Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders sign Jelani Jenkins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rich7sena

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DC4_Life wrote:
Updated depth chat
WLB: Jenkins, Ball/Heeney
MLB: ??????, James
SLB: Irvin, Aldon/Cowser
Still need at least one LB... ball and Henry could be easy cuts too

Perry Riley is a likely re-sign based on Vic Tafur's reports.

I see linebacker being pushed back to a 3rd/4th round need in Reggie's eyes.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich7sena wrote:

I see linebacker being pushed back to a 3rd/4th round need in Reggie's eyes.

I don't. RM was always going to adress glaring holes before the draft because he doesn't want to have to pick a position early. But Riley and Jenkins are stopgaps so it's still a need.
Chwf3rd25

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good signing if he's not being relied upon as a starter, we still need to add at least two more bodies at LB
RaiderX

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like a guy who's development was hampered by nagging injuries. If he's healthy this could be a really solid signing.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
DC4_Life

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
If Ball is healthy, I don't see how it's necessarily an "easy" cut. Big if though
both could be easy cuts because Henney was a flop, and ball always gets hurt.. have to have players who are reliable..
BayRaider

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like we re-sign Riley and have this guy compete with a 3rd-4th Round Rookie for WLB.

Obviously our team doesn't value the second level of the defense and we will just have to trust that judgment. I see Reggie drafting a DL in the 1st. Reggie will always value the trenches over anything else by far.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eddie Borsilli‏ @Borsilli 6h6 hours ago
More
Text from someone I trust with the Dolphins.. (Jelani) Jenkins upside is pro bowl level but needs to stay out of the training room
Rich7sena

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BayRaider wrote:
Looks like we re-sign Riley and have this guy compete with a 3rd-4th Round Rookie for WLB.

Obviously our team doesn't value the second level of the defense and we will just have to trust that judgment. I see Reggie drafting a DL in the 1st. Reggie will always value the trenches over anything else by far.

I don't think Reggie goes D-line in round 1. I'd be more willing to bet he'd go offensive tackle, but he's invested relatively heavily in the defensive line in the past two drafts (Ward, Edwards).

I think he'll let the board come to him, as he always does, but I'm starting to see the stars align for Melifonwu, offensive tackle, or corner. I really don't want to draft the latter in the first round.
raiderrocker18

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BayRaider wrote:

or it just means that they would rather address it through the draft than free agency
Synyster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in my expert opinion this is a slight upgrade from malcom smith at a friendlier price. he's a bargain assuming that he can stay relatively healthy
raiderrocker18

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) check the news and see your team signed a player you literally never heard of. ever.

2) immediately see what rotoworld says about him. go back and read their old blurbs, until you get far back enough where they actually say some positive things

3) check for youtube highights

4) read old scouting reports

5) deduce that "this is a pretty good signing, he's an upgrade over -insert player you just lost- "

6) ????

7) profit
Synyster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raiderrocker18 wrote:
1) check the news and see your team signed a player you literally never heard of. ever.

2) immediately see what rotoworld says about him. go back and read their old blurbs, until you get far back enough where they actually say some positive things

5) deduce that "this is a pretty good signing, he's an upgrade over -insert player you just lost- "

6) ????

7) profit

in my expert opinion there is no need for any of this nonsense you've written if you had actually scouted the player previously Wink
DC4_Life

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Synyster wrote:
raiderrocker18 wrote:

6) ????

7) profit

in my expert opinion there is no need for any of this nonsense you've written if you had actually scouted the player previously Wink
I knew about him on Dolphins. No low risk and decent reward at a position of weakness
mct288

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DC4_Life wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
If Ball is healthy, I don't see how it's necessarily an "easy" cut. Big if though
both could be easy cuts because Henney was a flop, and ball always gets hurt.. have to have players who are reliable..

Heeney is a flop, and is a fine cut in my eyes. But when Ball is healthy, he shows he can play. So far, he has been no harm no foul cause he hasn't taken up a roster spot. He may be waived/injured at some point, or he might not be resigned as a FA. However, he is most likely going to be a better player than those who are vying for the same spot as him, and as long as he can be active or hidden on IR, then I don't see a reason to cut him. He is cheap, controlled, and has upside. The team won't rely on everyone that makes the 53, so he's worth keeping around for now.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liked him in the draft that year. Solid move.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: