Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

quick Jets mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jets913

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject: quick Jets mock Reply with quote

No trades, no "expert" analysis, just some of my thoughts. Let me know what you think!

1(6). Malik Hooker - FS - Ohio St. - We finally have a ballhawking playmaker in the mold of Ed Reed. Aside from his health concerns, which don't really seem to be that big of a deal, this dude is the real deal and should be good for 5+ INTs per season once he gets settled. This would also mean the end of Marcus Gilchrist in a Jets uniform, which saves us a decent amount of cap space. I made this pick assuming Myles Garrett, Jamal Adams, and Leonard Fournette were all off the board and assumed all the QB talk is a smokescreen to get a team to jump in front of us.

2(39). Evan Engram - TE/WR - Ole' Miss - After getting a big-time playmaker in the secondary, we add a shiny new toy on offense for new OC John Morton. This guy absolutely destroyed the combine and showcased some top-notch receiving skills. This our own version of Jordan Reed (hopefully without the injuries.)

3(70). Pat Elflein - C - Ohio St. - Mac continues the trend of drafting Ohio St. players and we get Mangold's replacement and a solid starter on the o-line for hopefully the next 10 seasons. He may go higher than #70, but if he's there, we NEED to pick him. Mawae, Mangold, Elflein. If we get him, I truly believe those will be the only starting centers (other than when they were injured) this team will have from 1998 - 2027ish. Incredible.

3(107). Sidney Jones - CB - Washington - Sad to see that torn achilles because he was almost a sure-fire 1st round pick, but we'll gladly scoop him up at the end of the 3rd. We are in rebuilding mode so we don't necessarily need him to play immediately, which allows him to take his recovery seriously for a full season. Hopefully once he's healthy and able to start, we'll have a starting QB on the other side of the ball and this team will be looking much better.

5(150). Donnel Pumphrey - RB/KR/PR - San Diego St. - Darren Sproles 2.0. Immediate starter as a return man and can carve out a nice role on offense as a speedy mismatch. Morton should have some fun with this guy!

6(191). Garrett Sickels - OLB/ST - Penn St. - He would probably start immediately on special teams and I could see him being a tackling machine there, much like Nick Bellore was for us for a few seasons. Decent chance he could find a role as a situational pass rusher in Todd Bowles' Defense as well with only Mauldin and Jenkins ahead of him. I also believe he's a local kid from NJ, which only helps his chances of landing here.

7(224). Sam Rogers - FB - Virginia Tech - No need for an explanation, we plan on implementing a FB to improve the run game, so here's the best one in this draft class.

Rip it apart!!!![/b]
Bianconero

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, we have the same 3 picks in the middle of the draft

I like it

A lot of boom/bust potential at 1 and 2 though

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianconero wrote:
Wow, we have the same 3 picks in the middle of the draft

I like it

A lot of boom/bust potential at 1 and 2 though

haha I noticed that!
PaulieIceman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it. Hits two needs and about the right spot with 1 and 2. I have heard the jets are going for that C in this draft, dont know much about him though.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty solid draft. I'm still holding that slim hope we go offense at 6 with Fournette or Howard but if I had to bet I'd say Hooker is a Jet.
doumeyer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
Pretty solid draft. I'm still holding that slim hope we go offense at 6 with Fournette or Howard but if I had to bet I'd say Hooker is a Jet.

I am not questioning any of the players on you list. I just got a feeling the Jets are going for a big name player just for public relations alone. That is just a gut feeling.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: