You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Nates offseason Mock 2.0

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nathan004

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:39 am    Post subject: Nates offseason Mock 2.0 Reply with quote

First off, let's grade FA

Desean Jackson. Boom! Deep threat we desperately needed to stretch the field and give some relief to Mike Evans. Grade: A
Chris Baker. Massively underrated sighting simply because of Desean. Not a major game changer but he is a damn good run defender and speaking of relief, this should finally allow GMC to find himself in more 1-1's with opposing OL's. Grade: B+
JJ Wilcox - Hard hitting, in the box safety. Good signing but we still need a coverage guy back there. I expect us to address this in the draft. Grade: C+

Re-Signed
Jacquizz Rodgers - Earned this signing coming off the couch and was easily the most productive runner on the roster. Good signing for a team that will most likely still address RB in the draft or later in FA. Grade: B
Chris Conte - Probably one of the most questioned signings from this team considering we let McDougald walk for less. Conte made a few game winning plays for this team but is still a massive liability in coverage. Good depth signing if anything else as he knows the Defense well. Still expect Safety to be addressed later. Grade: C.
Josh Robinson - In the wake of losing Russ Shephard Josh Robinson seems like a very smart move to lock up a productive Special teams player and maintain depth for a secondary in flux. Grade: A-
Joe Hawley: I am in the minority here as I know a lot of people wanted to replace Hawley this offseason. The Bucs could definitely do better and probably still will. The contract is for two years, but I like what Hawley brings as far as attitude and continuity with Jameis. Grade C+

Buccaneers Draft Board
Here's how I picture the Bucs board on draft day (minus a few obvious players who will no doubt be gone that we would obviously love like Myles Garrett)

1) Leonard Fournette
2) Dalvin Cook
3) Corey Davis
4) Mike Williams
5) OJ Howard
6) Christian McCaffrey
7) Derrick Barnett
8] John Ross
9) David Njoku
10) Buddha Baker
11) Jabrill Peppers
12) Obi Melifonwu
13) Forrest Lamp
14) Ryan Ramczyk
15) Cameron Robinson

Wild Cards that I think could fall on draft day that the Bucs could jump on
Johnathan Allen - Shoulder injuries are a major question for him.
Soloman Thomas - Love the player but his rise feels like a trendy hype pick rather than where he'll actually end up.
Malik Hooker - Talented yet inexperienced at the position. Could see him fall as a result.

2017 NFL DRAFT
Big Board picks (and wild cards) gone in top ten
Leonard Fournette
Corey Davis
Johnathan Allen
Mike Williams
Soloman Thomas

Big Board picks taken in picks 11-18
Malik Hooker
OJ Howard
Dalvin Cook
John Ross
Christian McCaffrey

With the 19th overall pick, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select:

Derek Barnett / Defensive End / Tennessee

I feel like the only reason why certain teams like the Rams or the Jets were competitive in any way were because they had a dominant DL. Everything starts here. You can't run the ball if you can't make it past the DL. You can't pass the ball if you can't even set up. Your secondary benefits from a QB who is running for his life. All we need is for Jameis and Co to score 17-24 a game with a stout defense.

With the 50th overall pick, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select:

Buddha Baker / Safety / Washington

Some might say this could be too late a spot for Baker. I think it's exactly where he belongs. Give or take a few spots I guess. Wilcox and Tandy will battle out the SS spot with Wilcox likely to play both and Tandy to start. Baker will be the eventual FS starter for a position desperately needing depth and talent.

With the 84th overall pick, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select:

Joe Mixon / Running Back/ Oklahoma

Don't be fooled by all the hype around Mixon right now. His video tape is pretty damning. You can say that teams are willing to take the risk of talent over character but in Mixon's case the film is too strong and he "falls" to the 3rd. Licht has shown he's willing to roll the dice if the player is properly vetted and if all things check out we can see a top 10 talent fall to us in the 3rd.

With the 125th overall pick, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select:

Jake Butt / Tight end / Michigan

Bad injury on a what I call a Witten 2.0 prospect. Reliable and all around prototypical TE. Not as athletic as the TE's who will be drafted before him but has a nose for the ball and can be used in any play on offense. Good value in the 4th.

With the 162 overall pick, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select:

Ryan Switzer / WR/KR / University of North Carolina

Hate to use the comparison but it just feels too accurate. I see Wes Welker in this kid. IN the forgotten rounds, this pick could end up being a gem.

**TRADE** Buccaneers trade their 6th and 7th round picks to the Cleveland Browns for the 185th pick

With the 185th pick, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select:

Zach banner / Offensive Tackle / University of Southern California

More OL depth is never a bad thing. Especially at RT. Cherilus is gone. Benonoch, Pamphile and Dotson to fight out the RT spot and OL back ups. Banner should compete at least.

One quick Post Draft Free Agency signing for a few unsigned FA's. We have the money. Let's spend it on a few 1 year prove it deals.

Anquan Boldin - Ol' reliable comes in to help with Winston and CO.
Nick Mangold - Another Ol' reliable. Veteran leadership is needed on this young, but talented and developing OL.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love Love Love it

only pick im iffy on is baker , but at pick 50 ill take it, fits a need and he has potential

Barnett all day if hes there

Mixon is good value in the 3rd

love Butt in the 4th

and LOVE Switzer, I think he'll be an absolute steal that late

A+ for me
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it. But I really don't think Mixon is even on our board.
indifference

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolute perfect mock draft.

Barnett, Baker, Mixon AND Butt? Man, that would be too good to be true. I think Barnett and Baker though could happen. All four though would be an amazing haul. Defense would be scary good and for years to come. Banner though I think will be a guard in the league b/c he will suck as a tackle in the NFL.
nathan004

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:

I can't say for certain but I will say that Licht isn't someone who takes players of the board for off-field issues so he's at least an option at 3rd round value.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nathan004 wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:

I can't say for certain but I will say that Licht isn't someone who takes players of the board for off-field issues so he's at least an option at 3rd round value.

Just switch Mixon with Perine and we're good Laughing
nathan004

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LazyBoyFil wrote:
nathan004 wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:

Just switch Mixon with Perine and we're good Laughing

I seriously had him pegged to go there for us. Big bruiser back to combine with Quizz and possibly Doug in a committee wouldn't be bad. was also thinking Foreman as I have seen smoke flying around that he may drop to the 2nd or 3rd round. Didn't want to feel like it was too much of a reach for the 3rd though and thought Mixon would be best value.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job. Solid insight and good mock. I don't know how I feel about Mixon. I'm leaning toward talking him off the draft board, but the talent is undeniable. I just don't think we need that kind of PR after just getting over the stuff with Jameis at FSU.

Love how the D gets stacked for years to come. Honestly I'd worry we couldn't resign all if our guys if they ball out but that's an "if" discussion for another time. Haven't watched much on Butt and I wish he was more athletic, especially considering he other TEs in this draft, but he can block and is a receiving threat so no complaints there in the 4th.

Smack ^
Make Tampa Famous, Jameis!
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first two picks I love. No issues at all. But the thing is will baker be there for us in round 2? Daniel jerimiah is tied to a lot of sources and he believes he'll be in round 1. I can see it.

Barnett, if his stock is truly slipping is an easy choice for us. Hands down.

Mixon: here's something for thought. The Bucs walked away from hardy due to the same issue. Mixon was caught on tape. I don't see it. And I think someone pulls the trigger on him earlier.

Jake butt. I repeat will not be there on day 3. We'd be lucky to get him in round 3. He's the third best TE in this draft as he's a good blocked and receiver. If his rehab is on par he could be had for half a year which is good for a rookie and long haul value is high.
nathan004

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
The first two picks I love. No issues at all. But the thing is will baker be there for us in round 2? Daniel jerimiah is tied to a lot of sources and he believes he'll be in round 1. I can see it.

Barnett, if his stock is truly slipping is an easy choice for us. Hands down.

Mixon: here's something for thought. The Bucs walked away from hardy due to the same issue. Mixon was caught on tape. I don't see it. And I think someone pulls the trigger on him earlier.

Jake butt. I repeat will not be there on day 3. We'd be lucky to get him in round 3. He's the third best TE in this draft as he's a good blocked and receiver. If his rehab is on par he could be had for half a year which is good for a rookie and long haul value is high.

Yeah. I can totally see Baker going in round one. I think we all thought a guy like Karl Joseph would be a late 1st or early to mid 2nd and boom. It's very possible. Though I don't think it's a lock either. We also thought that Noah Spence should go a lot higher too. Circumstances are different I realize that, but I won't rule out Baker in the 2nd just yet.

Speaking of circumstances, Mixon and Hardy are similar but not the same. Even though the Bucs eventually passed, they at least confirmed heavy interest in Hardy. Even with the media storm around him. I'll preface my following comments on the fact that I do not condone any of the events that Mixon has involved himself with but (attempting) to speak in legal-ese, he can argue it was self defense as he was provoked or attacked first. Again, I don't believe it was right or even borderline arguable in anyway. But I do think he has a case to present some doubt that this is who he is. Hardy never had that. Even without video evidence. Now with all that being said, you are more than likely right about Mixon. But in the 3rd round I can see Tampa or another team drafting him with the talent he possesses and the possibility for change in his life.

Butt's draft stock will either stay where it's at or sky rocket if his medical reports all of a sudden change come draft day. He stated at his interview at the combine that he wasn't working out period but it was possible he could do just the bench press at Michigan Pro Day. This kid is talented but in no way close to being at a point where he can be considered on his way back to 100%. Not yet at least. Based on that, I don't think his production is enough to be a day 2 lock.

Last edited by nathan004 on Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen Baker going in the third in some mocks.
scottonatable

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I would die if we had this draft class. 5 stars sir!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: