Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dolphins Waive/Failed Physical Dion Jordon
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:
KManX89 wrote:
Look up 'fail' in a dictionary and his face pops up.
look up 'lame' in a joke book and your joke pops up.

I don't believe either one of you.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

I have mono you [inappropriate/removed]
l3lind golfer

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
He was an athletic freak in college because he was juiced out of his mind and didn't get caught.
How do you know this?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dion Jordan would've been an elite player if he didn't go to the dolphins, or didn't do drugs, or knew how to play football, or had good coaching, or had his name spelled like Deion.

Long live Phillip Rivers and his constant carrying of this god awful team.

Also go (South Carolina) Charleston Dingoes. Looking for a co-owner for a fantasy team so PM me please.
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:
He was an athletic freak in college because he was juiced out of his mind and didn't get caught.
How do you know this?
The fact that he violated the PED policy and was caught three times in one year makes it pretty obvious.

Live life like you're down 3-1
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Malik wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Malik wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:
He was an athletic freak in college because he was juiced out of his mind and didn't get caught. He could leverage his athleticism into production despite lacking, well, skill.

When you hit the NFL and EVERYBODY is an athletic freak (and most are juicing) that's where skill enters the equation.

He was never going to be a good player, these all athlete "we'll teach him to do everything else" guys never are.

DE/LB and WR are always the guys people overdraft because they're athletic freaks. I don't get it. It's waaay too late to try to teach people fundamentals.

People say this and then players end up panning out. People tend to have selective memories.

I'm not against drafting them, just not for reaching for them in 1st or 2nd rounds.

Some pan out. Some don't. Just gotta trust your evaluation.

I remember a lot of people proclaiming that JPP would bust...

The draft is a crapshoot. So you can't be trying to look for trends in that medium. It's a case by case basis. For every Dion Jordan you get JPP or Ziggy.
If people were looking at the traits that actually translate to great play at the next level, it wouldn't be a crapshoot.

Thomas5737

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:26 pm    Post subject: The prospect whisperer Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Malik wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Malik wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:
He was an athletic freak in college because he was juiced out of his mind and didn't get caught. He could leverage his athleticism into production despite lacking, well, skill.

When you hit the NFL and EVERYBODY is an athletic freak (and most are juicing) that's where skill enters the equation.

He was never going to be a good player, these all athlete "we'll teach him to do everything else" guys never are.

DE/LB and WR are always the guys people overdraft because they're athletic freaks. I don't get it. It's waaay too late to try to teach people fundamentals.

People say this and then players end up panning out. People tend to have selective memories.

I'm not against drafting them, just not for reaching for them in 1st or 2nd rounds.

The draft is a crapshoot. So you can't be trying to look for trends in that medium. It's a case by case basis. For every Dion Jordan you get JPP or Ziggy.
If people were looking at the traits that actually translate to great play at the next level, it wouldn't be a crapshoot.

If it were possible and someone could actually do that they would be in the HOF. There are signs but those signs whether good or bad sometimes aren't accurate.
11sanchez11

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weird wording in the title, no?

El ramster on the sig
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Malik wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Malik wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:

Yes it would....especially the deeper you go in the draft.

There are too many variables that play a part in whether or not a player succeeds or fails...many of which arent discernible via scouting.

Even some of the most brilliant minds the game has ever seen have been wrong about alot of players coming out. There is no exact science and never will be.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: The prospect whisperer Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
If it were possible and someone could actually do that they would be in the HOF. There are signs but those signs whether good or bad sometimes aren't accurate.
I guess that everyone that had a hand in the creation of the Force Players metrics should be in the HOF.

Among first rounders who passed the Force Players metric the last 10 years, 92% are currently (or had a successful career as) starters, and 48% have made a Pro Bowl. Of the first rounders who failed, 33% are currently starters and 5% have made the Pro Bowl.

vikingshomer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Malik wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Malik wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:

In a way, JPP did bust
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:32 am    Post subject: Re: The prospect whisperer Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
I guess that everyone that had a hand in the creation of the Force Players metrics should be in the HOF.

Among first rounders who passed the Force Players metric the last 10 years, 92% are currently (or had a successful career as) starters, and 48% have made a Pro Bowl. Of the first rounders who failed, 33% are currently starters and 5% have made the Pro Bowl.

Well I had never heard of it but a quick search tells me that they started it in 2011 and used info from 2005 on to create the metric so that is kind of cheating using the last 10 years.

If you use a method that had shown success for 7 years and use that research going forward while still using the retroactive years as part of your success rate that seems like it could be giving false readings.

If the info from my search is the same thing you are talking about I'd rather just hear the results from 2012 on. That would give a better idea if the system works as a projection and not influenced by years that they based this method on which obviously would inflate numbers because over that period they used numbers that would create a high success rate to come up with this theory.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: