Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Put Pressure on Front Office

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hurricanes773

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:17 am    Post subject: Put Pressure on Front Office Reply with quote

Everyone call in to EsPn 1000 and any other media outlets and request that the bears organization drafts QB Patrick Mahomes out of Texas Tech...

Not the #3 pick but definitely our 2nd pick even if we have to trade back into the 1st round to aquire him.

We gotta make the voice of the fans be heard... Put pressure on the front office to draft a QB and not try to buy time on the job with Glennon and Sanchez.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. They don't care what the fans think, calling into a radio show, like bitching on a message board, is about making you feel better.

2. Mahomes is more than likely going higher than we can trade up for.

3. Mahomes is not a clean enough prospect for anyone to be up in arms if the Bears pass.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: Put Pressure on Front Office Reply with quote

Hurricanes773 wrote:
Everyone call in to EsPn 1000 and any other media outlets and request that the bears organization drafts QB Patrick Mahomes out of Texas Tech...

Not the #3 pick but definitely our 2nd pick even if we have to trade back into the 1st round to aquire him.

We gotta make the voice of the fans be heard... Put pressure on the front office to draft a QB and not try to buy time on the job with Glennon and Sanchez.

Call ESPN1000? What are they, a request line?

Somebody please explain to me how fans who loathed Jay Cutler can be so in favor of the Bears drafting Blaine Gabbert II? They're the SAME player!
WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want a specific QB, you cannot say "but don't spend the 3rd pick", that is the only way to guarantee that the Bears get him.

Where is the conviction?
CBears019

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you ever listened to the people that call into those shows? I listen to the score during the days when I work now; and I spent two years working the overnight shift, listening to the weirdos calling in to grobstein at 3am. The day the Bears begin making personnel decisions based off of radio show call-ins is the day I find a new team to be a fan of. I used to hate Bernstein, but I've warmed up to him after seeing how he deals with the idiot callers.

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
IronMike84

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
I used to hate Bernstein, but I've warmed up to him after seeing how he deals with the idiot callers.

Bernstein has changed dramatically over the past few years. He has gone from mocking everything the Bears did to being the voice of reason.
CBears019

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
I used to hate Bernstein, but I've warmed up to him after seeing how he deals with the idiot callers.

Bernstein has changed dramatically over the past few years. He has gone from mocking everything the Bears did to being the voice of reason.

It's a love/hate thing with me. When he's ragging on callers who call in to suggest the bears should call Green Bay to see what Aaron Rodgers price tag is, I love him. But whenever they start discussing some social/political/etc issue, he gets all self-righteous and it drives me insane. In these instances, if you don't agree with him 100% you are racists, sexist, etc.

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:

It's a love/hate thing with me. When he's ragging on callers who call in to suggest the bears should call Green Bay to see what Aaron Rodgers price tag is, I love him. But whenever they start discussing some social/political/etc issue, he gets all self-righteous and it drives me insane. In these instances, if you don't agree with him 100% you are racists, sexist, etc.
Bernstein is a sanctimonious bum. I listen to him only when there is no other choice.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:

His job is to make people listen though, and he does that really well. They also do a great job of pairing him with really likeable partners. I also like that he uses his platform to do things for the benefit of special needs kids. As parent to a special needs child it really wins a lot of points with me.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
1. They don't care what the fans think, calling into a radio show, like bitching on a message board, is about making you feel better.

2. Mahomes is more than likely going higher than we can trade up for.

3. Mahomes is not a clean enough prospect for anyone to be up in arms if the Bears pass.

Even as one of the bigger Mahomes supporters, gotta agree on all three points....

2. At this point his draft stock still seems to be rising, and I'm not entirely sure he isn't the first QB off the board anymore. The Jets are now in the mix for him at even pick #6 and and I think his draft floor is now between New Orleans and Arizona (#11, and #13)..... That's also ignoring #10 and #12 Bills and Cleveland, who could be in the mix as well...

TL:DR there's no way in hell we're trading UP for him.... and at this rate even trading down for him begins to look a bit sketchy, unless we trade with the Jets (which they'd only do if they thought we both wanted the same QB, else all they have to do is wait). Odds are you have to take him at #3 if you want him, or if the Jets had say Trubisky higher than Mahomes, then to bluff them and make them think we'd take Trubisky @#3 if they don't trade us. Not likely.

3. Even if Mahomes is the guy I'd take for this qb class, I can't really deny this at all... It's still a shot in the dark...hoping that he becomes something. Personally, I'll be a bit let down, and furious if he developed into a good-great QB after we passed..... but honestly, so long as we get -someone- who can justify their draft position, I'm ok with it. There's plenty of talented players to choose from.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: