Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Alonso agrees to extension

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
green4gulf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:31 pm    Post subject: Alonso agrees to extension Reply with quote

Kiko Alonso has agreed with the Dolphins on a contract extension that will last through 2020 with $18.5 M garaunteed.

http://phinphanatic.com/2017/03/21/kiko-alonso-signs-extension-dolphins/
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little more than I would've liked to resign him for, but he's literally our only serviceable linebacker. We kinda had to do it.

Still, $18.5M is a lot of guaranteed money for a Linebacker who couldn't stay healthy before last year.

Nacho Simulation Football League
Stars

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turned out to be a very good trade nevertheless, didn't it?
freak_of_nature

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stars wrote:

I was just about to say this.

Getting Tunsil and a good young LB just for trading down just a few spots. Yes and Please.

I think the higher % of guaranteed money is something that will be the norm soon for NFL contracts.
Stars

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

freak_of_nature wrote:
Stars wrote:

I was just about to say this.

Getting Tunsil and a good young LB just for trading down just a few spots. Yes and Please.

I think the higher % of guaranteed money is something that will be the norm soon for NFL contracts.
Interesting question as to whether Miami would have taken the risk on Tunsil if the trade down hadn't happen. In hindsight, it's quite delicious...
cddolphin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At roughly $7.2 million per season for the next 4 years, it makes him the 8th-highest paid 4-3 LB, without taking into account contract inflation.

It's a bit high.. but not unreasonable. I would have preferred he played out the season on his RFA contract, but it's not a bad move either.

Important to note that Kiko said yesterday he'd be open to play any LB spot, despite reports that he "preferred" MLB.
hrubes20

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
At roughly $7.2 million per season for the next 4 years, it makes him the 8th-highest paid 4-3 LB, without taking into account contract inflation.

It's a bit high.. but not unreasonable. I would have preferred he played out the season on his RFA contract, but it's not a bad move either.

Important to note that Kiko said yesterday he'd be open to play any LB spot, despite reports that he "preferred" MLB.

That makes it sound worse than it is, as only half of the teams in the NFL run a 4-3 base defense. Zero issues with this deal. Give him some competent help in that LB corps and I think he will continue to shine.

Big thanks to Big_Palooka on the sig!
ericsvibe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:

From what I have read, Kiko will be moved to WLB, Timmons will be MLB, and a rookie or Misi at SLB.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: