You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Newton to undergo surgery for partially torn rotator cuff

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iknowcool

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject: Newton to undergo surgery for partially torn rotator cuff Reply with quote

On his throwing shoulder, no less.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000794249/article/cam-newton-to-have-surgery-on-throwing-shoulder

Quote:
Carolina's star quarterback is going under the knife.

Cam Newton will undergo surgery on his throwing shoulder to repair a partially torn rotator cuff on March 30, the Panthers announced Tuesday.

"It is well-documented and well-researched that overhead throwing athletes commonly have wear and tear to their rotator cuffs," head athletic trainer Ryan Vermillion said. "As a result of the MRI, we modified all of Cam's work in the weight room and on the field for the final three weeks of the season."

This explains why he performed so poorly down the stretch. Say what you want about Cam, his accuracy is spotty or whatever, but he looked especially bad in the final 6 or so weeks of the season that was beyond the norm for him. It was known for awhile that he had a shoulder injury, but not to this extent.

Hopefully he's 100% by the start of the season. I remember with his ankle injury, he never looked right in 2014. Granted he went through a bunch of other injuries that season like his ribs, hand, and back, but the ankle always seemed like the number one issue.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I understand why he played after the SD game, but I wish he didn't.

JF16 Forever
Lasus83

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is a little surprising that he is doing this so late after the end of the season.

FFMD 15 - General Manager
FFMD 16 - Asst. General Manager
Zithers

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supposedly happened during Chargers game? Which wouldn't explain his horrible accuracy before that game...

Whatever it is, I hope he's back in 2015 form.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why now?? Shouldn't this have been taken care of much earlier???

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

atown703 wrote:

I heard on a local sports talk show that they waited to do the surgery because the typical treatment for partially torn rotator cuff injuries is rest and more severe one's require surgery.

The thing that ticks me off is they knew he had a shoulder injury right after that game because they did a MRI on his shoulder. Why risk that he would further injure his shoulder when we are 5-8? They decided to rest Luke because of his concussion injury but throw Cam out there with a partially torn rotator cuff and [inappropriate/removed] poor offensive line. How does that make any sense?
Lasus83

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yesweCAM wrote:
atown703 wrote:

I heard on a local sports talk show that they waited to do the surgery because the typical treatment for partially torn rotator cuff injuries is rest and more severe one's require surgery.

The thing that ticks me off is they knew he had a shoulder injury right after that game because they did a MRI on his shoulder. Why risk that he would further injure his shoulder when we are 5-8? They decided to rest Luke because of his concussion injury but throw Cam out there with a partially torn rotator cuff and [inappropriate/removed] poor offensive line. How does that make any sense?

Agreed. Unacceptable to play a hurt franchise QB in meaningless games.

Side note - The injury was sustained on a play that ya'll will remember.

There was an INT in the end zone where KB quit on a route to complain to the reff's about PI. Cam chased down the CB and got hurt diving for a tackle. That is to say, if KB wasn't a lazy cry baby mother fukker, Cam doesn't get hurt. God it ticks me off.

They "said" that the injury is a common one and that it was just a pain management thing with Cam... but YOU RESTED LUKE.... you should have rested any/all top tier players after a lost season was clear. After the Chargers loss, the odds of a playoff birth was sub 5%...

They "hope" that cam will be ready for Training Camp. "hope" being the operative word. This could plague us for the start of the 17/18 season. Poor Coaching call... poor management of the situation. VERY disappointing.

FFMD 15 - General Manager
FFMD 16 - Asst. General Manager
Toughguy77

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing that frightens me the most with this injury is that the doctors don't know the severity of it until they go in and perform surgery.

Praying we don't get an injured Cam coming out of the gate similar to the 2014 season post ankle surgery.

Carolina Panthers
Gamecocks-Jake Bentley watch
Forever To Thee

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: