Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

RamPackFan 2017 Mock 03/31/2017

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RamPackFan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject: RamPackFan 2017 Mock 03/31/2017 Reply with quote

2nd Round, Pick # 5 (#37 overall) BUDDA BAKER, DB/WASHINGTON
5'10" 195lbs / 4.45 - 40yd / *first-team all-conference honors in 2015 (49 tackles, seven PBU) and 2016 (team-leading 71 tackles, 10 for loss, two INT, six PBU).
This may not be the most popular pick by a lot of fans but I really like this kid and as dynamic of a player he is this is a safe/smart pick at #37. I'm predicting Evan Engram to be gone at this spot along with TJ Watt. Budda can play in the nickel and both safety spots. Many people compare this kid to Earl Thomas and some even have #1 safety on their draft boards. He's hard hitting, athletic, fast, smart, great tackler, and aggressive. Just what we need on our defense.

3rd Round, Pick #5 (#68 overall): CHRIS GODWIN, WR/PENN STATE
6'1" 209lbs / 4.42 - 40yd / *59 receptions 982 yards and 11 TD's in 2016
Godwin has the potential to become a solid #1 WR in the NFL and that's exactly what this team needs. He's fast, runs good routes and has reliable hands.

4th Round, Pick #5 (112overall): BUCKY HODGES, TE/VIRGINIA TECH
6'6" / 257 lbs. / 4.57 - 40 yd / *2016 Third-Team ALL-ACC with 48 receptions for 691 yards and seven TDs.
Another BIG fast target for Goff and a great compliment to Tyler Higbee

4th Round, Pick #34 (#141 overall): HOWARD WILSON, CB/HOUSTON
6'1" / 185 lbs. / 2016 First-Team All-American Athletic Conference with 5 interceptions, 54 tackles and five pass break-ups.

5th Round, Pick #5 (#149 overall): ANTHONY WALKER, JR. LB/NORTHWESTERN
6'1" / 238 lbs. / * Second-Team All-Big Ten with 105 tackles 10 for loss

6th Round, Pick #5
(#189 overall): JOHN TOTH, C/KENTUCKY
6'5" / 307 lbs / *Second-Team ALL-SEC

6th Round, Pick #22 (#206 overall): STEVIE TU'IKLOLAVATU, DT/USC
6'1 / 331 lbs. / *Second-Team All-PAC12

7th Round, Pick #16 (#234 overall): JALEN REEVES-MAYBIN, LB/TENNESSEE
6'0" / 230 lbs / *As a Junior he accomplished 105 tackles, 14 for loss, six sacks, four pass breakups.
BStanRamFan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be happy with this. Well done. I'm curious if Budda Baker is in play considering they want to move Joyner to FS, but it seems they can be used interchangeably between FS and Nickel Corner.
RamPackFan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BStanRamFan wrote:
I'd be happy with this. Well done. I'm curious if Budda Baker is in play considering they want to move Joyner to FS, but it seems they can be used interchangeably between FS and Nickel Corner.

Thank you! It's always good to hear some feedback with this, but yea....That was exactly my thoughts when I picked him at that spot. BPA and this guy is it, IMO. Versatility is the big reason...and his physical toughness and speed and athleticism.
RamsFan24

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job man, if this happened honestly I would be fine with this. I would like to get a center before the 6th round. But if Toth feel to the 6th, that would be a huge quality grab for us with starting potential.

RamPackFan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamsFan24 wrote:
Good job man, if this happened honestly I would be fine with this. I would like to get a center before the 6th round. But if Toth feel to the 6th, that would be a huge quality grab for us with starting potential.

Yea, it starts to get tough after a while on where to plug what position at what spot after a while...we have so many holes to fill and where to plug in a center over another position was tough.
stl4life07

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally don't think the Rams have many needs. While I think it will be interesting to see the defense switch schemes, I think I has enough talent on it with the right coach in Phillips to be it's true potential of top 10 out. The defense has lack inconsistency. One month it plays top 5 defense and then the next month it plays like the worst defense in the league. It even plays like that in individual games where one half or through the first three quarters it plays lights out then the next half or the 4th quarter it can't make a stop.

I think this draft should be about offense. The Rams needs are mainly building the oline as a strength and finding difference makers at receiver and tight end to help th growth of Goff and put points on the board consistently.

I think the perception of this team stemmed from Jeff Fisher. He brought in some high quality offensive players like Tavon and Higbee but just didn't know how to use them. He had no clue about offense or even picking offensive coaches. I feel like McVay has done more in the short time he has been a Rams coach with getting offensive staff and going into FA and getting guys like Woods and Whitworth than Fisher has done in his entire time as the Rams coach. Not to mention how McVay helped Cousins and the Redskins offense in his time with the team.

As for the mock draft, I would rather see the Rams go offense with the 2nd round pick. Don't know much about Baker but JuJu makes sense for the Rams. In the top of the 3rd round I would trade down in it and draft TE Butt. I know his rookie season could be non-exsistent but when healthy he is the best TE easily in the draft. Trading back in the 3rd round would allow the Rams to pick up an extra pick and take a potential elite offensive playmaker when he gets fully healthy. In the 4th round the Rams need to get a Center. If a high end Center isn't going to make it to the 4th the Rams could trade back into the 3rd round to make sure they grab one. Then use their next pick to get another receiver. I would look for a speeder that is a deep threat. After that the Rams should look for a gaurd and future left tackle since Whitworth won't be around too long. Once the Rams do the work on the offense then they can find some late 6th, 7th, and undrafted rookie free agents on defense for depth or surprise starting spot soon or down the road.

Last edited by stl4life07 on Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's good and bad aspects to it. I think Godwin and Wilson are gone where you have them, but both are good picks. I like Toth and Stevie T. Stevie T would be a nice player to have competing at NT.

I don't like Bucky Hodges. He reminds me of Jared Cook. Big and athletic but doesn't block and doesn't catch the ball well. I also would draft a CB over Bubba Baker at that spot. I'd rather take a first round talent at CB and move Joyner to FS full-time.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
There's good and bad aspects to it. I think Godwin and Wilson are gone where you have them, but both are good picks. I like Toth and Stevie T. Stevie T would be a nice player to have competing at NT.

I don't like Bucky Hodges. He reminds me of Jared Cook. Big and athletic but doesn't block and doesn't catch the ball well. I also would draft a CB over Bubba Baker at that spot. I'd rather take a first round talent at CB and move Joyner to FS full-time.

Yuk! haha...not a good comparison to have if you're Bucky! Thanks for the feedback! Just trying out different looks. I really love the way Budda plays and how physical/versatile he is and would love to have him on our defense. I get the whole Joyner thing...since Budda is so versatile he could play wherever Joyner isn't? Budda can play nickel and safety.....do you think he could also play FS (IDK)? I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what CB's would be available at the #37 spot that are worth taking versus waiting a round or two later? I know Lattimore is #1 but after that I think everyone has em' all ranked differently. I didn't want to put TreDavious White, Gareon Conley, Kevin King (not huge fan of) or Fabian Moreau in spot knowing some or all would be gone by #37. I like Ahkello Witherspoon, but not at #37......who do you like for 2nd round selections?

Also, I should've put an asterisk next to Chris Godwin's name...it was either him or Kupp (as you had on your draft). I really do think there's a good chance 1 of the 2 are there in the 3rd for us. We'll see!
RamPackFan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stl4life07 wrote:
I personally don't think the Rams have many needs. While I think it will be interesting to see the defense switch schemes, I think I has enough talent on it with the right coach in Phillips to be it's true potential of top 10 out. The defense has lack inconsistency. One month it plays top 5 defense and then the next month it plays like the worst defense in the league. It even plays like that in individual games where one half or through the first three quarters it plays lights out then the next half or the 4th quarter it can't make a stop.

I think this draft should be about offense. The Rams needs are mainly building the oline as a strength and finding difference makers at receiver and tight end to help th growth of Goff and put points on the board consistently.

I think the perception of this team stemmed from Jeff Fisher. He brought in some high quality offensive players like Tavon and Higbee but just didn't know how to use them. He had no clue about offense or even picking offensive coaches. I feel like McVay has done more in the short time he has been a Rams coach with getting offensive staff and going into FA and getting guys like Woods and Whitworth than Fisher has done in his entire time as the Rams coach. Not to mention how McVay helped Cousins and the Redskins offense in his time with the team.

As for the mock draft, I would rather see the Rams go offense with the 2nd round pick. Don't know much about Baker but JuJu makes sense for the Rams. In the top of the 3rd round I would trade down in it and draft TE Butt. I know his rookie season could be non-exsistent but when healthy he is the best TE easily in the draft. Trading back in the 3rd round would allow the Rams to pick up an extra pick and take a potential elite offensive playmaker when he gets fully healthy. In the 4th round the Rams need to get a Center. If a high end Center isn't going to make it to the 4th the Rams could trade back into the 3rd round to make sure they grab one. Then use their next pick to get another receiver. I would look for a speeder that is a deep threat. After that the Rams should look for a gaurd and future left tackle since Whitworth won't be around too long. Once the Rams do the work on the offense then they can find some late 6th, 7th, and undrafted rookie free agents on defense for depth or surprise starting spot soon or down the road.

I like the JuJu pick at that spot. At the same time I do like Kupp, Godwin and Henderson all about the same. I think any of those 4 could help our offense tremendously and would give us what we need in our passing game as well. I wouldn't be upset if we got JuJu in the 2nd or any of the others I listed above in the 3rd or 4th. Like I said, I think they are all equally valuable in their own ways.
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamPackFan wrote:
Yuk! haha...not a good comparison to have if you're Bucky! Thanks for the feedback! Just trying out different looks. I really love the way Budda plays and how physical/versatile he is and would love to have him on our defense. I get the whole Joyner thing...since Budda is so versatile he could play wherever Joyner isn't? Budda can play nickel and safety.....do you think he could also play FS (IDK)? I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what CB's would be available at the #37 spot that are worth taking versus waiting a round or two later? I know Lattimore is #1 but after that I think everyone has em' all ranked differently. I didn't want to put TreDavious White, Gareon Conley, Kevin King (not huge fan of) or Fabian Moreau in spot knowing some or all would be gone by #37. I like Ahkello Witherspoon, but not at #37......who do you like for 2nd round selections?

I think Bubba could play FS in this scheme, yes.

The CBs I'd toss out are Gareon Conley and Adoree Jackson. I'm obviously on the Gareon Conley train. I think there's still a fair chance he falls to the 2nd. But it's hard to know who falls to the 2nd at this point.

But hey, I wouldn't be upset if Baker is the guy. I just think we're best off grabbing a high-level cover CB and moving Joyner to FS full-time than we are grabbing a FS.

This is such an amazing CB class that I want to make full use of it.

Quote:
Also, I should've put an asterisk next to Chris Godwin's name...it was either him or Kupp (as you had on your draft). I really do think there's a good chance 1 of the 2 are there in the 3rd for us. We'll see!

I'd be happy with either WR.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
RamPackFan wrote:

I think Bubba could play FS in this scheme, yes.

The CBs I'd toss out are Gareon Conley and Adoree Jackson. I'm obviously on the Gareon Conley train. I think there's still a fair chance he falls to the 2nd. But it's hard to know who falls to the 2nd at this point.

But hey, I wouldn't be upset if Baker is the guy. I just think we're best off grabbing a high-level cover CB and moving Joyner to FS full-time than we are grabbing a FS.

This is such an amazing CB class that I want to make full use of it.

Quote:

I'd be happy with either WR.

same here! we'd be foolish to not walk away with a solid CB with a class like this. Great points!
stl4life07

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamPackFan wrote:
stl4life07 wrote:

I like the JuJu pick at that spot. At the same time I do like Kupp, Godwin and Henderson all about the same. I think any of those 4 could help our offense tremendously and would give us what we need in our passing game as well. I wouldn't be upset if we got JuJu in the 2nd or any of the others I listed above in the 3rd or 4th. Like I said, I think they are all equally valuable in their own ways.

Do you think JuJu could fall to the 3rd round? If not would you be in favor of the Rams drafting Baker top of the 2nd then trading back into the 2nd to get JuJu? I know nobody is thinking Rams could trade up but the Rams do have eight picks so it's not like they are bare like most are making them out to be.
RamPackFan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stl4life07 wrote:
RamPackFan wrote:
stl4life07 wrote:

Do you think JuJu could fall to the 3rd round? If not would you be in favor of the Rams drafting Baker top of the 2nd then trading back into the 2nd to get JuJu? I know nobody is thinking Rams could trade up but the Rams do have eight picks so it's not like they are bare like most are making them out to be.

Me, personally? I think JuJu will be drafted anywhere between mid 2nd to early 3rd range. I think the Rams are in a position to trade back up to get more of a "top-tier" guy, such as JuJu, Jones, Godwin, Kupp or even a DB, Pass Rusher, or O-Lineman depending on what they do with our #37. I'm all for trading back from #37 to the #40's as well and collect extra picks - then use those for trade bait? If we go defense OR Dan Feeney with our #37 I'm all for trading back up to get any of the WR's I mentioned. But at what cost?
RamsFan24

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamPackFan wrote:
stl4life07 wrote:
RamPackFan wrote:
stl4life07 wrote:

Me, personally? I think JuJu will be drafted anywhere between mid 2nd to early 3rd range. I think the Rams are in a position to trade back up to get more of a "top-tier" guy, such as JuJu, Jones, Godwin, Kupp or even a DB, Pass Rusher, or O-Lineman depending on what they do with our #37. I'm all for trading back from #37 to the #40's as well and collect extra picks - then use those for trade bait? If we go defense OR Dan Feeney with our #37 I'm all for trading back up to get any of the WR's I mentioned. But at what cost?

Don't Sleep on Josh Reynolds as an possible option at the top of the 3rd Rd. Especially if we drafted Baker in the 2nd, I would love to grab Reynolds in the 3rd. Reynolds reminds me of a slimmer Mike Evans, don't sleep on him, he could be special.

stl4life07

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not gonna sleep on Josh Reynolds. I watch Texas A&M games and he is good. To me I am s big fan of Malachi Dupree.I think as a Tigers fan our receivers are so talented but get overlooked a bit due to Miles offensive ineptitude. I don't know if the Rams have interest but I wouldn't mind Dupree as a 3rd or 4th round pick.

I think the Rams trading up would have to be the right price. Under GM Snead the Rams have always been agreesive when it comes to moving up or down in the draft. I don't know if it was solely him or mostly Fisher. My gut feeling just tells me that this entire offseason has been centered around the growth of Goff and the draft won't be any different in terms of doing all they can to put the players on offense around him to succeed. It's a deep draft when it comes too skills positions on offense but it's not that strong on the oline prospects. So that is what intrigues me and I can't wait to see how it all unfolds.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: