You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trent's Bills Mock Draft

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject: Trent's Bills Mock Draft Reply with quote

With just three weeks until the draft I thought I would give another shot at a mock draft. Always love and appreciate the feedback.

Round 1:
1. Cleveland: Myles Garrett
2. SF 49ers: Solomon Thomas
3. Chicago Bears: Jamal Adams
4. Jacksonville: Leonard Fournette
5. Tennessee: Marshon Lattimore
6. NYJ: Malik Hooker
7. LA Chargers: Jonathan Williams
8. Carolina: OJ Howard
9. Cincinnati: Derek Barnett

*Bills trade pick 10 to Indianapolis for pick 15, and pick 80 (round 3)*
10. Indianapolis: Reuben Foster
11. New Orleans: Taco Charlton
12. Cleveland: Mitch Trubisky
13. Arizona: Gareon Conley
14. Philadelphia: Dalvin Cook
15. Buffalo: LB Haason Reddick

- He may not be the sexy pick but this guy is a former walk on S who has worked hard his entire life to reach his dream. He fits the mold of what McDermott wants in his players to a T. Reddick and Alexander can be swapped between SLB/WLB throughout the game which can help create confusion.

Round 2:
Pick 44 Bills select WR Zay Jones

- This just makes so much sense. The Bills have a need and Jones fits the offense where his college WR coach is now the Bills WR coach. Jones immediately brings some respectability to the unit.

Round 3:
Pick 75 Bills select CB Sidney Jones

- A potential top 10 pick falling this far is rather unlikely but with how deep this secondary class is, teams may be more inclined to take an immediate starter in round 2 rather than a redshirt season. If that is the case, Buffalo should be all over Jones at this point.

Pick 80 Bills select OT Adam Bisnowaty

- The thought of Mills or Ducasse playing RT this season keeps me up all night. Hard to say what will happen with Kouandjio so I have the Bills bringing in big reinforcements. He said at the combine he'd love to play for Buffalo and block for fellow Pitt alum Shady McCoy.

Round 5:
Pick 156 Buffalo Selects S Josh Jones

- Bills definitely need some help at S. Hard to say whether or not the staff views Poyer as a starter but a lot of the S they are meeting with are later round prospects so I think its safe to assume they won't address it right away.

Pick 171 Buffalo Selects QB Chad Kelly

- I have been against this pick in the past but for a 5th round flier, I figure why not. He is talented but needs to grow up. If being on the team where his uncle is a living legend and surrounded by high quality vets including Tyrod doesn't turn him around, nothing will.

Round 6:
Pick 195 Buffalo Selects DL Ryan Glasgow

- Bills need some depth along the DL and Glasgow is extremely similar to the aging Kyle Williams. Glasgow will have an impact on ST early and could work his way into a rotational role.

Depth Chart:
QB: Taylor, Jones, Kelly
RB: McCoy, Gilislee, Tolbert, Williams
FB: DiMarco
TE: Clay, O'Leary, Annen
WR: Watkins, Holmes, Jones, Listenbee, Brown, Tate
LT: Glenn, Kouandjio
LG: Incognito
C: Wood, Lewis
RG: Miller, Groy
RT: Bisnowaty, Mills

DE: Hughes, Valles
DT: K. Williams, Washington, Glasgow
NT: Dareus, Worthy
DE: Lawson, Davis
WLB: Reddick, Humber
MLB: Ragland, Brown
SLB: Alexander, UDFA?
CB: Darby, Seymour, Johnson, Roberson, Gaines
FS: Poyer, Anderson
SS: Hyde, Jones

K: Hauschka
P: Schmidt
LS: Reid

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Trust the Process.
cdavls17

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the trade option but I am not a fan of drafting Reddick. If your going to go LB and Foster is there at 10 then you should go Foster as he is a beast and can be McDermott's guy at LB I just dont see Reddick as that top talent. I would much rather go with Mike Williams or Corey Davis or a corner. Those are the top 2 needs. Drafting Sidney Jones isnt something the bills can afford at the moment as they desperately need someone to start right away.

If bills can make the trade with Adams, Lattimore and hooker off the board I am all for it. This is my hope to pick up more picks.

Thanks Max
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realized after I made the draft that I really did nothing to help our secondary this year. But I do think our defense would still improve in this scenario as we`d have a LB who can go sideline to sideline and players who fit well into a heavy zone scheme.

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Trust the Process.
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with cdavls, I like the scenario where we trade down but don't love who you have us taking. I'm not as high on Reddick as you appear to be either.

Despite the reports of Sidney Jones being a redshirt candidate, he seems to think (with his doctor backing him up) that he'll play this year. I'm not against taking him in the 3rd. Let's be real, we aren't going anywhere far this year anyways. Maybe we sneak into the playoffs, but I think year 2 under McDermott is a better and more optimistic outlook.

marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jones isnt a redshirt season. He will play in 2017. Likely starts season on PUP

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: