Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bills Free Agency Talk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brought in LB Keenan Robinson for a visit. Nickle linebacker. Could be a great player to spell Alexander for coverage purposes

Adopt a Bill: Marcell Dareus and Richie Incognito
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
leeevans83d wrote:
We resigned Brandon Tate. Real happy about that. He was a good depth WR when we needed him and an excellent return man. Happy to have him back!

Powell, Tate and Butler/Brown offer a nice 4-6 list of WR. The special teams contribution that these guys add is crucial.
Dont forget Holmes. We actually have solid depth in that WR3 spot and down.

I'm surprised it took so long to get Tate back but I'm glad he's back.

As of right now I was linking Holmes to the #2 spot with Listenbee as the 3.

Probably after the draft at least one more legit body gets added to that competition. I just like that our depth guys can contribute on ST but also have experience in the league, unlike previous seasons.

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Draft Wish List:
*Trade Back*
1. Ryan Ramczyk: 2a: Zay Jones 2b: Chidobe Awuzie 3: Bucky Hodges 4: Brad Kaaya 5a: Nate Hairston 5b: Eliah Lee 6: Xavier Woods
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
leeevans83d wrote:
We resigned Brandon Tate. Real happy about that. He was a good depth WR when we needed him and an excellent return man. Happy to have him back!

Powell, Tate and Butler/Brown offer a nice 4-6 list of WR. The special teams contribution that these guys add is crucial.
Dont forget Holmes. We actually have solid depth in that WR3 spot and down.

I'm surprised it took so long to get Tate back but I'm glad he's back.

As of right now I was linking Holmes to the #2 spot with Listenbee as the 3.

Probably after the draft at least one more legit body gets added to that competition. I just like that our depth guys can contribute on ST but also have experience in the league, unlike previous seasons.
Ah okay. I have really liked our offseason. We're less talented on paper than last season but I like the additions and the decisions we've made regarding who to let go and who to bring back. Hopefully we have a good draft and continue to add talent who can make an impact.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
Sacrifice is never easy, Davos. Or it is no true sacrifice.
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zach Brown has new representation and is reportedly meeting with the Bills.

If he re-signs the front 7 is beginning to look fairly legit again.

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Draft Wish List:
*Trade Back*
1. Ryan Ramczyk: 2a: Zay Jones 2b: Chidobe Awuzie 3: Bucky Hodges 4: Brad Kaaya 5a: Nate Hairston 5b: Eliah Lee 6: Xavier Woods
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
Zach Brown has new representation and is reportedly meeting with the Bills.

If he re-signs the front 7 is beginning to look fairly legit again.

Wow. That would be incredible..!!

cdavls17

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think resigning brown is a mistake that money can be spent else where. right now you have shaq lawson, Kyle Williams, Marcell Dareus, and Jerry Hughes as the front 4. With Alexander WLB, Ragland MLB, and Brown SLB. Signing Zach Brown would put him in reserve situation. Right now the bills need starting caliber players at other positions. I just dont see how signing Zach would make a difference to the starting 7 unless the bills dont think Preston Brown is the answer at starting SLB?

Thanks Max
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
I think resigning brown is a mistake that money can be spent else where. right now you have shaq lawson, Kyle Williams, Marcell Dareus, and Jerry Hughes as the front 4. With Alexander WLB, Ragland MLB, and Brown SLB. Signing Zach Brown would put him in reserve situation. Right now the bills need starting caliber players at other positions. I just dont see how signing Zach would make a difference to the starting 7 unless the bills dont think Preston Brown is the answer at starting SLB?
I don't think it is necessarily a mistake but I think it is definitely something to pause about. If we sign Brown we've got four guys who could start and only three spots. I'd imagine it would be Alexander at SLB, P. Brown at MLB and Z. Brown at WLB. The other situation is that Preston Brown could be the odd man out if they favor starting Ragland instead.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
Sacrifice is never easy, Davos. Or it is no true sacrifice.
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zach Brown and Alexander switching back and forth between WLB and SLB depending on alignment and play call.

Ragland and P. Brow fighting for starting MLB spot. Each guy is on a rookie contract and super cheap.

I don't see the issue.

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Draft Wish List:
*Trade Back*
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still wanna see us sign Aiken as our WR2. All the recent mock drafts have CB's flying off the board. Conley, Tabor, White etc will be gone by our 2nd round pick and our secondary is gonna get roasted Confused

We need to go CB at 10.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zach Brown would be perfect for McDermotts defense

Adopt a Bill: Marcell Dareus and Richie Incognito
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
I still wanna see us sign Aiken as our WR2. All the recent mock drafts have CB's flying off the board. Conley, Tabor, White etc will be gone by our 2nd round pick and our secondary is gonna get roasted Confused

We need to go CB at 10.

Aiken will be signing today with the Colts, reported a little while ago.

I'm actually heavily against CB at 10. The position is very deep, moreso than WR. You can find yourself a worthy starter as late as the 4th round (3rd round for us considering we don't have a 4th this year). Not to mention that the top tier CBs are not as appealing at 10 anymore. Lattimore has hamstring issues and will probably be gone anyways so, no thanks on him. Next up was Sidney Jones who tore his achilles.. so no good on him at 10. That leaves use looking at Marlon Humphrey (best option I suppose), Conley, White and Tabor who are all more mid-late 1st guys in my opinion.

I'd rather get ourselves the best talent available at WR or S (if one falls), or grab OJ Howard.

BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickChowaniec wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:

We need to go CB at 10.

I'm actually heavily against CB at 10. The position is very deep, moreso than WR. You can find yourself a worthy starter as late as the 4th round (3rd round for us considering we don't have a 4th this year). Not to mention that the top tier CBs are not as appealing at 10 anymore. Lattimore has hamstring issues and will probably be gone anyways so, no thanks on him. Next up was Sidney Jones who tore his achilles.. so no good on him at 10. That leaves use looking at Marlon Humphrey (best option I suppose), Conley, White and Tabor who are all more mid-late 1st guys in my opinion.

I'd rather get ourselves the best talent available at WR or S (if one falls), or grab OJ Howard.

Brady and Tannehill are gonna shred our current secondary. You're not gonna get a starting caliber CB outside of round 2. Maybe look to trade back and add another 2nd rounder than. I am perplexed on what McDermott sees in our statistically dreadful 2016 secondary that lost its 3 best players

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
NickChowaniec wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:

We need to go CB at 10.

Brady and Tannehill are gonna shred our current secondary. You're not gonna get a starting caliber CB outside of round 2. Maybe look to trade back and add another 2nd rounder than. I am perplexed on what McDermott sees in our statistically dreadful 2016 secondary that lost its 3 best players

They would anyways... a rookie CB isn't going to stop Brady man Laughing

Have you looked at this draft in depth? It's loaded. I'm not saying we won't get one in the 2nd, I'm saying with pick 10 it's not wise. We can still find a starter with our 3rd round pick if need be. It's truly that deep. Going WR/S/CB or WR/CB/S will still drastically improve our secondary.

cdavls17

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not about preston brown and raglands contract being cheap its about spending what little cap we have left on a position that can be filled in house and to use that money for other positions with guys still out there. CB and S are still a big need and bills have plenty of options still available at those positions. For instance would you want to pay zach brown or jarius byrd? My personal opinion is byrd and roll with the starters we have

Thanks Max
Billsfaninptown

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
Its not about preston brown and raglands contract being cheap its about spending what little cap we have left on a position that can be filled in house and to use that money for other positions with guys still out there. CB and S are still a big need and bills have plenty of options still available at those positions. For instance would you want to pay zach brown or jarius byrd? My personal opinion is byrd and roll with the starters we have

The problem with our current LB core is that none of them are very good in coverage. Zach Brown would be our best coverage LB.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14

Jump to: