Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Free Agency Rumors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 51, 52, 53  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jlowe22

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cakeshoppe wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
We are talking about a guy who had 11 turnovers if you combine his fumbles with interceptions. He also still doesn't read defenses.

Aaron Rodgers had 11 turnovers in 2016 if you combine INTs and Fumbles lost.

Lmao, he also had 40 TD passes.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
MWil23 wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
Kaep is good enough to warrant a roster spot.

He's being blackballed.. not because he kneeled (other players did as well) but because he is a QB who decided to kneel.

It's more than that. It's the pig cop socks. It's that he's digressed. It's the media circus that comes with it.

Who wants to deal with all of that unwanted attention from him and the media when he's about the 40th best QB in the NFL?

It's Tim Tebow on the complete opposite end of the spectrum.

THat's such massive hyperbole though. I mean, he's a better quarterback than Brock Osweiler. I'd rather have him than Tom Savage. You can debate him against the likes of Brian Hoyer, Mike Glennon, Trevor Siemian. I think that you can debate him against the likes of Cutler. I'd rather have him than start Hackenberg or Petty. Those guys right now are starters. Even if you don't like Kaep, he's at least in the conversation with those guys with regards to their play on the field. I get that he's not a great quarterback, and he'd be bottom third of the league passing, but 40th is stretching it quite a bit.

I think he is somewhere b/w 25-35 in QB talent wise but with his personality that puts him 30-40. He might be better than Oswielr, Hoyer, Glennon, Siemian, Hackenberg, Petty, and etc but Keap and his personality. He had the protesting, cop socks, and etc. Its not hurting people but it could potentially divide a locker room. He is better than a lot of #2 QBs on just about every team but is he worth it if he isnt going to play? Same thing with Tebow. Tebow should of been worth at least a #2 or #3 QB but his personality just wasnt worth it to keep around.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaep never developed, that's why many teams don't want him

Andy Benoit at SI wrote about it

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/03/15/nfl-colin-kaepernick-robert-griffin-iii-free-agent-quarterbacks

There are many flawed quarterbacks still on the market: Ryan Fitzpatrick, Jay Cutler, Geno Smith, Josh McCown. But these QBs at least have a demonstrated ability to play in the pocket. Itís infinitely easier to plug one of these guys in than it is to plug in Kaepernick and Griffin.
Tyty

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GM's don't want Kaep because fans would burn down the stadium if they signed him after the stupid national anthem boycott
Shanedorf

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can always count on a few bellicose fans to bellow about burning down the stadium...

But smart GM's know this:

"If you listen to the fans, pretty soon you'll be sitting with the fans"
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
MWil23 wrote:
1. Brady
2. Jimmy G
3. Tyrod
4. Tannehill
5. Matt Moore (I'm serious)

oh lawd

Tannehill and Moore's placement on this list would make sense if it were 2012

But I digress
He listed them by team. Do you really think he was listing McCarron over Flacco and Goff over Wilson?

Live life like you're down 3-1
cddolphin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MWil23 wrote:
Guys I'd rather have (in no particular order)

ignore me I'm an idiot
patsfan06

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the thing with Kaepernick.

Yes, he may be better than some of the guys currently in the NFL/on the free agent market.

But he brings a circus (whether you like it or not/agree with it or not). On that point, I am not going to remotely feel bad for him if that is why he is "blackballed" either. He decided to make that bed, now he has to lay in it. No one forced him to start a protest and insult cops, he decided it was the thing he he wanted to do and now he has to deal with the consequences.

But more importantly you know what he is as a QB and he is not going to suddenly develop into the savior of a franchise at 30 years old and quite frankly, teams would rather roll the dice on upside with guys like Hackenberg or Barkley or Petty or Lynch etc because there is a "chance" they become good or even great even if it is a slim chance.

EDIT: Great point on the Tebow thing, if it was just about ability to impact the result of games in the NFL, Tebow would have been around a lot longer. However, the whole persona, the drama, the Tebowmania that surrounded everything he did wasn't worth the headache at all.
PapaShogun

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all about what you bring to the table as a player on the field. If Colin K was a much better quarterback he'd have a job, protest or not.

- Five Time Super Bowl Champion San Francisco 49ers -
1981*1984*1988*1989*1994*
Jlowe22

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaep just isn't any good, he doesn't seem to have the mental capacity to read defenses and dissect the passing game. He can make a few plays, but I'd rather take a chance attempting to develop a young QB rather than roll with the very below average Kaepernick.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PapaShogun wrote:
It's all about what you bring to the table as a player on the field. If Colin K was a much better quarterback he'd have a job, protest or not.

Pretty much this. Look at players like Greg Hardy who still had a job after what he did or players like T.O., Moss, Haynesworth, Ochocinco etc... If you play well someone will take you on their team. Kaepernick coming out of college was a supremely gifted athlete with maybe the strongest arm in his class, some of the fastest feet, extreme elusiveness and ideal size. His knocks were poor decision making/reads, not a polished passer, bad mechanics and not a lot of high level competition. Now 6 years later and he hasn't really gotten any better and people are starting to realize he just ins't that good. All the physical gifts in the world but he kinda just sucks.

Playing QB is the NFL is about brains and studying your opponent more than physical ability. That's why players who are undersized like Brees and players who are as athletic as a week old giraffe like Brady are able to play at the highest level. If I was to build my ideal QB it'd probably just be Manning or Brady's brain in Kaepernick or Newton's body.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its amazing that Kaeps moral convictions went out the window when he needed a job...

Tony Romos Last pass was a TD against the EAGLES!
candyman93

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Its amazing that Kaeps moral convictions went out the window when he needed a job...

You mean kind of like how yours would be too. You'd flip really quickly to the other side of arguments if it meant providing for your kid.

2016 Adopt a Brownie - Joe Schoebert & Christian Kirksey
RayBringsPain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:

Not really.

He shouldn't have had a job in 2016. He pulled his stunt for one reason-to avoid being cut; the 49ers were then afraid to cut him over being labeled a certain term.

When he didn't even bother to vote he lost all remaining credibility.

Then stating he'd stand for the anthem in 2017 was transparent- "please give me some guaranteed money"

He'll make a living giving speeches at leftist colleges for a few years and fade away.
cddolphin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:

Meh, correct me if I'm wrong but I'm under the impression that none of the other players will continue kneeling either. Their point was made. They got a huge amount of attention for a very minor action. I'm sure they consider that a "success" in one way or another.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 45 of 53

Jump to: