Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Las Vegas Raiders
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shanedorf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick Canepa at the San Diego Union Tribune has a piece out today on the NFL lords getting their hands into the betting cookie jar via Las Vegas

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/sd-sp-canepa-0403-story.html

“I don’t know when it’s gonna happen, maybe years down the road, but there will be a czar, probably a Vegas executive, in charge of the National Gaming Alliance,” And sports organizations — the NFL, MLB, NBA, PGA, NHL, NCAA — all will join.

“People will sign up and make a bet through a credit card by sending cash through Western Union to their account.

“Then, and here’s the key, the leagues will take a negotiated amount from each bet. It will be a ‘convenience fee.’ They won’t be involved in paying people or being the bank. The NGA will take care of that. They will get a percentage of each bet. Say, $100 on the Raiders to win, the NGA sends $10 or 10 percent to the NFL account on each bet, and each league the same. This can be used for fantasy betting, too"

“It’s the clean, safe way to get rid of the bookies/offshore, at least in part, and it’s regulated. The billions the Feds never see from illegal wagering … they now get to wet their beaks."
“Horse racing does this already. I don’t go to the track. I bet through TVG, which is in what, 30 million pay TV households? Say I take $25 from my account, my total is automatically updated. TVG is the world-wide model."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17
Page 17 of 17

Jump to: