Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders sign Jelani Jenkins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Rich7sena


Joined: 12 Sep 2009
Posts: 6850
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DC4_Life wrote:
Updated depth chat
WLB: Jenkins, Ball/Heeney
MLB: ??????, James
SLB: Irvin, Aldon/Cowser
Still need at least one LB... ball and Henry could be easy cuts too

Perry Riley is a likely re-sign based on Vic Tafur's reports.

I see linebacker being pushed back to a 3rd/4th round need in Reggie's eyes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oakdb36


Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Posts: 17037
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich7sena wrote:


I see linebacker being pushed back to a 3rd/4th round need in Reggie's eyes.


I don't. RM was always going to adress glaring holes before the draft because he doesn't want to have to pick a position early. But Riley and Jenkins are stopgaps so it's still a need.
_________________
Plush wrote:
Papa was a trolling stone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chwf3rd25


Joined: 27 Aug 2015
Posts: 270
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good signing if he's not being relied upon as a starter, we still need to add at least two more bodies at LB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RaiderX


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 24233
Location: Crown Town, CA
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like a guy who's development was hampered by nagging injuries. If he's healthy this could be a really solid signing.
_________________

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
DC4_Life


Joined: 21 Apr 2016
Posts: 514
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
If Ball is healthy, I don't see how it's necessarily an "easy" cut. Big if though
both could be easy cuts because Henney was a flop, and ball always gets hurt.. have to have players who are reliable..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
BayRaider


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 5092
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like we re-sign Riley and have this guy compete with a 3rd-4th Round Rookie for WLB.

Obviously our team doesn't value the second level of the defense and we will just have to trust that judgment. I see Reggie drafting a DL in the 1st. Reggie will always value the trenches over anything else by far.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
raidr4life


Joined: 10 Jan 2010
Posts: 8682
Location: Fresno, California
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eddie Borsilli‏ @Borsilli 6h6 hours ago
More
Text from someone I trust with the Dolphins.. (Jelani) Jenkins upside is pro bowl level but needs to stay out of the training room
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rich7sena


Joined: 12 Sep 2009
Posts: 6850
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BayRaider wrote:
Looks like we re-sign Riley and have this guy compete with a 3rd-4th Round Rookie for WLB.

Obviously our team doesn't value the second level of the defense and we will just have to trust that judgment. I see Reggie drafting a DL in the 1st. Reggie will always value the trenches over anything else by far.

I don't think Reggie goes D-line in round 1. I'd be more willing to bet he'd go offensive tackle, but he's invested relatively heavily in the defensive line in the past two drafts (Ward, Edwards).

I think he'll let the board come to him, as he always does, but I'm starting to see the stars align for Melifonwu, offensive tackle, or corner. I really don't want to draft the latter in the first round.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
raiderrocker18


Joined: 09 Dec 2014
Posts: 5040
Location: Los Angeles
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BayRaider wrote:
Looks like we re-sign Riley and have this guy compete with a 3rd-4th Round Rookie for WLB.

Obviously our team doesn't value the second level of the defense and we will just have to trust that judgment. I see Reggie drafting a DL in the 1st. Reggie will always value the trenches over anything else by far.

or it just means that they would rather address it through the draft than free agency
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Synyster


Joined: 06 Nov 2009
Posts: 517
Location: Conley Island
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in my expert opinion this is a slight upgrade from malcom smith at a friendlier price. he's a bargain assuming that he can stay relatively healthy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
raiderrocker18


Joined: 09 Dec 2014
Posts: 5040
Location: Los Angeles
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) check the news and see your team signed a player you literally never heard of. ever.

2) immediately see what rotoworld says about him. go back and read their old blurbs, until you get far back enough where they actually say some positive things

3) check for youtube highights

4) read old scouting reports

5) deduce that "this is a pretty good signing, he's an upgrade over -insert player you just lost- "

6) ????

7) profit
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Synyster


Joined: 06 Nov 2009
Posts: 517
Location: Conley Island
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raiderrocker18 wrote:
1) check the news and see your team signed a player you literally never heard of. ever.

2) immediately see what rotoworld says about him. go back and read their old blurbs, until you get far back enough where they actually say some positive things

3) check for youtube highights

4) read old scouting reports

5) deduce that "this is a pretty good signing, he's an upgrade over -insert player you just lost- "

6) ????

7) profit


in my expert opinion there is no need for any of this nonsense you've written if you had actually scouted the player previously Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DC4_Life


Joined: 21 Apr 2016
Posts: 514
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Synyster wrote:
raiderrocker18 wrote:
1) check the news and see your team signed a player you literally never heard of. ever.

2) immediately see what rotoworld says about him. go back and read their old blurbs, until you get far back enough where they actually say some positive things

3) check for youtube highights

4) read old scouting reports

5) deduce that "this is a pretty good signing, he's an upgrade over -insert player you just lost- "

6) ????

7) profit


in my expert opinion there is no need for any of this nonsense you've written if you had actually scouted the player previously Wink
I knew about him on Dolphins. No low risk and decent reward at a position of weakness
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
mct288


Joined: 23 Feb 2015
Posts: 72
Location: VA
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DC4_Life wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
If Ball is healthy, I don't see how it's necessarily an "easy" cut. Big if though
both could be easy cuts because Henney was a flop, and ball always gets hurt.. have to have players who are reliable..


Heeney is a flop, and is a fine cut in my eyes. But when Ball is healthy, he shows he can play. So far, he has been no harm no foul cause he hasn't taken up a roster spot. He may be waived/injured at some point, or he might not be resigned as a FA. However, he is most likely going to be a better player than those who are vying for the same spot as him, and as long as he can be active or hidden on IR, then I don't see a reason to cut him. He is cheap, controlled, and has upside. The team won't rely on everyone that makes the 53, so he's worth keeping around for now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Silver&Black88


Moderator
Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 41572
Location: Los Angeles, CA
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liked him in the draft that year. Solid move.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group