You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Total Control Mock Draft Discussion Thread 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> GM Mock Drafts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Counselor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On behalf of the future baby mamas of Forrest Lamp, Malik McDowell, Chidobe Awuzie, D'Onta Foreman, Derek Rivers, Josh Jones, Jordan Leggett, and Kenny Golladay I accept this award. It was a great task to be able to put together a better draft class than Elway will this year. There were good times, there were great times, and there were the enduring EPC's sense of humor times. There were the twitter updates from Jonnguy who I was unable to rip off in a trade once again for the third time in a row because he didn't participate in the gming. There was the steady and unwavering hand of Mike on the keyboard making the dreams of 31 other men come true allowing us to play with our metaphorical Barbie dolls via this mock. I made some trade babies and left others fatherless. If none of this makes sense blame it on my depression that TCMD is over... to my road dogs Justin_Perkins thanks for bidding your whole salary cap in UDFA. Jrrbear for your help in the mock process and Pointing out I have a posting style. I dog for your unicorn pug image that will live with me forever. Daineraider and Trojan I hate you both for being Raiders fan but I appreciate your participation. Tatupu thanks for updating the board, glad I made you work for your paycheck... To Mountainpd who I always have trade talks with but never make a trade. To Forge for being the Colts in this one who have a whole two fans on the site. To Billz for not being as volatile verbally as last time if you were even in this mock. To any of you other drunk turkeys thanks. And to myself for the endless hours of refreshing hoping I got a pm about a trade... Good Night

48 1/2ers wrote:
Ostriches have inverted knees and they're pretty athletic...

GIF of Ostrich Running Here...

The Wheat Grass Shooting Hippies made me get rid of it...
ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When its over its over. Amazing how dead the forum got. If you guys haven't seen it Wizardhawk is putting on a mock draft as well as pete's 8 man mock.

Thanks IDOG_det
bcb1213

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it does feel weird not checking in here a couple times a day
burnoutonme

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TCMD 2017 Carolina Panthers GM
FFMD 2016 Carolina Panthers GM
FFMD 2015 Carolina Panthers AGM
ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

burnoutonme wrote:

Thanks for giving us an identity with the bomb sigs.

Thanks IDOG_det
daineraider

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I posted my offseason in the Browns forum and lets just say it didnt go over as well as it did in here. I have responses of FAIL, FAIL, FAIL, and lots of GIFs throwing up. LOL. So either we are crazy for thinking I did well in here or they are being over dramatic. Either way Im pretty happy with how it turned out, but I guess I cant please everyone.

Joe_is_the_best at making sigs
squire12

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daineraider wrote:
Well I posted my offseason in the Browns forum and lets just say it didnt go over as well as it did in here. I have responses of FAIL, FAIL, FAIL, and lots of GIFs throwing up. LOL. So either we are crazy for thinking I did well in here or they are being over dramatic. Either way Im pretty happy with how it turned out, but I guess I cant please everyone.

WOW!!!

I just read the few comments that were posted in the Cleveland subforum TCMD thread.

Not sure what they are looking for.

Bridge QB and rookie QB ... check
Weapons on offense at WR, RB, TE....check
OL is solid

DL talent and depth...check
LB's and secondary solid with pieces to build around in Collins and Conley.

I am pretty sure you still retained the picks from 2018 to add further depth and other pieces going forward without crippling the salary cap situation.
daineraider

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

squire12 wrote:
daineraider wrote:

WOW!!!

I just read the few comments that were posted in the Cleveland subforum TCMD thread.

OL is solid

I am pretty sure you still retained the picks from 2018 to add further depth and other pieces going forward without crippling the salary cap situation.

I didnt add Myles Garrett and Williams/Davis so I think no matter what I did they werent going to be happy. They are focused on the Romo signing when he is only on a 1 yr transition deal. Several of the older guys I signed or traded for will be gone next year and I added a 2018 2nd and 3rd pick also. So tons of cap room going forward along with lots of early picks. I was happy I feel the offseason is similar to how Reggie built the Raiders. But its their team and I cant please all of them. I had fun and stand by most of my moves. ( If done over I would have stuck with pick 12 and went with Davis 1a and Williams 1b instead of trading)

Forge

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daineraider wrote:
squire12 wrote:
daineraider wrote:

WOW!!!

OL is solid

I didnt add Myles Garrett and Williams/Davis so I think no matter what I did they werent going to be happy. They are focused on the Romo signing when he is only on a 1 yr transition deal. Several of the older guys I signed or traded for will be gone next year and I added a 2018 2nd and 3rd pick also. So tons of cap room going forward along with lots of early picks. I was happy I feel the offseason is similar to how Reggie built the Raiders. But its their team and I cant please all of them. I had fun and stand by most of my moves. ( If done over I would have stuck with pick 12 and went with Davis 1a and Williams 1b instead of trading)

Truthfully, this is why I avoid involving the fans and one of the reasons that I like this way more than FFMD. I got tired real quick of someone always complaining. Drives me nuts. In FFMD in particular, I felt it was like pulling teeth trying to get anything accomplished, particularly trades. This one is solely on me and I'm not trying to please everyone.

I Know that some guys in here do it as more of a community effort (I know Washington was big on that in this one), and that's cool and I respect it, but I just don't want to deal with the fans, particularly when it's not even my favorite team (the 49er forum is generally good about qualifying any criticisms with "it's your thing and have fun with it, who cares what we think").

I thought you did great, particularly from an objective observer stand point.

Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
daineraider

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
daineraider wrote:
squire12 wrote:
daineraider wrote:

WOW!!!

OL is solid

Truthfully, this is why I avoid involving the fans and one of the reasons that I like this way more than FFMD. I got tired real quick of someone always complaining. Drives me nuts. In FFMD in particular, I felt it was like pulling teeth trying to get anything accomplished, particularly trades. This one is solely on me and I'm not trying to please everyone.

I Know that some guys in here do it as more of a community effort (I know Washington was big on that in this one), and that's cool and I respect it, but I just don't want to deal with the fans, particularly when it's not even my favorite team (the 49er forum is generally good about qualifying any criticisms with "it's your thing and have fun with it, who cares what we think").

I had a great time and am not really concerned with the criticism. They are acting like the Browns are a good team and I just destroyed it which kind of makes me lol. I gave them a team that would be competitive this year and going forward. I didnt post my Raiders offseason from the mock before, but after getting best offseason I thought Id see how the fans of the team would react. Not exactly what I was expecting Very Happy . I can see the disappointment of not taking Garrett and Williams/Davis/or other pick at 12 though. I expected unhappy, but not so much puke(thats what they said they would do if this offseason happened). Very Happy

ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daineraider wrote:
Forge wrote:
daineraider wrote:
squire12 wrote:
daineraider wrote:

WOW!!!

OL is solid

I had a great time and am not really concerned with the criticism. They are acting like the Browns are a good team and I just destroyed it which kind of makes me lol. I gave them a team that would be competitive this year and going forward. I didnt post my Raiders offseason from the mock before, but after getting best offseason I thought Id see how the fans of the team would react. Not exactly what I was expecting Very Happy . I can see the disappointment of not taking Garrett and Williams/Davis/or other pick at 12 though. I expected unhappy, but not so much puke(thats what they said they would do if this offseason happened). Very Happy

Giants sub forum is the same way. They hated the idea of me tagging JPP and extending his contract saying it was too much money. Yet when it happened IRL, it was a great idea.....haha.

They also thought I could have done better with the offensive line, yet Fluker signs and its great. I'm with you Forge, it gets really old quick when you put hours and hours of work into a mock only to have some simpleton, post "Garbage or Junk". You gotta love it when these guys think that they have some greater power of what the team should do or not do.

This will be the last time, we request any of you guys to post in sub forums, we'll leave that up to you to decide if its worth the headache, but again not all the sub forums are that bad.

Thanks IDOG_det
ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daineraider wrote:

Its that kind of immaturity from some of these posters that have absolutely killed ffmd. Nobody wants to GM a forum wide mock draft when you have idiots making short sided comments when they're too lazy to even get involved.

Thanks IDOG_det
Counselor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sad no one has said anything about my acceptance speech

48 1/2ers wrote:
Ostriches have inverted knees and they're pretty athletic...

GIF of Ostrich Running Here...

The Wheat Grass Shooting Hippies made me get rid of it...
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
daineraider wrote:
squire12 wrote:
daineraider wrote:

WOW!!!

OL is solid

I agree with Forge totally. This is what I told Mike when we discussed having the TCM be a forum-wide mock this year rather than an individual mock. I hate dealing with other fans. Every fan thinks he knows best what to do and that his player evaluations are infallible. It's impossible for you to please everyone.

You end up having to make two choices:
1. Put everything to a vote and not get much done; or
2. Make judgement calls and deal with complaining from those who are barely involved.

It makes being the GM miserable. You put a ton of work into crafting a strategy (and executing it), and then you get nothing but complaints from people who did nothing.

GM mocks are a lot more fun when you can just make your moves and allow people to assess how you've done at the end of the mock. Even then, you'll still have a group who will never be pleased.

Daine, you did an outstanding job. It may not be what some of the Browns fans had in mind, but they couldn't have done any better.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, the Bengals forum generally like my moves and draft picks. Of course I kept Whitworth and Zeitler instead of hanging Dalton out to dry behind 2 new tackles.

I can certainly understand why Browns fans didn't like the TCM Browns offseason. Daine traded Joe Thomas, the Browns best player, for a guy who is younger but not nearly as good. Romo is unlikely to stay healthy all year so you're basically turning things over to Watson. The defense looks like a mish-mash to me. As a Bengals fan I wouldn't be afraid of it. In a mock where players take the most money, the Browns should clean up with over 100 mil in cap space. Real life Browns find it harder to get players to take their money.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> GM Mock Drafts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50
Page 50 of 50

Jump to: