You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft Needs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
bucsfan333


Joined: 15 Jun 2007
Posts: 38534
Location: the mitten
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
Brate the great for crying out loud. Come on guys. Not wanting to move up to 1st overall to select Howard is one thing but calling Brate "all pro" is a bit much. I get it there's tons of love but reaching a bit much here no?

Wanting to select the 4th-6th best Dlinemen instead of the 2nd-3rd best receiver (wr/TE) because of Jackson or Brate the great is crazy. Two can play this game. We already have multiple double digit sacks guys (or guys who will be this year) along the dline. Want to add another guy to come and for a handful of plays each game? McCoy is gonna be sniffing double digit. Ayers is gonna be sniffing double digit. Spence is gonna be sniffing double digit. Anyone shocked if Smith can stay healthy that he sniffs double digit?

I say we get our 23 year old franchise player some help.

You think we'll have almost 40 sacks with four guys? Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
LazyBoyFil


Joined: 08 Jan 2008
Posts: 1638
Location: Bradenton,FL
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
Brate the great for crying out loud. Come on guys. Not wanting to move up to 1st overall to select Howard is one thing but calling Brate "all pro" is a bit much. I get it there's tons of love but reaching a bit much here no?

Wanting to select the 4th-6th best Dlinemen instead of the 2nd-3rd best receiver (wr/TE) because of Jackson or Brate the great is crazy. Two can play this game. We already have multiple double digit sacks guys (or guys who will be this year) along the dline. Want to add another guy to come and for a handful of plays each game? McCoy is gonna be sniffing double digit. Ayers is gonna be sniffing double digit. Spence is gonna be sniffing double digit. Anyone shocked if Smith can stay healthy that he sniffs double digit?

I say we get our 23 year old franchise player some help.


You think we'll have almost 40 sacks with four guys? Laughing


its a known fact that having the best DLine rotation possible is going to make you a good team

having 2 good TEs is just luxury and doesn't make you a good team (only if you have a HOF QB #Brady)

so yes id take the best available DE, which may be the 4th or 5th best one in the draft , over the best TE in the draft
not to mention the DEs this draft are deep so the quality from the 2nd-6th guy isn't that much of a drop off
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
deuces22wild


Joined: 07 Apr 2008
Posts: 12320
Location: Mack on the sig
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
Brate the great for crying out loud. Come on guys. Not wanting to move up to 1st overall to select Howard is one thing but calling Brate "all pro" is a bit much. I get it there's tons of love but reaching a bit much here no?

Wanting to select the 4th-6th best Dlinemen instead of the 2nd-3rd best receiver (wr/TE) because of Jackson or Brate the great is crazy. Two can play this game. We already have multiple double digit sacks guys (or guys who will be this year) along the dline. Want to add another guy to come and for a handful of plays each game? McCoy is gonna be sniffing double digit. Ayers is gonna be sniffing double digit. Spence is gonna be sniffing double digit. Anyone shocked if Smith can stay healthy that he sniffs double digit?

I say we get our 23 year old franchise player some help.

You think we'll have almost 40 sacks with four guys? Laughing


Anyone of the top three guys unnamed isn't close to 10 they had a down year. Who are you calling out to underperform this this year?
_________________

Adopt-a-Buc Jameis Winston 4,090 YDs 28 TDs 18 INTs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bucsfan333


Joined: 15 Jun 2007
Posts: 38534
Location: the mitten
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
Brate the great for crying out loud. Come on guys. Not wanting to move up to 1st overall to select Howard is one thing but calling Brate "all pro" is a bit much. I get it there's tons of love but reaching a bit much here no?

Wanting to select the 4th-6th best Dlinemen instead of the 2nd-3rd best receiver (wr/TE) because of Jackson or Brate the great is crazy. Two can play this game. We already have multiple double digit sacks guys (or guys who will be this year) along the dline. Want to add another guy to come and for a handful of plays each game? McCoy is gonna be sniffing double digit. Ayers is gonna be sniffing double digit. Spence is gonna be sniffing double digit. Anyone shocked if Smith can stay healthy that he sniffs double digit?

I say we get our 23 year old franchise player some help.

You think we'll have almost 40 sacks with four guys? Laughing


Anyone of the top three guys unnamed isn't close to 10 they had a down year. Who are you calling out to underperform this this year?

Ayers peaked at 9.5. He's closer to a five or six sack guy.

McCoy will get close to nine, like he has the last few years.

Jacky Smith is probably gonna top out around six or seven, like he has in the two seasons he's actually played.

Spence is difficult to guage. But I can't see him getting 10 sacks yet. He'll probably be closer to eight.

I've got about 30, if you take all the highs. And even that might be generous.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
indifference


Joined: 08 Nov 2010
Posts: 3566
Location: Los Angeles, CA
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
Brate the great for crying out loud. Come on guys. Not wanting to move up to 1st overall to select Howard is one thing but calling Brate "all pro" is a bit much. I get it there's tons of love but reaching a bit much here no?

Wanting to select the 4th-6th best Dlinemen instead of the 2nd-3rd best receiver (wr/TE) because of Jackson or Brate the great is crazy. Two can play this game. We already have multiple double digit sacks guys (or guys who will be this year) along the dline. Want to add another guy to come and for a handful of plays each game? McCoy is gonna be sniffing double digit. Ayers is gonna be sniffing double digit. Spence is gonna be sniffing double digit. Anyone shocked if Smith can stay healthy that he sniffs double digit?

I say we get our 23 year old franchise player some help.

You think we'll have almost 40 sacks with four guys? Laughing


Anyone of the top three guys unnamed isn't close to 10 they had a down year. Who are you calling out to underperform this this year?

Ayers peaked at 9.5. He's closer to a five or six sack guy.

McCoy will get close to nine, like he has the last few years.

Jacky Smith is probably gonna top out around six or seven, like he has in the two seasons he's actually played.

Spence is difficult to guage. But I can't see him getting 10 sacks yet. He'll probably be closer to eight.

I've got about 30, if you take all the highs. And even that might be generous.
And while I agree the DL depth needs to be better, your missing one important name on that list. Chris Baker. I know people aren't expecting him to do much because he was responsible for the dirty work in Washington in the 3-4. But, the guy has pass rush abilities as a DT. He's 320 solid with nimbleness to him. Sign him up for at least 4-5 sacks easily in a 4-3 with McCoy. Gholston will chip in with 2-3 sacks as well. But, I still think we need a DE to eventually replace Ayers. If Barnett is there at 19, you take him and throw him in there as the #3 guy. Jaq can be Spence back-up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
deuces22wild


Joined: 07 Apr 2008
Posts: 12320
Location: Mack on the sig
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
Brate the great for crying out loud. Come on guys. Not wanting to move up to 1st overall to select Howard is one thing but calling Brate "all pro" is a bit much. I get it there's tons of love but reaching a bit much here no?

Wanting to select the 4th-6th best Dlinemen instead of the 2nd-3rd best receiver (wr/TE) because of Jackson or Brate the great is crazy. Two can play this game. We already have multiple double digit sacks guys (or guys who will be this year) along the dline. Want to add another guy to come and for a handful of plays each game? McCoy is gonna be sniffing double digit. Ayers is gonna be sniffing double digit. Spence is gonna be sniffing double digit. Anyone shocked if Smith can stay healthy that he sniffs double digit?

I say we get our 23 year old franchise player some help.

You think we'll have almost 40 sacks with four guys? Laughing


Anyone of the top three guys unnamed isn't close to 10 they had a down year. Who are you calling out to underperform this this year?

Ayers peaked at 9.5. He's closer to a five or six sack guy.

McCoy will get close to nine, like he has the last few years.

Jacky Smith is probably gonna top out around six or seven, like he has in the two seasons he's actually played.

Spence is difficult to guage. But I can't see him getting 10 sacks yet. He'll probably be closer to eight.

I've got about 30, if you take all the highs. And even that might be generous.


Ayers was on a nine sack pace last season. He gives us five this season I don't think I'm the only one who is going to be very disappointed.

You have nine for McCoy.

Spence gets eight.

Are those numbers not "close" to ten?

Smith gets seven and Baker gets five. We need to add a first rounder to that group? I'm not opposed to it but I'd rather look elsewhere.
_________________

Adopt-a-Buc Jameis Winston 4,090 YDs 28 TDs 18 INTs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 11223
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
Brate the great for crying out loud. Come on guys. Not wanting to move up to 1st overall to select Howard is one thing but calling Brate "all pro" is a bit much. I get it there's tons of love but reaching a bit much here no?

Wanting to select the 4th-6th best Dlinemen instead of the 2nd-3rd best receiver (wr/TE) because of Jackson or Brate the great is crazy. Two can play this game. We already have multiple double digit sacks guys (or guys who will be this year) along the dline. Want to add another guy to come and for a handful of plays each game? McCoy is gonna be sniffing double digit. Ayers is gonna be sniffing double digit. Spence is gonna be sniffing double digit. Anyone shocked if Smith can stay healthy that he sniffs double digit?

I say we get our 23 year old franchise player some help.

You think we'll have almost 40 sacks with four guys? Laughing


Anyone of the top three guys unnamed isn't close to 10 they had a down year. Who are you calling out to underperform this this year?

Ayers peaked at 9.5. He's closer to a five or six sack guy.

McCoy will get close to nine, like he has the last few years.

Jacky Smith is probably gonna top out around six or seven, like he has in the two seasons he's actually played.

Spence is difficult to guage. But I can't see him getting 10 sacks yet. He'll probably be closer to eight.

I've got about 30, if you take all the highs. And even that might be generous.


Ayers was on a nine sack pace last season. He gives us five this season I don't think I'm the only one who is going to be very disappointed.

You have nine for McCoy.

Spence gets eight.

Are those numbers not "close" to ten?

Smith gets seven and Baker gets five. We need to add a first rounder to that group? I'm not opposed to it but I'd rather look elsewhere.


I hear you but it's not about need. I mean why not draft to the strength of a draft. You can't expect a rookie to come in and be top dog out of the gate either.

Ayers has one year left.
Jaq smith can't stay healthy.
Gholston is a beast run defender but that's it.

Suddenly taking an edge guy long term looks like a need.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LazyBoyFil


Joined: 08 Jan 2008
Posts: 1638
Location: Bradenton,FL
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
Brate the great for crying out loud. Come on guys. Not wanting to move up to 1st overall to select Howard is one thing but calling Brate "all pro" is a bit much. I get it there's tons of love but reaching a bit much here no?

Wanting to select the 4th-6th best Dlinemen instead of the 2nd-3rd best receiver (wr/TE) because of Jackson or Brate the great is crazy. Two can play this game. We already have multiple double digit sacks guys (or guys who will be this year) along the dline. Want to add another guy to come and for a handful of plays each game? McCoy is gonna be sniffing double digit. Ayers is gonna be sniffing double digit. Spence is gonna be sniffing double digit. Anyone shocked if Smith can stay healthy that he sniffs double digit?

I say we get our 23 year old franchise player some help.

You think we'll have almost 40 sacks with four guys? Laughing


Anyone of the top three guys unnamed isn't close to 10 they had a down year. Who are you calling out to underperform this this year?

Ayers peaked at 9.5. He's closer to a five or six sack guy.

McCoy will get close to nine, like he has the last few years.

Jacky Smith is probably gonna top out around six or seven, like he has in the two seasons he's actually played.

Spence is difficult to guage. But I can't see him getting 10 sacks yet. He'll probably be closer to eight.

I've got about 30, if you take all the highs. And even that might be generous.


Ayers was on a nine sack pace last season. He gives us five this season I don't think I'm the only one who is going to be very disappointed.

You have nine for McCoy.

Spence gets eight.

Are those numbers not "close" to ten?

Smith gets seven and Baker gets five. We need to add a first rounder to that group? I'm not opposed to it but I'd rather look elsewhere.


I hear you but it's not about need. I mean why not draft to the strength of a draft. You can't expect a rookie to come in and be top dog out of the gate either.

Ayers has one year left.
Jaq smith can't stay healthy.
Gholston is a beast run defender but that's it.

Suddenly taking an edge guy long term looks like a need.


I honestly think that Barnet would win a starting job on our DLine
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
indifference


Joined: 08 Nov 2010
Posts: 3566
Location: Los Angeles, CA
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can NEVER have enough good pass rushers. Last year we had good stretches when everyone came back healthy. Barnett at 19 should be a no brainer for us. Ayers is an above average DE with a year left on his deal so taking his replacement right now would be a smart move. Saves us more $ and Barnett upside to be better than Ayers. Ironically both guys played at Tennessee. I know you guys don't want to see Lambert out there again.

Barnett is my #1 target in the draft. I know we need weapons for Winston but elite pass rushers are hard to come by. And complimentary players for Jameis can be found rounds 2-3.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xlfrosti


Joined: 02 Apr 2009
Posts: 1530
Location: Camp Pendleton, Cali
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
You can NEVER have enough good pass rushers. Last year we had good stretches when everyone came back healthy. Barnett at 19 should be a no brainer for us. Ayers is an above average DE with a year left on his deal so taking his replacement right now would be a smart move. Saves us more $ and Barnett upside to be better than Ayers. Ironically both guys played at Tennessee. I know you guys don't want to see Lambert out there again.

Barnett is my #1 target in the draft. I know we need weapons for Winston but elite pass rushers are hard to come by. And complimentary players for Jameis can be found rounds 2-3.


Again I'm starting to warm up on taking Barnett (if he is there) at 19. This draft is loaded on players to help Jameis develop. The WR is stacked, the RB is stacked, heck even TE is at a good place. Getting someone like Barnett to learn behind Ayers would do wonders for that kid.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bucsfan333


Joined: 15 Jun 2007
Posts: 38534
Location: the mitten
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barnett shouldn't make it to us at 19. But if he's there, we better take him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 11223
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
Barnett shouldn't make it to us at 19. But if he's there, we better take him.


Agreed. He's a stud and top 10 talent. Actually top 5 in my eyes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bucstopshere


Moderator
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Posts: 14613
Location: Las Vegas
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
Barnett shouldn't make it to us at 19. But if he's there, we better take him.


Agreed. He's a stud and top 10 talent. Actually top 5 in my eyes.



Who does he remind you of? Im curious
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
LazyBoyFil


Joined: 08 Jan 2008
Posts: 1638
Location: Bradenton,FL
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
Barnett shouldn't make it to us at 19. But if he's there, we better take him.


Agreed. He's a stud and top 10 talent. Actually top 5 in my eyes.



Who does he remind you of? Im curious



Think someone else mentioned it earlier , but Barnett reminds me a lot of Michael Bennett
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
indifference


Joined: 08 Nov 2010
Posts: 3566
Location: Los Angeles, CA
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
Barnett shouldn't make it to us at 19. But if he's there, we better take him.


Agreed. He's a stud and top 10 talent. Actually top 5 in my eyes.



Who does he remind you of? Im curious

I think he plays like Terrell Suggs though personally but could end up being a good pro DE like former Saints DE Will Smith (rip)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group