Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Post free agency mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FlyEaglesFly193

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeSean Jackson wrote:
FlyEaglesFly193 wrote:
DeSean Jackson wrote:
Jlash wrote:
DeSean Jackson wrote:
Mccafferey is just not that fast, pretty weak and is not powerful at all and won't tire out a defense running the ball. I see him getting tackled a lot on arm tackles. I just don't see him as a rb I'd run 20-25 times a game.

Yea he's terrible. Guy can't do anything, 7th rounder or UDFA for sure. Rolling Eyes

Never said that, just think hes never going to live up to the 14th pick. I see him as a poor mans Reggie bush. Cook is a way better runner and has all the attributes to succeed. He ran behind a poor oline and thrived behind it. Cook sets up blockers better, better game speed, vision and has more power. People over value the catching for a rb, I would way rather the guy that's better running the football than a guy that's a better receiver. I honestly would pick Mixon over Caff

I think the only thing Cook has is power over McCaffery tbh I think McCaffery has better vision and let's his blockers set up where he goes which is ideal in a ZBS its not about setting blocks but reading the correct gap to hit and when Cook is good at it but like I said Caff does it like Bell and to me Bell is the 2nd best back behind Zeke

Bell is the best back in the league and I think Mixon compares to him better then caff. What I mean by setting up blocks is he can make something out of nothing by baiting defenders into blocks and holes and cut into a different hole for a big gain and he does this very well. I don't see Mccaffrey making runs on his own the way cook can. Mccafferey relies on his good oline and waits patiently behind that oline until a hole opens up. I can do that. Cook makes holes for himself by setting the defenders up when nothing is there. I just think cook is the better overal back.

I think Cook relies way to much on his speed and his Oline play looks great he is consistently not touched for 10 yards and I think he has speed on tape but didn't show elite speed at the combine he has good vision and has great balance which he should he's short his tape is so much like Spillers was just burning everyone that tries to tackle him. I like Cook I honestly do but he has major red flags and he won't be the fastest player on the field anymore and won't be able to beat everyone to the edge consistently in NFL.. Cook= 2nd coming of Felix Jones IMO I just watched Cook for 30 minutes now I got to go watch Caff again
killdawabbit

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesPeteC wrote:
DeSean Jackson wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
DeSean Jackson wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
DeSean Jackson wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
Floyd has been dealing with a knee injury for 2 years. No thanks.
We're not taking Cook over Caff imo, which is why we haven't interviewed Caff and won't.
Conley probably won't be available at that pick.
3 cb's and then a safety all in a row is pretty silly.
Phillips probably would be an LB convert, because he's most likely not gaining the 20 lbs needed to play DE. I do like him a lot as an lb convert though.

Floyd would be a monster in this scheme and he's healthy now. Conley like Pete said might fall because of teams liking other cbs more or just passing on them because of the depth. Well yeah when you need cbs and its your biggest weakness, I like the idea of taking 3 straight cbs in a deep draft. You can get other positions next year. Jenkins isn't getting any younger.They're all very good prospects. I do think Eagles will take Cook over caff.... Cook can catch just as well as Mccafferey and a way better everydown runner then caff in the NFL.

Cook is a terrible person. Why not take the better terrible person, Joe Mixon, in round 2?
Also, we ain't getting Eddie Jackson in round 5.

So, what makes him such a terrible person

Dalvin Cook? You serious? You don't know about his history? If he wasn't a star athlete who a lot of people want to succeed, he'd probably be in jail.
I'm not saying he can't end up being a good person the rest of the way, but no way in hell I'd draft him in round 1 if I was a GM. Certainly not top 15.

I know that he was not guilty in a battery charge. This is like a reoccurring thing that keeps happening. Girls lying to the police to screw over there lives and its happening with Jourdan Lewis now. I don't buy it at all unless there's proof like Mixon.

DJ is not wrong here. That happens exponentially more than you appear to think. That's not saying there are no scumbag athletes. It's not an all or nothing proposition one way or the other.
killdawabbit

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FlyEaglesFly193 wrote:

Everything your saying goes against his tape he runs through arm tackles has break away speed elite quickness and agility can catch the ball like a receiver and run routes like one can return punts and has a similar running style to LeVeon Bell meaning he runs with patience and when he sees a hole he will explode through it. I think you need to rewatch his tape tbh he not small just skinny and he will probably add 5-15 pounds in a year to 2

I've been warming to Mccaffrey as a prospect lately, but LOLwut? I have seen him get absolutely rag dolled by DBs who will never sniff a down in the NFL way too often. And he simply does not have that extra gear. He will get caught from behind probably more than he should.

That said, he does have good vision, loose hips, good hands, and the best feet of any RB in the last 2 drafts save Elliot (who has ridiculous footwork).
killdawabbit

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:24 am    Post subject: Re: Post free agency mock Reply with quote

DeSean Jackson wrote:
After free agency we have filled positions of need at WR, and added to a stacked line. We have pieces we can move in Kelce and Kendricks.

Free agency

Andrew Gachkar OLB

Trades

Shariff Floyd from vikings for Jason Kelce and a 4th round pick

Floyd is on contract year with the vikings and they are willing to trade him instead of letting him go for nothing. He's a Philly native and will be a huge addition to our pass rush

Draft

1) Dalvin Cook HB FSU
He's a playmaker and I think he's going to be a great back in this league.

2) Gareon Conley CB Ohio
Tons of potential, fits scheme well.

3) TRADE Eagles trade Kendricks and our 3rd for chiefs 2nd
Chidobe Awuzie CB Colorado
Comes in gets some outside work this year and then when Sidney Jones gets healthy, he moves inside.

Browns 4) Sidney Jones CB Washington
Was my 2nd favorite CB in the draft until his injury. He has lockdown potential. Drops due to injury.

5) Eddie Jackson Safety Alabama
Terrific safety and will take over for Jenkins who is about to turn 30.

6) Carol Philips DE Illinois
Good passrusher that falls due to character issues

7) Freddie Stevenson FB FSU
Blocked for Cook and have a good chemistry. Doug wants a Fb in his system

I would be surprised to see the Eagles draft any RB in round 1 this year.

To get Conley, you will be spending pick 14 or trading way up. He will not be there for the Eagles' second. Depending on who you talk to he is somewhere between the second and 4th best CB in this draft. Even if teams like both Humphrey and White better, he won't make it to round 2.

You will need to spend 43 on Awuzie. He won't be there past the mid 2nd even, or especially, if there is a run on the position.

For the record, going into the season with Conley and Awuzie on the outside is as close to ideal as you could get if you are relying on drafting 2 potential starters.
EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

killdawabbit wrote:
EaglesPeteC wrote:
DeSean Jackson wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
DeSean Jackson wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
DeSean Jackson wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
Floyd has been dealing with a knee injury for 2 years. No thanks.
We're not taking Cook over Caff imo, which is why we haven't interviewed Caff and won't.
Conley probably won't be available at that pick.
3 cb's and then a safety all in a row is pretty silly.
Phillips probably would be an LB convert, because he's most likely not gaining the 20 lbs needed to play DE. I do like him a lot as an lb convert though.

Floyd would be a monster in this scheme and he's healthy now. Conley like Pete said might fall because of teams liking other cbs more or just passing on them because of the depth. Well yeah when you need cbs and its your biggest weakness, I like the idea of taking 3 straight cbs in a deep draft. You can get other positions next year. Jenkins isn't getting any younger.They're all very good prospects. I do think Eagles will take Cook over caff.... Cook can catch just as well as Mccafferey and a way better everydown runner then caff in the NFL.

Cook is a terrible person. Why not take the better terrible person, Joe Mixon, in round 2?
Also, we ain't getting Eddie Jackson in round 5.

So, what makes him such a terrible person

Dalvin Cook? You serious? You don't know about his history? If he wasn't a star athlete who a lot of people want to succeed, he'd probably be in jail.
I'm not saying he can't end up being a good person the rest of the way, but no way in hell I'd draft him in round 1 if I was a GM. Certainly not top 15.

I know that he was not guilty in a battery charge. This is like a reoccurring thing that keeps happening. Girls lying to the police to screw over there lives and its happening with Jourdan Lewis now. I don't buy it at all unless there's proof like Mixon.

DJ is not wrong here. That happens exponentially more than you appear to think. That's not saying there are no scumbag athletes. It's not an all or nothing proposition one way or the other.

No, he is very wrong and it happens far less than you are lead to believe or that you want to believe.

Source: 2,000 years of human history

BIRD WATCH: "WR" Nelson Agholor //36 REC//365 YARDS//2 TDS//2 stone hands//1 crippling boneheaded pentaly//1 deactivation//1 tremendous waste of a pick
EagleDeegle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After some thought, I have a few critiques.

I don't think the eagles will go RB in round 1. And I think dalvin might fall to the 2nd. Character concern guys who don't test well fall

Conley will go in the first round, or the very top of the 2nd.

Not sure Awuzi lasts till the 3rd (definitely not Sidney to the 4th)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: