Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

JT Thomas

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
bagh


Joined: 13 Mar 2008
Posts: 9241
Location: Toronto, Ontario (That's Canada folks )
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:26 pm    Post subject: JT Thomas Reply with quote

Seriously, can anyone actually justify why he is still on the roster?

In 2 years on the roster, he hasn't done jack.

The Giants are going around renegotiating contracts, when they can just cut his guy and save 3 million on the cap.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kodaraw


Joined: 12 Feb 2013
Posts: 1496
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:11 pm    Post subject: Re: JT Thomas Reply with quote

bagh wrote:
Seriously, can anyone actually justify why he is still on the roster?

In 2 years on the roster, he hasn't done jack.

The Giants are going around renegotiating contracts, when they can just cut his guy and save 3 million on the cap.


Would imagine it has to do with his ability to pass a physical and be able to cut him with no benefits. That's the only thing I could think of.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bagh


Joined: 13 Mar 2008
Posts: 9241
Location: Toronto, Ontario (That's Canada folks )
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:28 am    Post subject: Re: JT Thomas Reply with quote

Kodaraw wrote:
bagh wrote:
Seriously, can anyone actually justify why he is still on the roster?

In 2 years on the roster, he hasn't done jack.

The Giants are going around renegotiating contracts, when they can just cut his guy and save 3 million on the cap.


Would imagine it has to do with his ability to pass a physical and be able to cut him with no benefits. That's the only thing I could think of.


Yeah, but the guy got hurt in the first game of the season I think. At the time, it didn't even look that serious.

I think it was an ACL or something, and most players are usually back in 6 or 7 months.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bigblew


Joined: 08 Jan 2010
Posts: 222
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutting him would go a long way into bringing Hankins back not sure why it's Taking so long
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Acgott


Moderator
Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 12086
Location: USA
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JT Thomas has nothing to do with Hankins being unsigned.

Thomas could be cut now, and it wouldn't change a single thing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WiscoBlue21


Joined: 09 Jan 2014
Posts: 705
Location: Wisconsin
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutting him would save us around another 3 mil for the cap which puts us around 12 mil. I agree Hankins might not sign because of that (maybe even hurts us now we would have more money) but now that Robinson is back then I think we should cut him soon.

Acgott wrote:
JT Thomas has nothing to do with Hankins being unsigned.

Thomas could be cut now, and it wouldn't change a single thing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GMENNATION


Joined: 09 Feb 2012
Posts: 482
Location: Greater New York Area
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the surface, it seems like a no brainer to cut him because he hasn't done much of anything. But there is really no rush at this point. His contract is not stopping us from doing anything cap-wise. Hankins is the only big ticket FA left that we will consider and he can be signed without cutting JT.

My best guess is they wait until after the draft. If they find a replacement for him, he could be gone shortly thereafter but as it stands right now, we have little depth at LB. So having a 28 year old backup linebacker on the team that has starting experience and plays special teams isn't so bad. The cap number doesn't matter until we need it and right now we don't need it.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WiscoBlue21


Joined: 09 Jan 2014
Posts: 705
Location: Wisconsin
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm praying we cut him after we take Hassan Reddick with our first round pick


GMENNATION wrote:
On the surface, it seems like a no brainer to cut him because he hasn't done much of anything. But there is really no rush at this point. His contract is not stopping us from doing anything cap-wise. Hankins is the only big ticket FA left that we will consider and he can be signed without cutting JT.

My best guess is they wait until after the draft. If they find a replacement for him, he could be gone shortly thereafter but as it stands right now, we have little depth at LB. So having a 28 year old backup linebacker on the team that has starting experience and plays special teams isn't so bad. The cap number doesn't matter until we need it and right now we don't need it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kodaraw


Joined: 12 Feb 2013
Posts: 1496
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or Jarrad Davis.

WiscoBlue21 wrote:
I'm praying we cut him after we take Hassan Reddick with our first round pick


GMENNATION wrote:
On the surface, it seems like a no brainer to cut him because he hasn't done much of anything. But there is really no rush at this point. His contract is not stopping us from doing anything cap-wise. Hankins is the only big ticket FA left that we will consider and he can be signed without cutting JT.

My best guess is they wait until after the draft. If they find a replacement for him, he could be gone shortly thereafter but as it stands right now, we have little depth at LB. So having a 28 year old backup linebacker on the team that has starting experience and plays special teams isn't so bad. The cap number doesn't matter until we need it and right now we don't need it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group