Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Draft with trades and explanations

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eagles4life210

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:30 pm    Post subject: Mock Draft with trades and explanations Reply with quote

Here we go, let me hear it. I'm willing to expand on any of my picks/decisions. In my opinion, this draft touches on all of our needs and frees up some more cap space for us for future moves.

Pre-Draft Trade:
Center Jason Kelce to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for 4th and 6th round picks - Tampa is looking to compete this year and I think they will be aggressive on draft day. They have the money for this and can use a veteran center. I think we can all agree that Kelce will most likely be moved around or on draft day

Draft:
1(MIN) Marlon Humphrey - Get our #1 cornerback for the next decade. Is the 1B CB in this class to Lattimores 1A. I think his issues are overblown and will be a dominant corner for a long time

TRADE- 2nd round pick + linebacker Mychal Kendricks to the Los Angeles Rams for 2nd round pick + a 2018 conditional pick
(Kendricks is another player likely to be moved after falling out of flavor with the coaching staff. We use him to trade up in the second round to get a player we had a 1st round grade on. We also get a conditional pick in the next draft which is good since we don't have a 2nd next year from the Wentz trade)

2(LAR) Malik McDowell, DT, Michigan St - Top 20 talent that falls due to consistency issues. Could be a steal. Fits Schwartz's system well and I believe would enjoy only being blocked 1-on-1 due to Cox and Graham commanding double teams. The attacking mentality of the scheme could give him that extra motivation

3 D'Onta Foreman, RB, Texas - Underrated running back to me that I think can be the lead back with Smallwood being the change of pace runner. If we don't take Cook in the 1st, this is the next best thing

4 Anthony Walker, LB, Northwestern - With Kendricks gone, the need for a linebacker is even higher than it already is. Walker is an underrated prospect that will be our 3rd linebacker this season and then will take over for Bradham after that. We only lined up with 3 linebackers less than 50% of the time last season, so having a rookie play that position should be ok

4(TB) Rasul Douglas, CB, West Virginia - Big, physical cornerback who falls due to the depth of this cornerback class. Will compete with Mills and Gratz for the #2 spot this season. Could also switch over to safety in a couple seasons too and take over for Jenkins

4(Comp) Carlos Henderson, WR, Louisiana Tech - Explosive wide receiver who can line up in the slot and outside. Potentially could be the starting slot receiver next year if Matthews isn't resigned

5 Ethan Cooper, G, IUP - Big guy, small school prospect to come in and compete and add depth. Eagles brought him in for a visit

6 Freddie Stevenson, FB, Florida St - Dougie P wants a fullback and here he is. Lots of experience blocking for productive runners and against top competition, and now will lead the way for Foreman and Smallwood

6(TB) Keionta Davis, DE, Chattanooga- Small school defensive end with a good motor and good production. Will come in and add depth and compete to get in the rotation

7 Ben Boulware, LB, Clemson - Limited athletically but has good character and a good motor. Will be a good special teamer and backup middle linebacker

Post-Draft Free Agency:

DE Devin Taylor - Experience in Schwartz system. Will compete with Curry for the spot opposite Graham

CB Patrick Robinson - Insert veteran cornerback here. I think it is a given that someone will be added since we have no experienced depth at the position. We had some interest in Robinson last year so \_(ツ)_/

Depth Chart:
QB: Wentz, Foles
RB: Foreman, Smallwood, Sproles, Marshall
FB: Stevenson
WR: Jeffery, Green-Beckham
WR: Smith, Agholor
SWR: Matthews, Henderson
TE: Ertz, Celek, Burton
LT: Peters, Tobin
LG: Warmack, Barbre
C: Wisniewski, Seumalo
RG: Brooks, Cooper
RT: Johnson, Vaitai
DE: Curry, Taylor, Davis
DT: Allen, Vaeao, Aziz
DT: Cox, McDowell
DE: Graham, Smith, McAlister
OLB: Bradham
MLB: Hicks, Boulware
OLB: Walker, Goode
CB: Humphrey, Robinson
FS: McLeod, Brooks, Maragos
SS: Jenkins, Watkins
CB: Mills, Douglas, Gratz
K: Sturgis
P: Jones
LS: Dorenbos

Thoughts?
magross

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overall I'd say C+

If Humphrey falls, I'm ok w the pick, I personally don't think he'll fall past 13.

The 2nd round trade I like the value for us, however there were reports that Kendricks wasn't worth more then a 5th round offer from teams so realistically prolly only got offered a 6th or 7th for him. So personally I think we'd have to give up more IMO especially cuz LAR don't have a 1st round pick. Maybe give em Agholor as well Smile lol

However love the McDowell pick would be a great value, however I am unsure about his motor, and taking plays off.

Not too high on foreman would rather hope Dixon falls doubtful or go with James Connor.

Walker isn't high on my list I feel there's better LB prospects ahead of him such as Bowser or Beckwith maybe Riley ehh

I don't see everyone's fascination with douglas hes physical but there's plenty of plays where in the NFL it's automatically gonna be defensive holding or pass interference

Henderson is meh IMO

Cooper, good depth pick

FB is ok I think u could wait till 7th

No to boulware give me Brandon Bell can make more of an impact then boulware and possibly compete to start next year, guaranteed he didn't get hurt he'd be in first 4 rounds.
babyatemydingo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I really like is the selection of corners in 1 and 4.
I am lukewarm, however, on the actual selections ... across the board.

I am OK with Humphrey.
Douglas, not so much.
I see his future at safety.

I was high on Foreman initially, too.
But, the more film I saw of him the more I saw him "swooping" at the line.
By that I mean he didn't have the jump-cut ability.
He takes a negative step at the line and runs around penetrating defenders.
That won't work in the NFL.

I was a huge fan of Jordan Howard last year because of his ability to side step and re-engage the north-south process, much like (but in no way equal to) LeSean McCoy.
Foreman will take too many carries for a big loss unless he can remedy this.
I just don't see it changing.
Past performance is the best indicator of future performance.

I think the Kelce trade is overly optimistic, but he does have some value.
Get a little less and I can see it.
The same applies to Kendricks.
The respective value of this is a late 4.
I don't know that the Eagles get a 4 for him.
Maybe, though.

In the end, I'm not a huge fan of the names here.
I don't even think you draft a FB these days.
They've been reduced to the category of punters and kickers now.
Be diligent on the phone when the draft ends and you have a FB.

The rest of the draft is "meh."
I don't hate it. I don't love it.

NOTE: The Eagles moved CJ Smith to the active roster from the practice squad in October.
He played one defensive snap after that.
Why would they do that?
Probably because he is in their future plans.
Had they left him on the PS, he would have been snagged.
He wasn't ready, yet.
I expect he will have every chance to compete from everything from slot CB to a primary reserve this season.

To a lesser degree you can put Josh Andrews in that group.
One season, one snap. Go figure.
He should, no will, compete with Wisniewski.
Bet.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd give it a B I think Humphrey has potential but would rather have Conley.

Love the McDowell Pick he'd be pretty good fit for us, but I think a Edge rusher is more important and more of a need hive me Tak he reminds me of Aldon Smith.

Like Freeman I wouldn't run him outside just straight iso and gut plays.. Could be the next Michael Turner..

Don't really no walker but I really like Milano from BC and you could get him later..

Douglas could be an Eagle we draft WVU players often.. Should probably double check like his size don't think he will stay at corner tho..

Henderson I like he can probably take over for Smith after a Season or two..

Like the Davis pick I know were interested

Good Mock good ideas give me Conley and Tak and a DT to replace Walker and grab Milano I'd give you an A!!
EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we trade back into round 1 for a d- lineman I'd go for Chris Harris. He'd be a good fit in the wide 9 d front.

BIRD WATCH: "WR" Nelson Agholor //36 REC//365 YARDS//2 TDS//2 stone hands//1 crippling boneheaded pentaly//1 deactivation//1 tremendous waste of a pick
FlyEaglesFly193

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesPeteC wrote:
If we trade back into round 1 for a d- lineman I'd go for Chris Harris. He'd be a good fit in the wide 9 d front.

I like him too he has good pass rush moves and got a good first step.
Jlash

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesPeteC wrote:

Charles.

Chris Harris plays for the Broncos.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlash wrote:
EaglesPeteC wrote:

Charles.

Chris Harris plays for the Broncos.

I thought that felt wrong when I typed it Laughing

BIRD WATCH: "WR" Nelson Agholor //36 REC//365 YARDS//2 TDS//2 stone hands//1 crippling boneheaded pentaly//1 deactivation//1 tremendous waste of a pick

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: