson as a value pick, although I'm not sure he's gonna offer more than Adrian Amos already does. He's a guy who I think will be a solid pro, but constantly make you look for more. Don't really see the Bears as a team who should be looking to at gadget players. Morgan didn't really do anything for me, and probably nothing more than depth at this point.

Quote:
Detroit
1.21 Jarrad Davis, LB
2.53 Teez Tabor, CB
3.96 Kenny Golladay, WR
4.124 Jalen Reeves-Maybin, LB
4.127 Michael Roberts, TE
5.165 Jamal Agnew, CB
6.205 Jeremiah Ledbetter, DE
6.215 Brad Kaaya, QB
7.250 Pat O’Connor, DE

LOVE me some Jarrad Davis, and if he would have stayed healthy this year I absolutely believe he would have been a top-20 pick. Really good pick for them. Teez Tabor is a bit of a questionable pick as short, slow corners generally don't tend to value highly, and they don't age very well either. Add in some personality quirks, and I'm not sure he's the guy I would have gambled on. Sure, the Lions need more help in the secondary and Tabor is talented, but just enough red flags to scare me off. Wasn't a fan of Golloday that early, and Reeves-Maybin is talented although again like Tabor had enough red flags for me to drop him several rounds. Aside from that, you got Michael Roberts whose a solid depth pick at TE and Brad Kaaya as a potential long term backup. Aside from that, seems like they just grabbed guys to grab guys. Would have liked to see them grab another OL or two though.

Quote:
Minnesota
2.41 Dalvin Cook, RB
3.70 Pat Elfein, OC
4.109 Jaleel Johnson, DT
4.120 Ben Gedeon, LB
5.170 Rodney Adams, WR
5.180 Danny Isidora, OG
6.201 Bucky Hodges, TE
7.219 Stacy Coley, WR
7.220 Ideadi Odenigbo, DL
7.232 Elijah Lee, LB
7.245 Jack Tocho, CB

Really was surprised that their target with the trade up was Dalvin Cook, and not Joe Mixon. Still, probably one of the more plug 'n play RBs in this draft he should help fill the shoes that were left when Adrian Peterson was released. Don't really have any strong feelings toward Elfein although I think he's a solid starting C, but nothing special. Likewise, I think Jaleel Johnson can give them solid reps and I think Gedeon is a lower end starting ILB in his best case sceneario. Solid value pick in Danny Isidora and Bucky Hodges. Isidora was a pure OG prospect to me, which hurt his value but given how poor the Vikings OL was I think there's a good chance he could crack the starting lineup as a rookie. Hodges is an oversized WR, which isn't a bad thing and gives Sam Bradford another weapon to play with. The rest is just meh for me. Overall, I think they had a solid draft which given that they're not picking in the first round seems about what they should have been going for.

PackFan4Life wrote:
I have been pooping like a unicorn for two days and it is freaky.

bkobow05 wrote:
So this is what DCR feels like on Saturdays...
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bears could've left this draft with Jamal Adams and Sidney Jones/Quincy Wilson or Marshon Lattimore and Budda Baker.

Instead they pulled a stupid trade up (I have no issue with the QB, but let things fall as they may, if Trubisky got to 3, take him) and then used their next picks in odd small school development guys at some of the most unimportant positions on the field. Truly bad draft.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.thescore.com/news/1297153

lol
incognito_man

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol @ Long

and the bears are gonna be so bad for quite awhile. yeesh, that team is talent void.
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
Bears could've left this draft with Jamal Adams and Sidney Jones/Quincy Wilson or Marshon Lattimore and Budda Baker.

Instead they pulled a stupid trade up (I have no issue with the QB, but let things fall as they may, if Trubisky got to 3, take him) and then used their next picks in odd small school development guys at some of the most unimportant positions on the field. Truly bad draft.

All sources suggest that the 49er's were taking Solomon Thomas one way or another...
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Field Yates‏Verified account
@FieldYates

Follow
More
Source: former Packers & Seahawks RB Christine Michael visited the Patriots yesterday. Busy RB offseason in New England.

Patriots making all the smart moves again.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
@FieldYates

Follow
More
Source: former Packers & Seahawks RB Christine Michael visited the Patriots yesterday. Busy RB offseason in New England.

wow

guess we're just satisfied with never winning the organization another Super Bowl

How can he dig a hole if he's too busy sitting on his hands?
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
@FieldYates

Follow
More

wow

guess we're just satisfied with never winning the organization another Super Bowl

We're allowing the rich to get richer.

If the Pats wanting him and we just let him go without getting ANY compensation?!?!?!
CentralFC

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
@FieldYates

Follow
More

wow

If the Pats wanting him and we just let him go without getting ANY compensation?!?!?!

TT's seriously flopping on this one too. Lost a legitimate playmaker with ELITE burst.

How can he dig a hole if he's too busy sitting on his hands?
Cadmus

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
@FieldYates

Follow
More

wow

TT's seriously flopping on this one too. Lost a legitimate playmaker with ELITE burst.

No doubt.

How else could he get from GB to NE so fast?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 41 of 44

Jump to: