Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Draft, prospects to keep an eye on.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
green4gulf

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericsvibe wrote:
green4gulf wrote:
durreli wrote:
#Dolphins have spent time with S Jabril Peppers, LB Hasson Reddick, LB Zach Cunningham, DE Taco Charlton. #DraftTalk

Out of that group I'm hoping for Reddick or Peppers, but I do have some concern about Peppers coverage skills. No doubt, both of these guys are big time athletes.

I have a feeling the Reddick and Cunningham will be off the board when we pick. Reddick right now is being considered as the best LB in this class, due to Foster's meltdown at he combine. And unlike Foster, both Reddick and Cunningham have the size to play LB in the NFL, Foster is a bit thin in my opinion. This is the reason that I have really taken a look at players like T.J.Watt, Forrest Lamp, Obi, and Jarrad Davis.

I consider Reddick to be the best LB in this class too. I would be OK with Cunningham at 22, but I could also see him being drafted early round 2.

I agree with you on Peppers, but I always get scared we will reach on players from Michigan since that school seems to be Ross' favorite charity. He could be successful in our Defense but as you said, he is limited and could be more of a project player.
freak_of_nature

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as Peppers goes, if we go to a 4-2-5 base, with Peppers as a nickleback, it'd probably be a major boon to the D. Just keep him in short/medium zone coverage and let him blow up the run when it comes to his side.
green4gulf

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

freak_of_nature wrote:
As far as Peppers goes, if we go to a 4-2-5 base, with Peppers as a nickleback, it'd probably be a major boon to the D. Just keep him in short/medium zone coverage and let him blow up the run when it comes to his side.

LIke most NFL teams these days we do play a lot of nickle D. Peppers would be a nice pick for if his talents complimented Jones better, but because of his mediocre coverage skills they just don't. If we want a hybrid Safety that plays the run well and can return punts the Peppers is the guy.
green4gulf

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green4gulf wrote:
ericsvibe wrote:
green4gulf wrote:
durreli wrote:
#Dolphins have spent time with S Jabril Peppers, LB Hasson Reddick, LB Zach Cunningham, DE Taco Charlton. #DraftTalk

Out of that group I'm hoping for Reddick or Peppers, but I do have some concern about Peppers coverage skills. No doubt, both of these guys are big time athletes.

I have a feeling the Reddick and Cunningham will be off the board when we pick. Reddick right now is being considered as the best LB in this class, due to Foster's meltdown at he combine. And unlike Foster, both Reddick and Cunningham have the size to play LB in the NFL, Foster is a bit thin in my opinion. This is the reason that I have really taken a look at players like T.J.Watt, Forrest Lamp, Obi, and Jarrad Davis.

I consider Reddick to be the best LB in this class too. I would be OK with Cunningham at 22, but I could also see him being drafted early round 2.

I agree with you on Peppers, but I always get scared we will reach on players from Michigan since that school seems to be Ross' favorite charity. He could be successful in our Defense but as you said, he is limited and could be more of a project player.

EDIT: After some additional film review of Cunningham, I would be very surprised if he makes it out of the top 25 picks. He isn't a thumper but he certainly wraps up ball carriers and has elite burst. He understands how to read and diagnose a play and he scrapes to perimeter plays and uses his mobility extremely well.

He may not be a thumper, but watching him close on the perimeter run game is like seeing perfection.
ericsvibe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green4gulf wrote:
green4gulf wrote:
ericsvibe wrote:
green4gulf wrote:
durreli wrote:

EDIT: After some additional film review of Cunningham, I would be very surprised if he makes it out of the top 25 picks. He isn't a thumper but he certainly wraps up ball carriers and has elite burst. He understands how to read and diagnose a play and he scrapes to perimeter plays and uses his mobility extremely well.

He may not be a thumper, but watching him close on the perimeter run game is like seeing perfection.

As of now, most draft analysts have Reddick and Cunningham going before Miami picks at 22. They have Foster dropping out of the top 20. I think that Jarrad Davis will be the top LB available at our pick, because I doubt the front office wants to deal with a player like Foster. This I think, opens the door for other positions in the first, such as DE, S, OG.
green4gulf

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericsvibe wrote:
green4gulf wrote:
green4gulf wrote:
ericsvibe wrote:
green4gulf wrote:
durreli wrote:

As of now, most draft analysts have Reddick and Cunningham going before Miami picks at 22. They have Foster dropping out of the top 20. I think that Jarrad Davis will be the top LB available at our pick, because I doubt the front office wants to deal with a player like Foster. This I think, opens the door for other positions in the first, such as DE, S, OG.

I'm beginning to see this draft playing out the same way. i wouldn't mind Forest Lamp at 22. A slight reach but he could fill a need at OG and potentially replace Pouncey at center in 2018 or 2019 ( depending on Pounceys health and cap hit ).
freak_of_nature

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's just 10 guys I'd be thrilled with at our pick. I don't recall saying that for past drafts.
hrubes20

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green4gulf wrote:

I'm beginning to see this draft playing out the same way. i wouldn't mind Forest Lamp at 22. A slight reach but he could fill a need at OG and potentially replace Pouncey at center in 2018 or 2019 ( depending on Pounceys health and cap hit ).

In a draft as weak as this one is on the O-line, I think there's actually a good chance that Lamp is already taken by the time pick 22 rolls around.

Big thanks to Big_Palooka on the sig!
Emerica

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hrubes20 wrote:
green4gulf wrote:

In a draft as weak as this one is on the O-line, I think there's actually a good chance that Lamp is already taken by the time pick 22 rolls around.

Yeah I have the same feeling.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emerica wrote:
hrubes20 wrote:
green4gulf wrote:

ESPN has reported that the Dolphins have a strong, quite interest in Forrest Lamp. It seems that the Dolphins brass are trying to keep their interest on the lowdown, possibly to prevent a team from trading up and drafting him. They also reported that Miami likes Zach Cunningham the most out of the LB prospects, but feel he will never last to 22. Miami would prefer a taller LB.
hrubes20

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericsvibe wrote:
Emerica wrote:
hrubes20 wrote:
green4gulf wrote:

ESPN has reported that the Dolphins have a strong, quite interest in Forrest Lamp. It seems that the Dolphins brass are trying to keep their interest on the lowdown, possibly to prevent a team from trading up and drafting him. They also reported that Miami likes Zach Cunningham the most out of the LB prospects, but feel he will never last to 22. Miami would prefer a taller LB.

I wouldn't lose sleep over a Lamp selection.

green4gulf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hrubes20 wrote:
ericsvibe wrote:
Emerica wrote:
hrubes20 wrote:
green4gulf wrote:

I would be very excited if we drafted Lamp. The best way to keep the Defense off the field is to have a great running game, and we won't have that without great OLine play. Great run game also helps improve QB play. Lamp appears to be the best player in this draft at a position we may well double down on.
hrubes20

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green4gulf wrote:
hrubes20 wrote:
ericsvibe wrote:
Emerica wrote:
hrubes20 wrote:
green4gulf wrote:

I would be very excited if we drafted Lamp. The best way to keep the Defense off the field is to have a great running game, and we won't have that without great OLine play. Great run game also helps improve QB play. Lamp appears to be the best player in this draft at a position we may well double down on.

I need to look at the rest of the OG prospects this year before I could get excited. I have read that others could be day 1 starters at OG who will be available a little later on as well. You can't say the same about some of the potential impact players on defense.

green4gulf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hrubes20 wrote:
green4gulf wrote:
hrubes20 wrote:
ericsvibe wrote:
Emerica wrote:
hrubes20 wrote:
green4gulf wrote:

I need to look at the rest of the OG prospects this year before I could get excited. I have read that others could be day 1 starters at OG who will be available a little later on as well. You can't say the same about some of the potential impact players on defense.

I don't disagree. It just depends on how the draft plays out. I can also see us passing on Lamp. He isn't a player that will drive defenders off the LOS as much as he is an angle and seal zone blocker.
freak_of_nature

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm starting to think Caleb Brantley might be very likely @ 22.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 9 of 14

Jump to: