FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

We are transitioning to a new forum software platform. Your current password will not work after August 12th. Update the email in your profile so you are not locked out. Click here for more information.

Raiders sign Marshall Newhouse OT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RoyalMajesty51o

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightTrainLane wrote:
RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
Dessie wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
Jamethus92 wrote:
Dessie wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Synyster wrote:
Quote:
Jordan Raanan‏Verified account @JordanRaanan

Marshall Newshouse's deal with Raiders was for 2 years and $3.5 million. Can earn another $1 million in playing time bonuses. #NFLFreeAgency

That's fair for a backup.

Yup, you think we keep Howard unless we get someone in the draft?

I'm not so sure Howard sticks around either way. We might be letting Newhouse compete with Alexander and Kirkland for RT.

Vadal Alexander and Denver Kirkland are not athletic and quick enough to play out in space. That's why they dropped mightily in the 2016 NFL Draft. They are better in the box. Let's just please stop thinking a 7th round player or a undrafted player could be the answer at RT. Draft Taylor Moton in the 2nd round of the 2017 NFL Draft and we will stop worrying about the RT for the next couple of years.

Vadal could be putting in work to get to a place to compete there. He has the skill set but needed to work on his footwork and his body makeup. I can see him in the running for the RT spot if he really gets after it this offseason. Kirkland is a RG IMO.

BTW There are plenty of guys that were undrafted or 7th rd picks that start on the OLine. Penn was a 7th rd pick and started 12 games his 2nd yr at LT for instance.

Penn went undrafted.

Dang I actually caught that but didn't change it. Thanks for the assist.

Sure Train. Sure.

The difference is Penn played well in college, never allowed a sack, went undrafted because he didn't have the typical LT measurements, and still showed he can still play LT even in the NFL. At 6-4, Penn is the shortest LT in the NFL.

Both Alexander and Kirkland struggled in space and showed they didn't have the skill set to be RTs, which again is why they dropped in the 2016 NFL Draft. However, they both showed they were quality guards in college especially LG-Vadal Alexander. There's nothing wrong with being LGs and RGs, but to think they can play RT every Sunday just because they played RT before even though they struggled in space would not be a smart decision. I would rather have good LG and RG depth with LG-Vadal Alexander and RG-Denver Kirkland than having a starting RT that will be a liability.

All I'm saying is that they have the org around them to improve their skill set. None of us know what they are doing in the off season but I would bet they are improving their diet and working on their body, footwork, technique and conditioning. All of which would help their issues in space. Never said it was a sure thing, just that if Vadal puts in the work he should get a shot. I'm also the first person touting for Moton to be drafted in here. I want the position fixed. Just understand this is real life and not my personal football video game where I'm the GM.

LMAOOOOOooooOOOO!!! Sorry to bust your bubble, but I HIGHLY doubt you was the first person that called for the Raiders to go after RT-Taylor Moton. Jacka is a huge fan of RT-Taylor Moton and so am I. Him and I brought up Moton to be drafted to the Raiders plenty of times especially when I had those mock drafts. There were others as well that called for Moton to be drafted here, but like many of us, we don't always feel the need to say I'm the first person to call this and that.

Anywho, the bottom line is I would rather have a player that's more suited to play RT than experiencing around with a LG and RG to see if they can play RT. If they're better off as offensive guards than offensive tackles, no need to ruin it. LG-Kelechi Osemele showed he can handle some LT duties and can be a serviceable LT, but he's better off as a All-Pro LG.

You harp on the guys you bring up so much that it's worst than someone mentioning they were the first to point someone out. You adding that winkie smile emoji doesn't make it better and most of the time know cares about the UDFA you think you discovered.

I had Moton in my first mock on Jan 17th and I may have mentioned him in the draft thread prior to that. I didn't notice anyone bring him up before that but if you have proof then by all means bring it forth...

Wait, let me guess, you don't care enough or something. You only care enough to attack me on it but not to back up your claims as usual.

As for you argument of "experiencing around with" (what?) our rookies. I don't dispute they are better at G guard the moment and have campaigned from day 1 for an more suitable T to be brought in either in FA or the draft. The only point I was making was that since Vadal has played T at a high level before, he could use the support of an NFL program and coaching to improve enough in space to challenge the likes of Newhouse, a rookie or Howard for the RT spot. Whether you prefer it or not doesn't make it untrue.

Why are you taking it so personal? PUAHA!!! I'm just calling it like it is. You give yourself way too much credit and full of yourself around here when others already scouted/discovered/called it before you did. I called for RB-DeAndre Washington months before the 2016 NFL Draft, but you don't see me wanting a parade or a cookie for it.

I would place my bet on Jacka (Coughman) that he was the 1st one that brought up Moton first around here because he always had him in his mock drafts. Take it how you want it, but please just stop being so full of yourself. You're not the first one to everything around here. If I wanted to see someone that's full of himself, I would turn on the news, catch the guy with the orange tan, and hope his wigg fall off. Have a good night Train. Don't take it too personal because I actually do enjoy some of your posts.
NightTrainLane

Location: On the wall defending Reggie from all blasphemous heretics!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
Dessie wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
Jamethus92 wrote:
Dessie wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Synyster wrote:
Quote:

Marshall Newshouse's deal with Raiders was for 2 years and $3.5 million. Can earn another $1 million in playing time bonuses. #NFLFreeAgency

I'm not so sure Howard sticks around either way. We might be letting Newhouse compete with Alexander and Kirkland for RT.

Vadal Alexander and Denver Kirkland are not athletic and quick enough to play out in space. That's why they dropped mightily in the 2016 NFL Draft. They are better in the box. Let's just please stop thinking a 7th round player or a undrafted player could be the answer at RT. Draft Taylor Moton in the 2nd round of the 2017 NFL Draft and we will stop worrying about the RT for the next couple of years.

Vadal could be putting in work to get to a place to compete there. He has the skill set but needed to work on his footwork and his body makeup. I can see him in the running for the RT spot if he really gets after it this offseason. Kirkland is a RG IMO.

BTW There are plenty of guys that were undrafted or 7th rd picks that start on the OLine. Penn was a 7th rd pick and started 12 games his 2nd yr at LT for instance.

Penn went undrafted.

Sure Train. Sure.

The difference is Penn played well in college, never allowed a sack, went undrafted because he didn't have the typical LT measurements, and still showed he can still play LT even in the NFL. At 6-4, Penn is the shortest LT in the NFL.

Both Alexander and Kirkland struggled in space and showed they didn't have the skill set to be RTs, which again is why they dropped in the 2016 NFL Draft. However, they both showed they were quality guards in college especially LG-Vadal Alexander. There's nothing wrong with being LGs and RGs, but to think they can play RT every Sunday just because they played RT before even though they struggled in space would not be a smart decision. I would rather have good LG and RG depth with LG-Vadal Alexander and RG-Denver Kirkland than having a starting RT that will be a liability.

All I'm saying is that they have the org around them to improve their skill set. None of us know what they are doing in the off season but I would bet they are improving their diet and working on their body, footwork, technique and conditioning. All of which would help their issues in space. Never said it was a sure thing, just that if Vadal puts in the work he should get a shot. I'm also the first person touting for Moton to be drafted in here. I want the position fixed. Just understand this is real life and not my personal football video game where I'm the GM.

LMAOOOOOooooOOOO!!! Sorry to bust your bubble, but I HIGHLY doubt you was the first person that called for the Raiders to go after RT-Taylor Moton. Jacka is a huge fan of RT-Taylor Moton and so am I. Him and I brought up Moton to be drafted to the Raiders plenty of times especially when I had those mock drafts. There were others as well that called for Moton to be drafted here, but like many of us, we don't always feel the need to say I'm the first person to call this and that.

Anywho, the bottom line is I would rather have a player that's more suited to play RT than experiencing around with a LG and RG to see if they can play RT. If they're better off as offensive guards than offensive tackles, no need to ruin it. LG-Kelechi Osemele showed he can handle some LT duties and can be a serviceable LT, but he's better off as a All-Pro LG.

You harp on the guys you bring up so much that it's worst than someone mentioning they were the first to point someone out. You adding that winkie smile emoji doesn't make it better and most of the time know cares about the UDFA you think you discovered.

I had Moton in my first mock on Jan 17th and I may have mentioned him in the draft thread prior to that. I didn't notice anyone bring him up before that but if you have proof then by all means bring it forth...

Wait, let me guess, you don't care enough or something. You only care enough to attack me on it but not to back up your claims as usual.

As for you argument of "experiencing around with" (what?) our rookies. I don't dispute they are better at G guard the moment and have campaigned from day 1 for an more suitable T to be brought in either in FA or the draft. The only point I was making was that since Vadal has played T at a high level before, he could use the support of an NFL program and coaching to improve enough in space to challenge the likes of Newhouse, a rookie or Howard for the RT spot. Whether you prefer it or not doesn't make it untrue.

Why are you taking it so personal? PUAHA!!! I'm just calling it like it is. You give yourself way too much credit and full of yourself around here when others already scouted/discovered/called it before you did. I called for RB-DeAndre Washington months before the 2016 NFL Draft, but you don't see me wanting a parade or a cookie for it.

I would place my bet on Jacka (Coughman) that he was the 1st one that brought up Moton first around here because he always had him in his mock drafts. Take it how you want it, but please just stop being so full of yourself. You're not the first one to everything around here. If I wanted to see someone that's full of himself, I would turn on the news, catch the guy with the orange tan, and hope his wigg fall off. Have a good night Train. Don't take it too personal because I actually do enjoy some of your posts.

Talk about personal...

You just wrote 2 paragraphs about how full of myself you think I am off one comment I made, A comment that was a factual statement you couldn't refute or you would have.

You ignored the part of my post where I laid out the point that statement was supporting because there was no way for you to turn that into something personal. That's how you try to score points when you know you're football arguments won't come off well. I always try to edit myself and bring it back to football. I try...

So take some of your own advice and lets see if you can refrain from relying to this.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there shouldn't be a 4 page thread on a player that we hope never sees the field
RoyalMajesty51o

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightTrainLane wrote:
RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
Dessie wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
Jamethus92 wrote:
Dessie wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Synyster wrote:
Quote:

Penn went undrafted.

Sure Train. Sure.

Talk about personal...

You just wrote 2 paragraphs about how full of myself you think I am off one comment I made, A comment that was a factual statement you couldn't refute or you would have.

You ignored the part of my post where I laid out the point that statement was supporting because there was no way for you to turn that into something personal. That's how you try to score points when you know you're football arguments won't come off well. I always try to edit myself and bring it back to football. I try...

So take some of your own advice and lets see if you can refrain from relying to this.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=579331&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=555

^^^ There you go. Coughman's mock draft with Moton was clearly way before your Jan-17th mock draft with Moton. I knew it was Jacka or somebody else that was the 1st one that brought up Moton around here, but typical Train. You always feel the need to say I'm the first person to this or first person to that. Just stop being so full of yourself. It's quite annoying.
NightTrainLane

Location: On the wall defending Reggie from all blasphemous heretics!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
Dessie wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
Jamethus92 wrote:
Dessie wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Synyster wrote:
Quote:

Penn went undrafted.

Sure Train. Sure.

Talk about personal...

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=579331&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=555

^^^ There you go. Coughman's mock draft with Moton was clearly way before your Jan-17th mock draft with Moton. I knew it was Jacka or somebody else that was the 1st one that brought up Moton around here, but typical Train. You always feel the need to say I'm the first person to this or first person to that. Just stop being so full of yourself. It's quite annoying.

I knew you couldn't do it.

It was one statement that I believed was true, not a constant thing I do. I missed or didn't remember Coughman bringing him up and it was part of a football point I was making and not a personal attack like you always try to devolve the discussion into.

Once again my point was that since Vadal has played T at a high level before, he could use the support of an NFL program and coaching to improve enough in space to challenge the likes of Newhouse, a rookie or Howard for the RT spot. Whether you prefer it or not doesn't make it untrue.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys......really?

C'mon.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: