Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vikings looking to pillage a new suburb?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Klomp

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watch the intro video shown at today's groundbreaking ceremony as the Vikings, along with partners Twin Cities Orthopedics (TCO), the City of Eagan, Crawford Architects and Kraus-Anderson Construction Company, today celebrated the official groundbreaking of the Twin Cities Orthopedics Performance Center and TCO Stadium.

http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/videos/Vikings_Introduce_TCO_Performance_Center/3cfaff0a-e8fd-4b4c-a160-4d4c41fec142

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I missed in the video but did they give a completion date?
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TENINCH wrote:
Maybe I missed in the video but did they give a completion date?

summer of 2018.

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
Klomp

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get an aerial look at the future home of the TCO Performance Center, the soon-to-be practice facility of the Vikings, with the club set to move in after the 2017 season.

http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/videos/An-Aerial-Update-On-The-TCO-Performance-Center/9d4383ce-b34a-403f-b85b-259a7590d25a

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
Quote:
Watch as the first steel beams were installed at the TCO Performance Center in Eagan, which is slated to open in the spring of 2018.

http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/videos/First-Steel-Goes-In-At-The-TCO-Performance-Center/67fef61f-dc4d-4ddc-b9c2-87ab6a58d0c8

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks...I forgot about this thread. Wink

Thx to Lil Uno!
Klomp

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:

That's why I'm a mod....and you're not! Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
disaacs wrote:

That's why I'm a mod....and you're not! Very Happy

No, that's why I stopped being one. I didn't want to have to think about it. Laughing Wink

Thx to Lil Uno!
vike daddy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Vikings announced their intentions to host high school football regular-season games in the fall of 2018 at a Minnesota State High School League board of directors meeting on Thursday morning. The games would be played at TCO Stadium, the outdoor stadium at the Vikings’ proposed new facility, which is scheduled to open March 1, 2018. The field has a capacity of 6,000 people, but can be expanded to hold 10,000.

Lester Bagley, the Vikings’ executive vice president of public affairs and stadium development, said the Vikings also could host lacrosse and soccer games.

Included in the practice facility will be a broadcast studio for the Vikings Entertainment Network. Bagley said the Vikings could broadcast games held in Eagan — on Vikings.com and other mediums, potentially even on TV — with the hope that the studio could be an educational tool for high school students to learn how to broadcast events.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/04/06/vikings-hope-to-host-high-school-football-games-at-eagan-practice-facility-as-early-as-2018/

vike daddy

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Vikings remain on schedule for a March 1, 2018, completion of their 32-acre Eagan practice facility. Current landscaping work includes five outdoor fields and one indoor field, which will have synthetic turf, as will one outdoor surface. Four fields will have grass. A 6,000-seat indoor stadium will have artificial turf, similar to the Vikings’ downtown Minneapolis stadium. Two of the grass outdoor fields will have heating coils and hydroponic systems to keep them playable late into football season.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/04/29/charley-walters-vikings-should-get-a-grade-of-a-for-draft/

Klomp

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
The Vikings remain on schedule for a March 1, 2018, completion of their 32-acre Eagan practice facility. Current landscaping work includes five outdoor fields and one indoor field, which will have synthetic turf, as will one outdoor surface. Four fields will have grass. A 6,000-seat indoor stadium will have artificial turf, similar to the Vikings’ downtown Minneapolis stadium. Two of the grass outdoor fields will have heating coils and hydroponic systems to keep them playable late into football season.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/04/29/charley-walters-vikings-should-get-a-grade-of-a-for-draft/

In there he also said he thinks the Vikings will place a bid to host the NFL Draft in Eagan. After what we witnessed in Philadelphia, I just can't see that being a possibility. I don't think the site plan is conducive to holding an event like that.

I'd actually think holding it inside US Bank Stadium would be more feasible. Set it up somehow so the draft stage is on the open end of the stadium. The green room for the parents could be Club Purple.

That probably won't happen either, but it's interesting to think about.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
vike daddy wrote:

In there he also said he thinks the Vikings will place a bid to host the NFL Draft in Eagan. After what we witnessed in Philadelphia, I just can't see that being a possibility. I don't think the site plan is conducive to holding an event like that.

I'd actually think holding it inside US Bank Stadium would be more feasible. Set it up somehow so the draft stage is on the open end of the stadium. The green room for the parents could be Club Purple.

That probably won't happen either, but it's interesting to think about.

They need to host it somewhere downtown and show off the city. Hosting it in the stadium would be really boring.
Klomp

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TENINCH wrote:
They need to host it somewhere downtown and show off the city. Hosting it in the stadium would be really boring.

I don't think it'd be as feasible here. Plus, is anything even close to as known as the Ben Franklin Parkway where Philly had it? No.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Minnesota Vikings, Crawford Architects, Kraus Anderson and Twin Cities Orthopedics celebrated a major construction milestone on the Twin Cities Orthopedics Performance Center as the last piece of structural steel was installed yesterday. To commemorate the steel “topping off,” construction crews hoisted the final piece of steel, which was recently painted white and signed by Vikings staff and construction workers, into position along with the traditional evergreen tree and American flag.

More than 1,300 tons of steel were installed in the headquarters while 2,200 tons were used for the Vikings indoor practice facility (IPF). The IPF stands at a height of 113 feet with a 100-foot clearance to fully accommodate kicking and punting. The roof trusses span 220 feet from north to south and are 12 feet wide at their midpoint. The steel was fabricated by Ted Mannstedt and Son in La Crosse, WI, and erected by Danny’s Construction Company in Shakopee, MN.

To date, construction crews have logged more than 80,000 hours on the project and more than 130 workers are on site daily. Of the 38 subcontractors awarded work thus far, 32 are Minnesota-based. The project remains on time for a March 2018 opening.

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Vikings-Celebrate-Steel-Topping-Off-At-Twin-Cities-Orthopedics-Performance-Center/8691653c-4aac-483d-8811-e0ecccf1fc83

Klomp

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The players will enjoy a more spacious locker room (with fireplaces!), a large cafeteria overlooking one of the lakes on the 40-acre Vikings campus and major upgrades to their weight room, training room and more.

Free agents typically prioritize money, on-field roles and winning when looking for their new team. The facility where they spend most of their time during the week can be a tiebreaker, though, and is usually more important to players than a stadium they only play in 10-12 times a year.

"First and foremost, we're going to give our players the best possible environment to succeed," Mark Wilf said of TCOPC. "And that's still our ultimate goal, to win Lombardi Trophies. … The facility is going to provide much needed modernization and upgrades that set the pace within the NFL and are critical in recruiting and retaining future players."

http://www.startribune.com/vikings-tout-tco-performance-center-as-best-possible-environment-to-succeed/422816753/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: