You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

March Madness Mock

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject: March Madness Mock Reply with quote

No trades, no FA guesses. If I had to guess on trades, I think we trade up in the 2nd using our extra 5th and then we trade out of the 3rd into the early 4th to get a late 5th back depending on which one we would send to move up in the 2nd.

1.29 Zach Cunningham, LB, Vanderbilt: Cunningham is a versatile player who can play both inside and out and can play in both a 4-3 and 3-4 front. He will require less coaching and development than that of TJ Watt and can play behind Martinez and Ryan until he supplants one of them.

Alternative pick: Evan Engram, TE, Ole Miss: Engram is a match-up nightmare for opposing defenses and with two solid TE's in front of him on the depth chart, he can adjust to the game

2.61 Fabian Moreau, CB, UCLA: He's got a hurt pec and probably will go earlier, but there's really nobody else at the position that fits what we're looking for here. Drawing interest from the Packers suggests that Moreau is our annual UCLA defensive player. We might use our extra 5th to trade up for him and trade out of the 3rd to recover more Day 3 picks.

Alternative pick: Budda Baker, DB, Washington: We converted into Randall from FS to CB and I think we can do it again. Baker is incredibly aggressive, which can be a double-edged sword in regards to taking angles, but Baker checks off all the boxes that we look for in a DB.

3.93 Alex Anzalone, LB, Florida: Anzalone can play inside and out, excellent athlete, not afraid of contact. Has some injury concerns and some technical flaws but his versatility playing both inside and out gives Dom more options. I think we trade out of this pick, however.

Alternate pick: Quincy Wilson, CB, Florida: He's a bit slower in the 40 than we prefer, but his other numbers are very comparable to that of Randall's.

4.134 Samaje Perine, RB, Oklahoma: Perine offers us a big back that can grind down defenses with power. Soft hands to take screen passes out of the backfield.

Alternative pick: Julie'n Davenport, OL, Bucknell: Massive Tackle at 6-7 318, but tested well at the combine and can be a great project player. TT has shown interest in this player.

5.174 Shaquill Griffin, CB, UCF: He's LaDarius Gunter but with speed.

5.184 Amba Etta-Tawo, WR, Syracuse: He has the speed, route running, and physicality to excel at the next level.

6.214 De'Veon Smith, RB, Michigan: A power back who can cut on a dime, which was on display during his workout at the combine.

7.249 Corey Levin, OG, Chattanooga: Similar to Josh Sitton as an athlete and player, needs more development.

Notable UDFA: Deangelo Yancey, WR, Purdue; Jonathan McLaughlin, OL, Va. Tech; Aaron Jones, RB, UTEP
Lieker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a fan of Cunningham in the 1st. Great athlete and length. Poor angles and arm tackler.

Love Moreau in the 2nd. Don't know that he'll be there, even with the injury.

Anzalone is redundant with the Cunningham pick. Put an EDGE in the 1st and I'd be fine with this pick.

Really like the Perine pick. Good value in the 4th.

Griffin is a very good talent that late. Probably won't be there after his combine.

Smith that late at RB is good value. Don't know that we have a roster spot for him with Monty, Perine, Michael, and Rip on the roster already.

Would like to have added a OL earlier. Probably 2 actually.

Based off your alternate picks I would have taken:

1st: Evan Engram
2nd: Budda Baker
3rd: Quincy Wilson
4th: J. Davenport
5th: Shaquille Griffin
5th: An EDGE
6th: OL
7th: BVA
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lieker wrote:

Smith that late at RB is good value. Don't know that we have a roster spot for him with Monty, Perine, Michael, and Rip on the roster already.

Would like to have added a OL earlier. Probably 2 actually.

I think Smith would find his way to the PS at worst, but I think he can edge out Michael. I almost went Dion Dawkins in the second round, but I think we make a serious play for Moreau. I don't like the Cunningham pick either, but I didn't see an EDGE player other than Watt there and the ILB position was once again an issue last season.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: