Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Offense finally Round 1 Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bobby816

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: Offense finally Round 1 Mock Reply with quote

2017 New York Jets Remaining Off-season

CUTS:

Marcus Gilchrist:
I've always thought he's average and overrated. We wait and cut him once we add a S in the draft.

David Harris:
Costs way to much for a guy that can only play 2 downs and is slow. In a rebuild you can't keep guys like this.

TRADES:

Jets trade Sheldon Richardson to Dallas for there 3rd Round draft pick.

FREE AGENCY:

ILB: Gerald Hodges
We need an immediate replacement for Harris and Hodges can fill that gap on a 1 year deal.

DRAFT:

***** Did You Really think we'd draft offense? Of course not... We're the Jets ***

1st: Malik Hooker (FS/Ohio State)
The more I think about it, the more it makes sense we draft him. Trust me I'd much rather an offensive playmaker like Fournette, Cook or Howard.
Hooker is a great cover FS that plays the CF role great. His tackling and lack of experience aren't exactly pros, but I think they're fixable.

2nd: Christian McCaffrey (RB/Stanford)
I think this guy is tougher than some are giving him credit for. We haven't had an explosive player like this in quite some time. He's what we need at RB to mix in with Powell and Forte. He can play immediately too as a RB/WR as a rookie and be our return man as well.

3rd: Gerald Everett (TE/South Alabama)
He's raw but has a lot of tools. For me he's a bigger version of Enunwa.

3rd (from Dallas): Pat Elfein (C/Ohio State)
Competition at C for Johnson. The last OSU C we got worked out great, so why not.

3rd (comp): Channing Stribbling (CB/Michigan)
Great size and is a press corner that plays physical. Harbaugh loves this guy and I respect his opinion.

4th: (traded away last draft to get OT Brandon Shell)

5th: Jalen Reeves-Maybin (ILB/Tennessee)
Athletic fast sideline to sideline LB much like Lee. We need speed on our defense. We have great size on the D Line to allow smaller guys at ILB. Put these fast guys with great instincts at the LB spots to make tackles and not be mismatches in coverage. Good pass rushing skill from this guy as well. Can add 10-20lbs in the next couple years and has ST value right away as well.

6th: Darius English (OLB/South Carolina)
His weight is the only thing keeping him from being a 3rd-5th Rounder. He's light for a guy 6'6" we try and utilize him on ST while adding weight on him.

7th: Eddy Piniero (K/Florida)
Highly touted kicker with a monster leg. (He's hit a 77yd FG). Piniero vs Catanzaro in pre season.

QB: McCown vs Petty vs Hackenberg
RB: Powell, McCaffrey, Forte
WR: Decker, Enunwa, Anderson, Patton, Smith, Peake, Marshall
TE: Everett, ASJ, Escobar
LT: Beachum, Qvale
LG: Carpenter, Dozier
C: Johnson, Eflein
RG: Winters
RT: Shell, Ijalana

DE: Wilkerson, Williams, Thomas, Johnson
DT: McClendon, Simon, Pennel
OLB: Mauldin, Jenkins, English, Martin
ILB: Lee, Brown, Reeves-Maybin, Jones
CB: Claiborne, Burris, Skrine, Stribbling, Williams, Marshall
FS: Hooker, Middleton
SS: Pryor, Miles

K: Piniero vs Catanzaro
P: Edwards
LS: Purdum
Bianconero

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love McCaffrey but I think he's going to go in the first

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianconero wrote:

Me too, Mc Caffery, is also a top KO & Punt returner.
PaulieIceman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianconero wrote:

Yea it would be great to grab him in the 2nd but I dont think he makes it out of the first.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianconero wrote:

I think it gonna be close. The thing I see though is that if he doesn't go top 25, really no team needs a RB after that, so I cant see a team spending a 1st Rounder early 2nd on a guy they really don't need. A trade up for him to jump us could happen. But I do think there's a decent chance he makes it out of Round 1. If Jacksonville goes Fournette at 4, no team before us needs a RB before 39. I also think our new OC would love to use a weapon like him and could push for him.
rampantjet

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad, though i'd like to address edge rusher earlier than you do.
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
Bianconero wrote:

I think it gonna be close. The thing I see though is that if he doesn't go top 25, really no team needs a RB after that, so I cant see a team spending a 1st Rounder early 2nd on a guy they really don't need. A trade up for him to jump us could happen. But I do think there's a decent chance he makes it out of Round 1. If Jacksonville goes Fournette at 4, no team before us needs a RB before 39. I also think our new OC would love to use a weapon like him and could push for him.
Every team in the league could use a guy like him. Personally, I think he goes to Denver, but we'll see.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
Bianconero wrote:

I can see New Orleans taking him at 32 if he lasts that long

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would rather select a runner we who can carry the load for years in this draft and im not sure McCaffrey is that guy. Hes not very strong or powerful, but he is a very good football player. He reminds me a lot of Reggie Bush coming out. Dynamic, shifty and can return kicks, but average build and below average and strength. He is going to be a great weapon for sure, but we love to pound the ball, and are going to have to the next two years, we have to find a guy who can do that...not really McCaffrey's forte.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Bobby816

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
I would rather select a runner we who can carry the load for years in this draft and im not sure McCaffrey is that guy. Hes not very strong or powerful, but he is a very good football player. He reminds me a lot of Reggie Bush coming out. Dynamic, shifty and can return kicks, but average build and below average and strength. He is going to be a great weapon for sure, but we love to pound the ball, and are going to have to the next two years, we have to find a guy who can do that...not really McCaffrey's forte.

I think McCaffrey is actually stronger between the tackles than most give him credit for. He didn't rush for 4,000ydd in 3 years with all of that outside the tackles. Yes his strength will always be in space, but I think he's more than just a guy you get 10-15 touches to a game. I think he can be a lead back. It's a 2 RB league now and it really doesn't make a difference te skill set of your number 1. They want to limit thenpiinding a RB takes more so than anything.
doumeyer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
ekill08x wrote:

I think McCaffrey is actually stronger between the tackles than most give him credit for. He didn't rush for 4,000ydd in 3 years with all of that outside the tackles. Yes his strength will always be in space, but I think he's more than just a guy you get 10-15 touches to a game. I think he can be a lead back. It's a 2 RB league now and it really doesn't make a difference te skill set of your number 1. They want to limit thenpiinding a RB takes more so than anything.

He is a perfect fit for the Pats, he sure be well gone by the time the Pats pick. He is a very muscular and is real fast. Also has great hands. He is even a better receiver than Bush.
doumeyer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Offense finally Round 1 Mock Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
2017 New York Jets Remaining Off-season

CUTS:

Marcus Gilchrist:
I've always thought he's average and overrated. We wait and cut him once we add a S in the draft.

David Harris:
Costs way to much for a guy that can only play 2 downs and is slow. In a rebuild you can't keep guys like this.

TRADES:

Jets trade Sheldon Richardson to Dallas for there 3rd Round draft pick.

FREE AGENCY:

ILB: Gerald Hodges
We need an immediate replacement for Harris and Hodges can fill that gap on a 1 year deal.

DRAFT:

***** Did You Really think we'd draft offense? Of course not... We're the Jets ***

1st: Malik Hooker (FS/Ohio State)
The more I think about it, the more it makes sense we draft him. Trust me I'd much rather an offensive playmaker like Fournette, Cook or Howard.
Hooker is a great cover FS that plays the CF role great. His tackling and lack of experience aren't exactly pros, but I think they're fixable.

2nd: Christian McCaffrey (RB/Stanford)
I think this guy is tougher than some are giving him credit for. We haven't had an explosive player like this in quite some time. He's what we need at RB to mix in with Powell and Forte. He can play immediately too as a RB/WR as a rookie and be our return man as well.

3rd: Gerald Everett (TE/South Alabama)
He's raw but has a lot of tools. For me he's a bigger version of Enunwa.

3rd (from Dallas): Pat Elfein (C/Ohio State)
Competition at C for Johnson. The last OSU C we got worked out great, so why not.

3rd (comp): Channing Stribbling (CB/Michigan)
Great size and is a press corner that plays physical. Harbaugh loves this guy and I respect his opinion.

4th: (traded away last draft to get OT Brandon Shell)

5th: Jalen Reeves-Maybin (ILB/Tennessee)
Athletic fast sideline to sideline LB much like Lee. We need speed on our defense. We have great size on the D Line to allow smaller guys at ILB. Put these fast guys with great instincts at the LB spots to make tackles and not be mismatches in coverage. Good pass rushing skill from this guy as well. Can add 10-20lbs in the next couple years and has ST value right away as well.

6th: Darius English (OLB/South Carolina)
His weight is the only thing keeping him from being a 3rd-5th Rounder. He's light for a guy 6'6" we try and utilize him on ST while adding weight on him.

7th: Eddy Piniero (K/Florida)
Highly touted kicker with a monster leg. (He's hit a 77yd FG). Piniero vs Catanzaro in pre season.

QB: McCown vs Petty vs Hackenberg
RB: Powell, McCaffrey, Forte
WR: Decker, Enunwa, Anderson, Patton, Smith, Peake, Marshall
TE: Everett, ASJ, Escobar
LT: Beachum, Qvale
LG: Carpenter, Dozier
C: Johnson, Eflein
RG: Winters
RT: Shell, Ijalana

DE: Wilkerson, Williams, Thomas, Johnson
DT: McClendon, Simon, Pennel
OLB: Mauldin, Jenkins, English, Martin
ILB: Lee, Brown, Reeves-Maybin, Jones
CB: Claiborne, Burris, Skrine, Stribbling, Williams, Marshall
FS: Hooker, Middleton
SS: Pryor, Miles

K: Piniero vs Catanzaro
P: Edwards
LS: Purdum

OK you have a deal, as much as I don't like the Idea of drafting a Safety with our 6 pick, give me Mc Caffery with our second pick and you got a deal.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doumeyer wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
ekill08x wrote:

He is a perfect fit for the Pats, he sure be well gone by the time the Pats pick. He is a very muscular and is real fast. Also has great hands. He is even a better receiver than Bush.

I think the Pats go defense. They won't use a high pick on a RB when they have White, Lewis and Burkhead. Let's also not forget as of right now they still don't have a 1st rounder.
doumeyer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
doumeyer wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
ekill08x wrote:

I think the Pats go defense. They won't use a high pick on a RB when they have White, Lewis and Burkhead. Let's also not forget as of right now they still don't have a 1st rounder.

With Marshall gone I really think we need some kind of spark on the O side of the ball. It really has been way to long since we draft a star offensive player. My problem is I have no idea what Mac is going to do. Every year we say, this draft is one of our most important draft in years, but this time it is true. Let hope after the third day of the draft we are all happy. As thing stand now we are not a lousy team, we just don't have a QB. It would be wonderful if Hack turns our to be answer at QB.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: