Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

6.180: MINN - Moritz Böhringer [WR #81] Germany
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 34, 35, 36  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Klomp

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purplexing wrote:
SemperFeist wrote:
We only have 4 receivers, and the team generally carries 6. There's room for Boehringer. He may not make a big impact as a receiver, but given his size and athleticism, there's no reason he shouldn't develop into a solid special teams player.

Didn't Spielman invite a FA WR to Winter Park recently? If so, he may think Bohringer isn't showing enough progress/ development yet.

Look at the bolded again. 4 + 1 < 6

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your mathematical expression is correct.

Where is the written rule in Spielman's 'GM Notebook' that requires 6 WRs on the roster?

TE Jared Cook was invited to Winter Park, correct? He's a receiver, although not 'Wide'.

L. Murray was signed. Like Cook, he's a receiver, from out of the backfield.

Finally, the upcoming NFL draft has plenty of collegiate WRs available to select.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think he's a long shot to even make the practice squad this year. It's a nice story and I think MN hung onto him last year for that reason. My expectations are extremely low and id expect MN to bring in a veteran WR and a few rookies (late rd pick and UDFAs) by the time training camp comes around.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
I still think he's a long shot to even make the practice squad this year. It's a nice story and I think MN hung onto him last year for that reason. My expectations are extremely low and id expect MN to bring in a veteran WR and a few rookies (late rd pick and UDFAs) by the time training camp comes around.

Would be a pretty rad story if he did become a functional nfl reciever.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolmonite26 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

I agree. I think his ceiling is top-notch special teamer, and nominal WR who gets in a few "garbage time" plays per year.
Purplexing

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robb_K wrote:
Dolmonite26 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

I agree. I think his ceiling is top-notch special teamer, and nominal WR who gets in a few "garbage time" plays per year.

IOW a cheap replacement for CP.
paradise lost

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's easy to say his ceiling is "good special teams player" but a lot of us (myself included) said that about adam thielen.

i'm sure as long as he keeps progressing they'll keep him around.
Robb_K

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paradise lost wrote:
it's easy to say his ceiling is "good special teams player" but a lot of us (myself included) said that about adam thielen.

He's big, strong and not afraid of contact, and his speed is adequate. If he really works hard and wants it badly, he might become an adequate #4 or #5 receiver.
Dolmonite26

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robb_K wrote:
paradise lost wrote:

He's big, strong and not afraid of contact, and his speed is adequate. If he really works hard and wants it badly, he might become an adequate #4 or #5 receiver.

He ran 4.41 at his pro day. At 6'4", 230 that's is well above adequate.

Fact of the matter is that, while realistically, the kid never comes close to reaching his ceiling and is out of the league in 2 years; with his measurables, which are otherworldly, he doesn't have a ceiling.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Antonio Gates never played college football. He's going to be a Hall of Damer when he decides to retire.

I'm not about to write off Boehringer simply because he didn't play at a high level of football before being drafted.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's a Hall of Damer? Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
What's a Hall of Damer? Laughing

It's the Hall of Fame for people with fat fingers.

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Vikings lost wide receivers Cordarrelle Patterson and Charles Johnson in free agency but signed Michael Floyd and picked up two in the draft, Rodney Adams in the fifth and Stacy Coley in the seventh. Bohringer is aiming to make the team.

Bohringer: “That’s definitely the goal. I wouldn’t be here if that wasn’t the goal. I think everything has slowed down for me a bit now. I just feel more comfortable and more confident, and I think it makes a big difference. A year ago, I had no idea about the playbook. We’ve got a lot receivers and they’re all talented, but I feel like I’m a lot better."

The 6-foot-4 Bohringer spent the offseason working out at SPE Sports in Boca Raton, Fla., and in Minnesota. He said he’s put on 10 pounds and now weighs 232.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/05/19/no-longer-a-celebrity-wr-moritz-bohringer-striving-to-make-vikings-roster/

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
SammyBradwater

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
The Vikings lost wide receivers Cordarrelle Patterson and Charles Johnson in free agency but signed Michael Floyd and picked up two in the draft, Rodney Adams in the fifth and Stacy Coley in the seventh. Bohringer is aiming to make the team.

Bohringer: “That’s definitely the goal. I wouldn’t be here if that wasn’t the goal. I think everything has slowed down for me a bit now. I just feel more comfortable and more confident, and I think it makes a big difference. A year ago, I had no idea about the playbook. We’ve got a lot receivers and they’re all talented, but I feel like I’m a lot better."

The 6-foot-4 Bohringer spent the offseason working out at SPE Sports in Boca Raton, Fla., and in Minnesota. He said he’s put on 10 pounds and now weighs 232.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/05/19/no-longer-a-celebrity-wr-moritz-bohringer-striving-to-make-vikings-roster/

Dude is an athletic specimen. It'd be so amazing if he can figure things out.
SemperFeist

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be in the vast minority, but I think Boehringer makes the team as the 6th receiver/ special teams gunner.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 35 of 36

Jump to: