Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

One Month Out Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bobby816

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:26 am    Post subject: One Month Out Mock Reply with quote

2017 New York Jets Remaining Off-season

CUTS:

Marcus Gilchrist:
I've always thought he's average and overrated. We wait and cut him once we add a S in the draft.

David Harris:
Costs way to much for a guy that can only play 2 downs and is slow. In a rebuild you can't keep guys like this.

TRADES:

Jets trade Sheldon Richardson to Dallas for there 3rd Round draft pick.

FREE AGENCY:

ILB: Zach Brown
I think he's asking for too much right now, but his price lowers and he comes to us bc he can start here. Fast, athletic LB that can cover.

TE: Gavin Escobar
As of now only ASJ is our TE, so we give Escobar a 1yr deal.

DRAFT:

1st: OJ Howard (TE/Alabama)
Best TE prospect I've seen. Big body that can run, catch and block. Could be a version of a #1 WR type production but from a TE.

2nd: Marcus Williams (FS/Utah)
Big bodied cover safety that's a ball hawk. I actually see a very similar player to Hooker in him but can be had 30 picks later.

3rd: Alvin Kamara (RB/Tennessee)
Not a big production player in college but has all the tools. I thinks he's the best RB available after the top 4 guys are gone. Kamara is big enough to run between the tackles but has pass catching ability as well. We need youth at RB pretty bad.

3rd (from Dallas): Pat Elfein (C/Ohio State)
Competition at C for Johnson. The last OSU C we got worked out great, so why not.

3rd (comp): Channing Stribbling (CB/Michigan)
Great size and is a press corner that plays physical. Harbaugh loves this guy and I respect his opinion.

4th: (traded away last draft to get OT Brandon Shell)

5th: Jalen Reeves-Maybin (ILB/Tennessee)
Athletic fast sideline to sideline LB much like Lee. We need speed on our defense. We have great size on the D Line to allow smaller guys at ILB. Put these fast guys with great instincts at the LB spots to make tackles and not be mismatches in coverage. Good pass rushing skill from this guy as well. Can add 10-20lbs in the next couple years and has ST value right away as well.

6th: Darius English (OLB/South Carolina)
His weight is the only thing keeping him from being a 3rd-5th Rounder. He's light for a guy 6'6" we try and utilize him on ST while adding weight on him.

7th: Eddy Piniero (K/Florida)
Highly touted kicker with a monster leg. (He's hit a 77yd FG). Piniero vs Catanzaro in pre season.

QB: McCown vs Petty vs Hackenberg
RB: Powell, Kamara, Forte
WR: Decker, Enunwa, Anderson, Patton, Smith, Peake, Marshall
TE: Howard, ASJ, Escobar
LT: Beachum, Qvale
LG: Carpenter, Dozier
C: Johnson, Eflein
RG: Winters
RT: Shell, Ijalana

DE: Wilkerson, Williams, Thomas, Johnson
DT: McClendon, Simon, Pennel
OLB: Mauldin, Jenkins, English, Martin
ILB: Lee, Brown, Reeves-Maybin, Jones
CB: Claiborne, Burris, Skrine, Stribbling, Williams, Marshall
FS: Williams, Middleton
SS: Pryor, Miles

K: Piniero vs Catanzaro
P: Edwards
LS: Purdum[/code]
doumeyer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:09 am    Post subject: Re: One Month Out Mock Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
2017 New York Jets Remaining Off-season

CUTS:

Marcus Gilchrist:
I've always thought he's average and overrated. We wait and cut him once we add a S in the draft.

David Harris:
Costs way to much for a guy that can only play 2 downs and is slow. In a rebuild you can't keep guys like this.

TRADES:

Jets trade Sheldon Richardson to Dallas for there 3rd Round draft pick.

FREE AGENCY:

ILB: Zach Brown
I think he's asking for too much right now, but his price lowers and he comes to us bc he can start here. Fast, athletic LB that can cover.

TE: Gavin Escobar
As of now only ASJ is our TE, so we give Escobar a 1yr deal.

DRAFT:

1st: OJ Howard (TE/Alabama)
Best TE prospect I've seen. Big body that can run, catch and block. Could be a version of a #1 WR type production but from a TE.

2nd: Marcus Williams (FS/Utah)
Big bodied cover safety that's a ball hawk. I actually see a very similar player to Hooker in him but can be had 30 picks later.

3rd: Alvin Kamara (RB/Tennessee)
Not a big production player in college but has all the tools. I thinks he's the best RB available after the top 4 guys are gone. Kamara is big enough to run between the tackles but has pass catching ability as well. We need youth at RB pretty bad.

3rd (from Dallas): Pat Elfein (C/Ohio State)
Competition at C for Johnson. The last OSU C we got worked out great, so why not.

3rd (comp): Channing Stribbling (CB/Michigan)
Great size and is a press corner that plays physical. Harbaugh loves this guy and I respect his opinion.

4th: (traded away last draft to get OT Brandon Shell)

5th: Jalen Reeves-Maybin (ILB/Tennessee)
Athletic fast sideline to sideline LB much like Lee. We need speed on our defense. We have great size on the D Line to allow smaller guys at ILB. Put these fast guys with great instincts at the LB spots to make tackles and not be mismatches in coverage. Good pass rushing skill from this guy as well. Can add 10-20lbs in the next couple years and has ST value right away as well.

6th: Darius English (OLB/South Carolina)
His weight is the only thing keeping him from being a 3rd-5th Rounder. He's light for a guy 6'6" we try and utilize him on ST while adding weight on him.

7th: Eddy Piniero (K/Florida)
Highly touted kicker with a monster leg. (He's hit a 77yd FG). Piniero vs Catanzaro in pre season.

QB: McCown vs Petty vs Hackenberg
RB: Powell, Kamara, Forte
WR: Decker, Enunwa, Anderson, Patton, Smith, Peake, Marshall
TE: Howard, ASJ, Escobar
LT: Beachum, Qvale
LG: Carpenter, Dozier
C: Johnson, Eflein
RG: Winters
RT: Shell, Ijalana

DE: Wilkerson, Williams, Thomas, Johnson
DT: McClendon, Simon, Pennel
OLB: Mauldin, Jenkins, English, Martin
ILB: Lee, Brown, Reeves-Maybin, Jones
CB: Claiborne, Burris, Skrine, Stribbling, Williams, Marshall
FS: Williams, Middleton
SS: Pryor, Miles

K: Piniero vs Catanzaro
P: Edwards
LS: Purdum[/code]

I have no problem at all, you have my vote
jimbo1904

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't you think we can trade down and still get Howard? If not I'm sure a top ILB or RB...?
Just a TE at 6 scares me
Bobby816

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimbo1904 wrote:
Don't you think we can trade down and still get Howard? If not I'm sure a top ILB or RB...?
Just a TE at 6 scares me

I think that it's not easy to trade down.
Jets913

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

honestly the best mock I've seen so far. don't know how realistic it is, but great f*****g job my friend
rampantjet

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't hate it but i don't love it. I can't get overly excited taking a TE with the 6th overall pick. I know he's talented, but you'd think Bama would have used him more, especially with a young QB who would need a safety blanket.

I like Williams in the 2nd fits what we need.

I realize that Kamara has some skills but between injuries and behavior he didn't do much in college. As a team trying to rebuild their locker room I'm not sure i'd love this pick.

I'm fine with the rest of it.
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has been your best mock so far IMO. I really like how the draft went. You know I love Howard, and I really like the Williams and Elfein picks too.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsfandan423 wrote:
This has been your best mock so far IMO. I really like how the draft went. You know I love Howard, and I really like the Williams and Elfein picks too.

I like Adams quite a bit more than Hooker, but I think Adams goes too 5. And I actually think Williams is not a far drop off at all from Hooker. I like Baker at FS too, but I like Williams' size.
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I could get Fournette instead of Howard there (sticking with an offensive player) I'd love it. Absolutely against taking a tight end with the 6th pick.

In the third there we could look at another DB.
Revis4president

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha some of these people on here mind as well get on their knees for you. The mock is okay.

OJ Howard at 6? NO stop buying into the hype he's a mid to late first rounder and he's a tight end.

Eflein sucks, countless times I've watched him at Ohio state, he can totally get manhandled against bigger and stronger tackles. So how does that translate to the NFL?

Zachary brown isn't coming here it's pretty obvious.

Channing stribbling? Again like eflein he's a true example of someone with the strength to slowly get by in college but get manhandled at the next level. This dude did 5 reps at the combine on the bench or did you watch his tape against Maryland and Michigan state, he couldn't make ONE tackle ... ONE ! Both those teams ran to the outside and he again has no strength or tackling skills. Great corner back to invest in that early... NO he sucks and will be a 7th rounder. Garbage pick garbage player.

C-

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: