Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Other Guys - Potential First Rounders
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brownie man wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
EL Brownso wrote:
MSURacerDT55 wrote:
BleedTheClock wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
JCBrowns21 wrote:
Give me Corey Davis or the best upgrade for our secondary, which I think would be a safety like Obi Melifonwu.

What makes a guy like Melifonwu worth a top 15 pick when no one had him in round one prior to the combine?

He's, at best, the 4th highest rated safety and that's probably generous.

Quite a few people had him as a late 1st rounder. I think scouts liked him more than casuals. He has really good tape, particularly in coverage. His size would lead you to believe he's a stiff box safety, but he moves like a corner and isn't a great box player. He's not a bad tackler, but it's not notable as a strength. I think there are better players at 12, but arguably not any with the upside of Melifonwu. I have him neck and neck with Peppers as safety prospects.

You do realize that's not saying much, and you have to have loose hips and have great change of direction, he's not great at either.

As far as the 12th pick, I actually hope there is a run on QBs to push down some of the elite non-QB prospects. Plus I saw on NFL.com they had Hooker mocked to the Skins at 17, pfft....there is no way he gets past 12.

For me its either Hooker, Adams, Howard, or Foster for me. If not, abandon ship.

I think you can look at Williams and Davis there too. But that is dependent on what they think of QBs and if they project Gordon back.

I don't think Gordon can factor too much into the decision, he's played 5 games in 3 years.

If they like one of those receivers, take them. We could use them.

Honestly though between him and us drafting four receivers last year I'd go Njocku to add a new dimension and plus a TE would bring a safety blanket for our young QB whether we get him this year or next, or especially with Cody who can't stentch the field vertically he needs a dominant TE.

Wouldn't be mad at that either.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
brownie man wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
EL Brownso wrote:
MSURacerDT55 wrote:
BleedTheClock wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
JCBrowns21 wrote:
Give me Corey Davis or the best upgrade for our secondary, which I think would be a safety like Obi Melifonwu.

What makes a guy like Melifonwu worth a top 15 pick when no one had him in round one prior to the combine?

He's, at best, the 4th highest rated safety and that's probably generous.

Quite a few people had him as a late 1st rounder. I think scouts liked him more than casuals. He has really good tape, particularly in coverage. His size would lead you to believe he's a stiff box safety, but he moves like a corner and isn't a great box player. He's not a bad tackler, but it's not notable as a strength. I think there are better players at 12, but arguably not any with the upside of Melifonwu. I have him neck and neck with Peppers as safety prospects.

You do realize that's not saying much, and you have to have loose hips and have great change of direction, he's not great at either.

As far as the 12th pick, I actually hope there is a run on QBs to push down some of the elite non-QB prospects. Plus I saw on NFL.com they had Hooker mocked to the Skins at 17, pfft....there is no way he gets past 12.

For me its either Hooker, Adams, Howard, or Foster for me. If not, abandon ship.

I think you can look at Williams and Davis there too. But that is dependent on what they think of QBs and if they project Gordon back.

I don't think Gordon can factor too much into the decision, he's played 5 games in 3 years.

If they like one of those receivers, take them. We could use them.

Honestly though between him and us drafting four receivers last year I'd go Njocku to add a new dimension and plus a TE would bring a safety blanket for our young QB whether we get him this year or next, or especially with Cody who can't stentch the field vertically he needs a dominant TE.

Wouldn't be mad at that either.

I wouldn't be thrilled but not would totally understand why. I just think you still have Butt, Hodges, and maybe Engram available at 33, and Sheenan and other upside guys who could end up being just as good later.

But at this point I don't care who they get as long as they hit meaning we know from down 1 they are a stud.
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get not wanting a TE early, especially with the depth of the class.

I do think Njoku is a stud though. Keep in mind he won't turn 21 until damn near training camp.

Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still taking OJ over Njoiku
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

Oh for sure.

brownie man

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

Oh for sure.

Yeah but if I'm trading down or if I gotta pick between Njocku or the receivers I'll go with him. They're in the same tier to me and I want to see what I have left in the guys from last year and possibly Gordon.
Deshone Kizer, Malik Hooker, Carlos Watkins, Adoree Jackson, Budda Baker, TJ Watt, Montravius Adams, Ryan Switzer, Kendall Beckwith, Davis Webb, Des Lawrence, Shelton Gibson, Jamaal Williams, Bucky Hodges
NudeTayne

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roger murdock wrote:
I personally really like Njoku and hes one of my main targets if we slide back or move up.

Yup. I really like Njoku too. While I would choose OJ Howard over him for the completeness of his game, I see it more as 1A and 1B. Due to the perceived difference in where the two will go in the draft (top 15/top 30), I would opt for 1B. Also, my gut says that Njoku will be a better pro--just my gut.
call him throbin hood, our defense throbin hood and his hairy men

DizzyDean wrote:
buno67 wrote:
sigh...swing and a miss yet again

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: