Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2016 News & Info™ IV - Schedule Released
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 93, 94, 95  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MemphisEagles wrote:
I honestly think we should cut Celek, Sproles, and try to trade Kelce and Kendricks and then go out and sign Jonathan Hankins.

I think we let Celek retire here. I am all for maximizing the roster, but Celek is one of those guys you just don't cut. Dude has given his team everything from the start of his career, deserves respect.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
MemphisEagles wrote:
I honestly think we should cut Celek, Sproles, and try to trade Kelce and Kendricks and then go out and sign Jonathan Hankins.

I think we let Celek retire here. I am all for maximizing the roster, but Celek is one of those guys you just don't cut. Dude has given his team everything from the start of his career, deserves respect.

Would rather ask him to take a paycut before outright cutting. He probably would
nlesthought

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

QuackKelly wrote:
AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
MemphisEagles wrote:

Would rather ask him to take a paycut before outright cutting. He probably would

I believe he'll retire soon, but years past we did a good job of letting guys go before they went downhill. Now we're holding onto guys too long.

Its not like Celek is getting in the ring of honor or getting his jersey retired. He hasn't been that great. He's a new era Vince Papale playing TE, folk hero.
BLick12

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:
FlyEaglesFly193 wrote:
BLick12 wrote:
Hockey5djh wrote:
BLick12 wrote:
Hockey5djh wrote:
I don't even know how to interpret that. Outside of the obvious "OMG DGB" and "Wow Ertz" what is an "acceptable drop rate"? Personally I only really care about the sample sizes from Sproles up+Ertz, Where do these players rank in the league?

IIRC average drop rate for the league is like 6-8%.

So the only one that has a better drop rate than the average player in the league is Ertz? Ouch.

Considering Ertz puts all emphasis on catching and none on YAC, I'd hope he can at least catch it. Laughing

Haha Ertz did do better down the stretch with some good ones and actually played like a TE. How did Ertz grade out blocking? With Celck getting old it could be an issue going further.

I don't know how Ertz graded out, but eyeball test says he was solid the first 3-4 weeks, then once again his below average self the rest of the way. Celek caught like 15 passes last year. We should just cut him and make Burton the #2. I like Brent, but he's kinda pointless if he's only catching 15 again this season. We should cut him and let him sign with Andy to back up Kelce.

Ertz did what he normally does, he was mediocre through the first 3/4 of the year and then blew up the last handful of weeks. I'm hoping it is a chemistry thing with Wentz. They didn't get much time to play together early on because of Wentz's injury. Same thing happened with him and Bradford the season before only Ertz was injured.

Bird Watch: Nolan Carroll
nlesthought

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read Bennie turned down a multi-year deal, hence the non-effort to resign him.
nlesthought

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Barner signing with the Chargers, does that leave the door open for Mathews to return?
EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:
With Barner signing with the Chargers, does that leave the door open for Mathews to return?

Aren't their questions if Mathews will ever play again because of his neck injury at the end of last year?

BIRD WATCH: "WR" Nelson Agholor //36 REC//365 YARDS//2 TDS//2 stone hands//1 crippling boneheaded pentaly//1 deactivation//1 tremendous waste of a pick
nlesthought

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesPeteC wrote:
nlesthought wrote:

Aren't their questions if Mathews will ever play again because of his neck injury at the end of last year?

Howie addressed this earlier this month...

Quote:
"Ryan is doing great and we full expect him to be ready to play," Roseman noted at the Combine. "He's under contract and it's as simple as that at this time."

Can't cut an injured player, I guess once a physical is done that will determine his road.

Some sort of injury settlement probably wasn't agreed upon when he was injured late in the year.
Fitz2k2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesPeteC wrote:
nlesthought wrote:

I heard somewhere when matthews completes a physical they will release him.so i can see eagles drafting rb 2 or 3rd.
EagleBlueDon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sitting here in physical therapy practice class trying to think of a good plan to not have terrible starting corners this season. I can't come up with anything.
EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EagleBlueDon wrote:
Sitting here in physical therapy practice class trying to think of a good plan to not have terrible starting corners this season. I can't come up with anything.

Sign Sterling Moore, trade for one (Kyle Fuller?) and draft one in the first 2 Rounds and one later

It's still.....possible?

BIRD WATCH: "WR" Nelson Agholor //36 REC//365 YARDS//2 TDS//2 stone hands//1 crippling boneheaded pentaly//1 deactivation//1 tremendous waste of a pick
Jlash

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesPeteC wrote:
EagleBlueDon wrote:

Sign Sterling Moore, trade for one (Kyle Fuller?) and draft one in the first 2 Rounds and one later

It's still.....possible?

There's a reason Sterling Moore is about to be on his 4th team in 4 years. Especially when DB hungry teams like Dallas, Tampa and New Orleans let him walk. He's cheeks. He'd have to play in the slot, where Jalen Mills best shot to not kill this team would be.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesPeteC wrote:
EagleBlueDon wrote:

It's still.....possible?

I mean, I did not expect Jmatt to be basically the third best (theoretically) receiver on our team before the draft. If they can figure out a way to get one solid corner before then I'll feel as comfortable as i did at any point last year with the corners and our offense should be better.
Art_Vandalay

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EagleBlueDon wrote:

A good pass rush makes CB's appear a whole lot better. If Derek Barnett is still on the board, it would be hard to pass on him. That's assuming the top CB's have already been taken.

Bird Watch: DE Vinny Curry - Last seen robbing Philly of $47 mil
EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlash wrote:
EaglesPeteC wrote:
EagleBlueDon wrote:

It's still.....possible?

There's a reason Sterling Moore is about to be on his 4th team in 4 years. Especially when DB hungry teams like Dallas, Tampa and New Orleans let him walk. He's cheeks. He'd have to play in the slot, where Jalen Mills best shot to not kill this team would be.

That phrase is new to me..... haha.

I mean Sterling Moore is serviceable.......beggers can't be choosers at this point.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 93, 94, 95  Next
Page 52 of 95

Jump to: