Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NV post free agency mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NVRamsFan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:50 pm    Post subject: NV post free agency mock Reply with quote

A mock I posted over at ROD this morning. A couple players I've had from day 1 like Roullier and a few I've taken from some others like Hosley and Kittle from Jrry.

Round 2 pick 5: Chris Godwin WR Penn St.

Round 3 pick 5: Howard Wilson CB Houston

Round 4 pick 5: Chase Roullier C Wyoming

Round 4 pick 35: George Kittle TE Iowa

Round 5 pick 5: Eddie Vandervoes DT UCLA

Round 6 pick 5: Joshua Holsey CB Auburn

Round 6 pick 22: Robert Davis WR Georgia St

Round 7 pick 16: Hardy Nickerson JR ILB Illinois

Depth Chart

QB: Goff, Mannion, Murray
RB: Gurley, Dunbar, Brown, Green
XWR: Woods
ZWR: Godwin
Slot: Austin (Depth for all positions Cooper, Thomas, Bradley, North, Spruce and McRoberts)
TE: Higbee, Kittle, Harkey, Hemingway
LT: Whitworth, Murphy
LG: Saffold, Brown
C: Sullivan, Roullier
RG: Havenstein, Whichman
RT: Robinson, Donnal

DE: Donald, Longacre
NT: Walker, Vandervoes
DE: Brockers, Easley
OLB: Quinn, Fox
ILB: Ogletree, Forrest
ILB: Barron, Nickerson Jr
OLB: Barwin, Littleton, Grigsby
CB: Johnson, Holsey
CB: Webster, Hill, Countess
CB: Wilson, Gaines
FS: Joyner, Davis, Christian
SS: Alexander, Randolph

Add two WR with good size and ability to catch the ball and also have respectable speed. Two good CB again with good size and good man skills. A TE that's a good blocker and underrated pass catcher to pair with Higbee. A Center who can sit this year behind Sullivan and will be the man of the future. A NT to pair with Walker in a nice rotation it also allows Brockers to move outside to LDE. And a young ILB because one question a lot of us seem to have is what will our ILB look like. Most don't like and don't want Barron there. Couple that with the fact that Tree is a free agent next year and Barron enters the first year of a minimal cap hit if he's cut. Wade in Denver made use of late round or UDFA ILB. Nickerson is not spectacular on tape but is just a tackle machine.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO thats quite early for all the players rounds 2-4. Especially Howard Wilson who as Ive said in jrry's mock that has him is a late day 3 pick IMO.

Covers all the bases with some decent players, just not getting good enough value for me to love it.

1. Corey Davis, WR, WMU
2. Forrest Lamp, G/C, WKU
3. Evan Engram, TE, Ole Miss
4. JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, USC
chris00cm

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Godwin...

Also a big fan of the Vanderdoes pick.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
IMO thats quite early for all the players rounds 2-4. Especially Howard Wilson who as Ive said in jrry's mock that has him is a late day 3 pick IMO.

Covers all the bases with some decent players, just not getting good enough value for me to love it.

Tony Pauline is blowing smoke out of his rear end. Howard Wilson is not a late Day 3 pick.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:

Tony Pauline is blowing smoke out of his rear end. Howard Wilson is not a late Day 3 pick.

I mean regardless of what he thinks he is, I wouldnt take him until day 3.

1. Corey Davis, WR, WMU
2. Forrest Lamp, G/C, WKU
3. Evan Engram, TE, Ole Miss
4. JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, USC
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:

I mean regardless of what he thinks he is, I wouldnt take him until day 3.

Ideally, we'd get him in the 4th round. But I won't be complaining if we get him in the 3rd. He's a player.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:

Fair enough, I think the first two rounds are going to be a huge run on edge and CB. We will see 12-15 of each gone by the time our 3rd round pick hits.
LARams91

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert Davis.....I highly approve, dude balls
RamPackFan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it! I do think Roullier is picked way too early, IMO.
NVRamsFan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamPackFan wrote:

Nah if you wait till the 7th like your mock you'll be regretting missing all the good centers Smile
RamPackFan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NVRamsFan wrote:
RamPackFan wrote:

Nah if you wait till the 7th like your mock you'll be regretting missing all the good centers Smile

lol..I changed it already Smile

but, "wait" for a center? Didn't we just sign Sullivan? Do we need to get a center in the early 4th now that we signed him or do you think we should prioritize addressing other glaring needs first? One extreme to the other, eh? You don't necessarily have to wait til the 7th like I did mine but you won't NEED to spend a 4th on a decent contributing center as well. I'm willing to bet there will be plenty left to choose from that will fit just nicely in rounds 5-7. I'm willing to bet Rouiller goes no higher than mid 5th unless he's rated in the top 5 now at his postion?
NVRamsFan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamPackFan wrote:
NVRamsFan wrote:
RamPackFan wrote:

but, "wait" for a center? Didn't we just sign Sullivan? Do we need to get a center in the early 4th now that we signed him or do you think we should prioritize addressing other glaring needs first? One extreme to the other, eh? You don't necessarily have to wait til the 7th like I did mine but you won't NEED to spend a 4th on a decent contributing center as well. I'm willing to bet there will be plenty left to choose from that will fit just nicely in rounds 5-7. I'm willing to bet Rouiller goes no higher than mid 5th unless he's rated in the top 5 now at his postion?

Sullivan is a stop gap and nothing more. He's 32 and had some back injuries which is never good long term for a guy on the OLine.
RamPackFan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NVRamsFan wrote:
RamPackFan wrote:
NVRamsFan wrote:
RamPackFan wrote:

Sullivan is a stop gap and nothing more. He's 32 and had some back injuries which is never good long term for a guy on the OLine.

who do you have ranked as your top 5 centers?

also (I didn't realize after I and responded), I had us drafting Magnuson in the 5th, who can play RT,G, and has Center capabilities, so I actually didn't "wait" til the 7th afterall. Laughing

I really LOVE your first 5 picks though and would be very happy if that was the outcome. Kittle is one of my favorites after Engram and I'm hoping we get him if we go a different route with our #37 pick. I just thought Roulllier could be had later on...just my opinion though. I'm always blown away each and every draft year by some of the picks anyways so who the heck really knows.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: