Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Fitness Thread - (newer)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 70, 71, 72  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MookieMonster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got some minor food poisoning last night and lost about 7 pounds. Thats one way to accelerate the diet I guess Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iifym will help 95% of people reach their fitness goals. It should be common sense to be eating as much nutrient rich food as possible. The point is you can live life and eat that pizza or burger without worrying about throwing your "diet" off track. Many of us work office jobs where it's not practical to do things like meal prep or cook perfect meals every night.

Once you're getting to ~single digit body fat, it becomes more complicated, but most people who are that into it are running gear at that point to get body fat lower anyways. 98% of people do not even want to go below 10% bf. Even most fitness models will say 8-10% is the perfect range. Lower than that isn't even really healthy and you basically have to be obsessive about dieting and working out. Just not worth it (unless those are your goals, which is fine).

If all you care about is being 10-20% body fat and being relatively healthy, keep it simple.
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing you have to watch out for in IIFYM is your fiber.

I ate a lot of pre-made food because I was on the go all the time when I lost all my weight. Post college I was obese and I lost all that weight with IIFYM guided by my coach.

After constipation here and there I started Googling stuff which all kept coming back to fiber. Well after looking at the nutrient labels on the back of what I was eating, I realized that the food was low in fiber. To fix this I purchased a powder fiber drink which I took twice a day.
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:

I ate a lot of pre-made food because I was on the go all the time when I lost all my weight. Post college I was obese and I lost all that weight with IIFYM guided by my coach.

After constipation here and there I started Googling stuff which all kept coming back to fiber. Well after looking at the nutrient labels on the back of what I was eating, I realized that the food was low in fiber. To fix this I purchased a powder fiber drink which I took twice a day.
If you're eating a lot of premade foods, there's actually a lot you could be missing. You can miss micros pretty easily if you're not eating a balanced diet. IIFYM isn't eat whatever you want so long as you hit your micros, it's *you can substitute unhealthy macros into your diet and still be 100% fine*. You still need to be on a good path with micros generally.

Live life like you're down 3-1
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:

If you're eating a lot of premade foods, there's actually a lot you could be missing. You can miss micros pretty easily if you're not eating a balanced diet. IIFYM isn't eat whatever you want so long as you hit your micros, it's *you can substitute unhealthy macros into your diet and still be 100% fine*. You still need to be on a good path with micros generally.

Well I mean I went from 30% to 11% and got my body I wanted(can't lie took gear).
But yes you're right. I have multi vitamins and other supps to get the health side of food
Heimdallr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what is everyone's favorite protein powder? just mixing with water. must be on Amazon Prime.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heimdallr wrote:
what is everyone's favorite protein powder? just mixing with water. must be on Amazon Prime.

i use gold standard. i just put the littlest amount of water to get it to not be a sludge and then chug it, though.

Thomas5737 wrote:

. . . Flacco is right. . .
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
Heimdallr wrote:

i use gold standard. i just put the littlest amount of water to get it to not be a sludge and then chug it, though.

Same.

I've been buying Phase8 lately because I'm lazy and Kroger carries it, but usually it's Gold Standard.

It mixes easily and they have a ton of flavor options.

ON has pretty good products in general IMO.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the subject of protein powders, anyone ever try anything from True Nutrition?

Heimdallr

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
Heimdallr wrote:

French Vanilla or Double Chocolate?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heimdallr wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
Heimdallr wrote:

French Vanilla or Double Chocolate?

I'm not big on chocolate so if I do go chocolate, it's Milk Chocolate. I much prefer Vanilla things but I can't do vanilla protein, it's just a weird fake flavor to me.

I've been a fan of the strawberry. Just bought Salted Caramel and it's ok.

Thomas5737 wrote:

. . . Flacco is right. . .
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mocha Cappuccino is a really solid flavor too for ON products.

If you like vanilla, get the vanilla ice cream. Mix with skim milk and it tastes pretty good.

LionsFan01

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heimdallr wrote:

If you can handle the macros, Syntha-6 is hard to beat flavor wise and it's $10 cheaper on Amazon versus somewhere like BB.com. Fantastic with water or milk. ON has made strides in the flavor department, but Sythna-6 is in a whole different league. There's a trade off since ON has a cleaner profile, but the difference isn't large enough to push me away. Not a huge fan of other BSN products, but Syntha-6 has been my go to protein for years.
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever you do never EVER order About Time Vegan protein powder. It's like pure chalk. Guy at work talked me into it so I ordered two different flavors. Both were hideous. Made him buy the stuff off me. Stay Away!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liquid Egg Whites>>>>>>>any protein powder

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 70, 71, 72  Next
Page 67 of 72

Jump to: