Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Watching the 2014 Draft QB's, who's going to succeed?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
byuvike88

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heimdallr wrote:
I'd love to see the Bears sell the farm for Garoppolo. He could end up being a good QB, but trading a ton for an unproven QB who will need to be paid A LOT and will be surrounded by a bad team is usually a recipe for disaster.

And then the Pats will be loaded again...not that it really matters

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

byuvike88 wrote:
Heimdallr wrote:
I'd love to see the Bears sell the farm for Garoppolo. He could end up being a good QB, but trading a ton for an unproven QB who will need to be paid A LOT and will be surrounded by a bad team is usually a recipe for disaster.

And then the Pats will be loaded again...not that it really matters

You do what you gotta do to try to get that franchise QB. I don't believe Garoppolo is that guy...and we see what happened the last time the Bears traded for a guy who grew up a Bears fan.

Thx to Lil Uno!
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my guess is if New England trades him, they didn't see a future with him anyways, because otherwise he'd be invaluable to them. that might not be the case for any other position, but being the team's QB should be viewed on a much grander scale.

although I wouldn't feel too comfortable with Jacoby Brissett as the only other QB on the roster.

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the most part, the Friday Tom Coughlin process was quintessential Tom Coughlin. Direct. Candid but guarded, and candid about being guarded. On one of the first questions, however, Coughlin was asked a direct question and evaded it. Asked whether he is committed to Blake Bortles as the team’s starting quarterback, Coughlin opted not to say “yes” or “no.” The end result was a convoluted way of saying, “Maybe.”

Coughlin: “There’s plenty of work for everybody to do, Blake included. To raise the game to a higher level, it takes all components as well. That’s why I mentioned the protection first of all. Being at the right place at the right time, the timing, taking care of the football, which is paramount to that position. There can be no way the ball is turned over to that extent. I think he’d be the first one to say that he has a lot of work to do, but we all have a lot of work to do; I’m going to put it that way.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/02/24/tom-coughlin-tiptoes-around-commitment-to-blake-bortles/

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
NorthCountryEvo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly, I think given a year off when entering the league along with a good QB coach or veteran mentor, Bortles could have developed into an above average QB, which is generally all you need to be competitive. He still could develop, but he has to have better decision making and get his accuracy under control.

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, and I looked and behold, a Pale Horse...

And his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him."

NSDQ
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Johnny Manziel returns to the NFL, it could be as the backup to Drew Brees. That’s the word from Ian Rapoport of NFL Network, who reports that Saints coach Sean Payton has taken an interest in Manziel and talked to him about a return to football.

In New Orleans, Manziel would have no chance of earning a starting job, but he could earn a spot as a backup to Brees, where he’d learn from a veteran quarterback and perhaps get himself ready to be a starter some day.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/23/sean-payton-reportedly-speaking-with-johnny-manziel/

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
SemperFeist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Orleans. The perfect city for Manziel to stay out of trouble.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60
Page 60 of 60

Jump to: