Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Titans Draft Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
The only way we draft OJ Howard is if we want 21 personnel that can basically become 11 personnel without swapping any players. Any random blocking TE fits what we have done on offense, Howard just allows us to do so much more.

I don't know why everyone thinks we need to draft a first RD CB and that we can't wait until the third RD to pick one up. CB, to me, is one of the few positions that sees middle rounders thrive. I probably wouldn't ever spend a first on one unless I thought he was elite.

To me, there were 3 CBs I would have used a 1st on... none of them with the 5th overall... Jones, Lattimore, and White... in that order. I see Lattimore as a slight reach at 5... but with Jone's injury dropping him out of the first, it seems Lattimore has separated himself from the field, and if the Titans have him as the top player... even if they would ideally take him at 8, but can't trade down... then be it. If White's there at 18, I have no problem taking him... but like I've said before, I don't really see any likely pick at 5 or 18 that I'd be too upset about.

There is good CB depth... that next tier looks great, and I'd love if we drafted any of those in the 2nd... Humphrey, Conley, Tankersley, Tabor, etc (even Jones who I'd take with any pick in the 2nd).

I think I heard Scheffter say that teams will find 2nd round CB talent in the 4th this year. I think it'll start drying up in the 3rd... where I see a lot of the smaller "slot" guys going... guys like Kazee, Sutton, Elder, etc...

Again, I would ideally love to trade out of 5... get into the 2nd... and walk away with 2 CBs by the end of the 3rd... along with a WR (I still would like to bring in a vet WR to replace Douglas and be our 2/3)... and 2 other players at whatever positions...

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100
Page 100 of 100

Jump to: