Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tony Romo?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Broncofan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/846464410239430656

It could all be smokescreen but given the owners meeting wraps up Wed it fits with all that's been said - Elway sure sounds like he's turning the page. Frankly Hou has more cap room and more need, better we don't get involved. I've covered it before but our biggest needs are more pressing and still there. Get the LT and run D addressed. It's also pretty telling Elway addressed LT saying "there's still time" to get a fix.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broncofan wrote:
https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/846464410239430656

It could all be smokescreen but given the owners meeting wraps up Wed it fits with all that's been said - Elway sure sounds like he's turning the page. Frankly Hou has more cap room and more need, better we don't get involved. I've covered it before but our biggest needs are more pressing and still there. Get the LT and run D addressed. It's also pretty telling Elway addressed LT saying "there's still time" to get a fix.

The national media thinks we're a QB away. The local media thinks the only problem with this team is LT. It appears Elway feels otherwise. One of three things will happen.

1. It's a smokescreen and we will still make a move for Tony Romo. Since we still have over $20m in cap space this cannot be discounted.

2. Elway is extremely confident he can get the LT he wants in the draft at #20 or via a reasonable trade up or via a trade for Thomas or Staley.

or 3. He legitimately likes our options between Watson/Stephenson/Sambrailo and, irrespective of the QB position, is happy with one of those options as the starting LT.

To point #3, there is a good chance that what I said earlier about LT not being that critical a position in McCoy's dink-and-dunk shotgun spread and Elway really, really believes in this rookie coaching staff and their evaluations.

Or, again to another point I've made repeatedly, he recognizes that, no matter what, 2017 will be a rebuilding year and he's not going to sacrifice the future of the team for a Hail Mary opportunity for a Super Bowl this year in a conference where we will have to go through the likes of New England, Pittsburgh and an Oakland team that will try to win one in the next two years before departing for Las Vegas.

bhslinebacker wrote:
AAA is right, as he usually is.
BroncoBruin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We just paid back a 4.5 million dollar cap loan from 2011-12, dropping our cap number to 16 million. Not just talking the talk when it comes to not pursuing Romo.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a chance Elway is helping out his friend Rick Smith, GM of the Texans, (they're both on the prestigious NFL Competition Committee together) in gas-lighting Jerry Jones (who most owners loathe even if they respect) to get the best deal for Houston for Romo. I know it sounds bizarre but these kind of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" type of transactions occur all the time at the highest levels of our society.

bhslinebacker wrote:
AAA is right, as he usually is.
BroncoBruin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
There is a chance Elway is helping out his friend Rick Smith, GM of the Texans, (they're both on the prestigious NFL Competition Committee together) in gas-lighting Jerry Jones (who most owners loathe even if they respect) to get the best deal for Houston for Romo. I know it sounds bizarre but these kind of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" type of transactions occur all the time at the highest levels of our society.
Sounds good. We'll take Duane Brown, please.
thebestever6

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Romo is retiring best news for the Broncos.

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."

Last edited by thebestever6 on Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:03 am; edited 1 time in total
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Retor - electro-acoustic transducer that converts electrical signals into sounds loud enough to be heard at a distance

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23
Page 23 of 23

Jump to: