You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft Needs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
Brate the great for crying out loud. Come on guys. Not wanting to move up to 1st overall to select Howard is one thing but calling Brate "all pro" is a bit much. I get it there's tons of love but reaching a bit much here no?

Wanting to select the 4th-6th best Dlinemen instead of the 2nd-3rd best receiver (wr/TE) because of Jackson or Brate the great is crazy. Two can play this game. We already have multiple double digit sacks guys (or guys who will be this year) along the dline. Want to add another guy to come and for a handful of plays each game? McCoy is gonna be sniffing double digit. Ayers is gonna be sniffing double digit. Spence is gonna be sniffing double digit. Anyone shocked if Smith can stay healthy that he sniffs double digit?

I say we get our 23 year old franchise player some help.

You think we'll have almost 40 sacks with four guys? Laughing
LazyBoyFil

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
Brate the great for crying out loud. Come on guys. Not wanting to move up to 1st overall to select Howard is one thing but calling Brate "all pro" is a bit much. I get it there's tons of love but reaching a bit much here no?

Wanting to select the 4th-6th best Dlinemen instead of the 2nd-3rd best receiver (wr/TE) because of Jackson or Brate the great is crazy. Two can play this game. We already have multiple double digit sacks guys (or guys who will be this year) along the dline. Want to add another guy to come and for a handful of plays each game? McCoy is gonna be sniffing double digit. Ayers is gonna be sniffing double digit. Spence is gonna be sniffing double digit. Anyone shocked if Smith can stay healthy that he sniffs double digit?

its a known fact that having the best DLine rotation possible is going to make you a good team

having 2 good TEs is just luxury and doesn't make you a good team (only if you have a HOF QB #Brady)

so yes id take the best available DE, which may be the 4th or 5th best one in the draft , over the best TE in the draft
not to mention the DEs this draft are deep so the quality from the 2nd-6th guy isn't that much of a drop off
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

Anyone of the top three guys unnamed isn't close to 10 they had a down year. Who are you calling out to underperform this this year?

Adopt-a-Buc Jameis Winston 4,090 YDs 28 TDs 18 INTs
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

Anyone of the top three guys unnamed isn't close to 10 they had a down year. Who are you calling out to underperform this this year?

Ayers peaked at 9.5. He's closer to a five or six sack guy.

McCoy will get close to nine, like he has the last few years.

Jacky Smith is probably gonna top out around six or seven, like he has in the two seasons he's actually played.

Spence is difficult to guage. But I can't see him getting 10 sacks yet. He'll probably be closer to eight.

I've got about 30, if you take all the highs. And even that might be generous.
indifference

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

Jacky Smith is probably gonna top out around six or seven, like he has in the two seasons he's actually played.

Spence is difficult to guage. But I can't see him getting 10 sacks yet. He'll probably be closer to eight.

And while I agree the DL depth needs to be better, your missing one important name on that list. Chris Baker. I know people aren't expecting him to do much because he was responsible for the dirty work in Washington in the 3-4. But, the guy has pass rush abilities as a DT. He's 320 solid with nimbleness to him. Sign him up for at least 4-5 sacks easily in a 4-3 with McCoy. Gholston will chip in with 2-3 sacks as well. But, I still think we need a DE to eventually replace Ayers. If Barnett is there at 19, you take him and throw him in there as the #3 guy. Jaq can be Spence back-up.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

Ayers was on a nine sack pace last season. He gives us five this season I don't think I'm the only one who is going to be very disappointed.

You have nine for McCoy.

Spence gets eight.

Are those numbers not "close" to ten?

Smith gets seven and Baker gets five. We need to add a first rounder to that group? I'm not opposed to it but I'd rather look elsewhere.

Adopt-a-Buc Jameis Winston 4,090 YDs 28 TDs 18 INTs
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

Ayers was on a nine sack pace last season. He gives us five this season I don't think I'm the only one who is going to be very disappointed.

You have nine for McCoy.

Spence gets eight.

Smith gets seven and Baker gets five. We need to add a first rounder to that group? I'm not opposed to it but I'd rather look elsewhere.

I hear you but it's not about need. I mean why not draft to the strength of a draft. You can't expect a rookie to come in and be top dog out of the gate either.

Ayers has one year left.
Jaq smith can't stay healthy.
Gholston is a beast run defender but that's it.

Suddenly taking an edge guy long term looks like a need.
LazyBoyFil

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

You have nine for McCoy.

Spence gets eight.

I hear you but it's not about need. I mean why not draft to the strength of a draft. You can't expect a rookie to come in and be top dog out of the gate either.

Ayers has one year left.
Jaq smith can't stay healthy.
Gholston is a beast run defender but that's it.

Suddenly taking an edge guy long term looks like a need.

I honestly think that Barnet would win a starting job on our DLine
indifference

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can NEVER have enough good pass rushers. Last year we had good stretches when everyone came back healthy. Barnett at 19 should be a no brainer for us. Ayers is an above average DE with a year left on his deal so taking his replacement right now would be a smart move. Saves us more $ and Barnett upside to be better than Ayers. Ironically both guys played at Tennessee. I know you guys don't want to see Lambert out there again.

Barnett is my #1 target in the draft. I know we need weapons for Winston but elite pass rushers are hard to come by. And complimentary players for Jameis can be found rounds 2-3.
xlfrosti

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
You can NEVER have enough good pass rushers. Last year we had good stretches when everyone came back healthy. Barnett at 19 should be a no brainer for us. Ayers is an above average DE with a year left on his deal so taking his replacement right now would be a smart move. Saves us more $ and Barnett upside to be better than Ayers. Ironically both guys played at Tennessee. I know you guys don't want to see Lambert out there again.

Barnett is my #1 target in the draft. I know we need weapons for Winston but elite pass rushers are hard to come by. And complimentary players for Jameis can be found rounds 2-3.

Again I'm starting to warm up on taking Barnett (if he is there) at 19. This draft is loaded on players to help Jameis develop. The WR is stacked, the RB is stacked, heck even TE is at a good place. Getting someone like Barnett to learn behind Ayers would do wonders for that kid.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barnett shouldn't make it to us at 19. But if he's there, we better take him.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:

Agreed. He's a stud and top 10 talent. Actually top 5 in my eyes.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:

Who does he remind you of? Im curious

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:

Think someone else mentioned it earlier , but Barnett reminds me a lot of Michael Bennett
indifference

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:

I think he plays like Terrell Suggs though personally but could end up being a good pro DE like former Saints DE Will Smith (rip)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: